British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Willowman

2017 Admission Prices

Well not too bad for the Rebels (see here). Only £1 increase which may have happened irrespective.

Here's hoping that the strength of the team is not proportional to the average Premiership admission price.

Haven't seen any admission prices yet but can't see poole putting up prices from Last season have to wait and see

Great idea...

Just what you need to do when running a failing business and you make a conscious corporate decision to lower the quality level of your product..

Put the price up....

That'll work....

(Inflation busting obviously, goes without saying)...

Its the only way.....

• Like 1

Well not too bad for the Rebels (see here). Only £1 increase which may have happened irrespective.

Here's hoping that the strength of the team is not proportional to the average Premiership admission price.

Not too bad if you just pay an adult admission but I take three kids and it's going to cost me £7 more per meeting - approx £150 over a season - hardly encouraging families and the next generation.

• Like 9

I will make a prediction that Lakeside will be the most expensive club in the NL if they race in it, they were joint top of the most expensive clubs in the Elite League (shocking given the state of the stadium) and when they staged a 3rd tier challenge match a season or two ago they wanted more than the other NL teams wanted at the time for watching National League fixtures.

I will make a prediction that Lakeside will be the most expensive club in the NL if they race in it, they were joint top of the most expensive clubs in the Elite League (shocking given the state of the stadium) and when they staged a 3rd tier challenge match a season or two ago they wanted more than the other NL teams wanted at the time for watching National League fixtures.

My understanding is they have to cope with one of the highest stadium rents in the country. Attendances for the stock cars have been falling for sometime and it seems that there are now only a handful of stock car meetings that make enough profit to keep the place in the black, so any shortfall has to come from somewhere and it is from rents, not just Speedwáy rents but the rents the site shops have to pay is eye watering , according to what the people. that run the shops tell me. Then unlike some clubs Lakeside get nothing from the profits taken in the shops and food outlets. Lakeside are not the only club in this situation but it is one of the things that is driving the search for a new stadium.

The reality of the modern world is that the days of reasonable rents are gone. It's not just housing rents that have gone through the roof,Clubs that don't have their own tracks or council owned tracks at bargain rents will always struggle to balance the books, especially those that don't get the profits of the food outlets.

This doesn't excuse the serious mistakes and in fighting that had led the sport into this situation, and the watering down of the league but there is much more to admission pricing than promoters just plucking a figure out of the air and doubling it. Speedwáy has to face some massive financial problems, quite apart from the self inflicted ones.

Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 2

Very true Daytripper.

Increased rent in regards to land and even rising bills like electricity and water certainly has been another kick in the teeth for speedway sides trying to run a team every year.

Rent for anything is ridiculous nowadays whether its a bungalow in Bradford on Avon or a doughnut stand in Doncaster.

Fatcats always needing more than their share as that's how society works.

My income this year has gone up by the rate of inflation which is currently running at the square root of f*ck all.

So my policy is simple, unless there is some material change to the speedway product that is being offered to me i.e. a team is racing in a higher category, then I shall not be paying any more than last year.

My season ticket for Oulton Park for 2017 has gone up by considerably more than the rate of inflation, so I shall not be renewing it.

And another thing - have you seen the size of Mars bars these days - considerably smaller but no reduction in price!!!!

I think someone is extracting the urine.

:mad:

My income this year has gone up by the rate of inflation which is currently running at the square root of f*ck all.

So my policy is simple, unless there is some material change to the speedway product that is being offered to me i.e. a team is racing in a higher category, then I shall not be paying any more than last year.

My season ticket for Oulton Park for 2017 has gone up by considerably more than the rate of inflation, so I shall not be renewing it.

And another thing - have you seen the size of Mars bars these days - considerably smaller but no reduction in price!!!!

Its called shrinkflation and disguises the real inflation rate. Speedway 'powers' have been doing this for a while now, water down the product and charge the same or even more...

Tell your boss that your work rate will match the increase in your rate of pay.

Have not noticed the size of mars bars but Mr Kiplings cakes have shrunk in size, at least the box they come in has also shrunk so you can tell they are smaller.

Have not noticed the size of mars bars but Mr Kiplings cakes have shrunk in size, at least the box they come in has also shrunk so you can tell they are smaller.

And don't get me started on Wagon Wheels....

(or have my hands got bigger?)...😁

And don't get me started on Wagon Wheels....

(or have my hands got bigger?)...

Not to mention Polo Mints, where for years the hole has got bigger, much like the hole in your pocket when you go to a Speedway meeting..

• Like 1

Good suggestion but seeing as I'm my boss not sure it will achieve the desired result!

:t: