British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Willowman

2017 Admission Prices

Surely he wouldn't be that daft? :unsure:

Want to have a bet on that?

Surely he wouldn't be that daft? :unsure:

No doubt for every age group the price will go up to compensate the price drop for OAPs considering the moaning from some last year.

No doubt for every age group the price will go up to compensate the price drop for OAPs considering the moaning from some last year.

Surely your not saying gem moans ;)

Me ever moan? I think I'm quite unbiased really. :o .... :D You're right woz01 I actually didn't mind paying the extra £3 admission and it certainly wasn't enough to keep me away, especially as mostly there are only matches every two weeks.

• Like 1

To be fair, as a 'Business Plan' I can see the merits of the concession being almost on par with the usual entrance fee..

Let's be honest, OAP's make up a high proportion of the crowd so you need to maximise your income..

As I drift ever nearer 'concession age' (and presuming team speedway is still running in this country when I get there) then ANY reduction would seem a bonus I would suggest rather than an 'entitlement'...

Wouldn't surprise me to see other tracks doing the same..

I remember when in the 70s speedway football and the flicks were all around the same price.

Don't mind forking out 17 quid for a ticket at the new Swindon stadium as a seat is guaranteed. Some stadiums 12 quid is a sufficient amount to pay for the facilities and quality of racing on offer.

Graham Drury announced at NSSC the other night that OAP prices are increasing Birmingham next season.

Research has indicated to them that OAPs have a tonne of disposable income and no doubt they realise that 90 per cent of their crowd are OAPs.

• Like 3

Graham Drury announced at NSSC the other night that OAP prices are increasing Birmingham next season.

Research has indicated to them that OAPs have a tonne of disposable income and no doubt they realise that 90 per cent of their crowd are OAPs.

Every financial institution says the same, OAPS are better off these days and even more so in the future. To be honest I don't mind OAPS having a slight reduction by a quid or so. Families in the past few years have had to absorb price increases so it was nice to take all my kids (3 of them) to Brandon for £17 last season. If I had to pay prices that Somerset have set for example they'd only come occasionally.

Blimey is SCB out for the evening? Surprised he hasn't commented yet how well off all OAP's are compared to youngsters who can't afford to get on the property market. :lol:

speedway should be paid for totally by sponsorship money , what comes through the turnstiles shouldn't make a difference and before people say there isn't the sponsorship out there thats rubbish , just 1 multi national company could pay speedway's total bill for a season ,there are celebs who offset more tax per year than what speedway costs to run , the sticking point is us , just ask yourself this if you were a boss of a company that had money to blow on sponsorship would you give it to speedway as it is today ? I know I wouldn't and I love the sport ,Just look at the headlines we generated in the last 2 months , we are a financial mess ,

There are sponsors out there if they bother to look.

I use to spend a lot of time in the winter going from business to business looking for sponsors,it's a lot easier now through using the Internet.

You look at the price for a couple to watch 15 races dragged out and what else they could do for the same money or cheaper.

Speedway is far too expensive for a dying sport with no big stars.

• Like 1

Should be a tenner for adults, 5 quid for oaps and 3 quid children

Not sure that any team would survive on those figures, that said its interesting to see that in Poland Unia Leszno season tickets are priced at £35 for the cheapest available, thats £5 per meeting.

Should be a tenner for adults, 5 quid for oaps and 3 quid children

Which other sports are ten pound sports ? I watch non league football 3 divisions below league football and that's eleven quid

Which other sports are ten pound sports ? I watch non league football 3 divisions below league football and that's eleven quid

A day's motor sport at 3 Sisters for £6 is pretty good value.

Cars, bikes, karts - take your pick.

:t: