British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
awilson1908

Plrc / Clrc Or Whatever

its called this coming season. Did i read somewhere its going to be in Glasgow? Anyone any idea of dates etc?

Be sometime in September I would imagine , and yes you read correctly

Yes the powers that be have taken it away from a venue central to the nation and put it as far north as they could Hope you get a good turn out for the contest!

As far as I'm aware, Scunthorpe, Sheffield and Glasgow put themselves forward to host the competition. It's was then voted on by all championship clubs, Scunthorpe received one vote and it was quite close between the other two with Glasgow just coming out on top.

Yes the powers that be have taken it away from a venue central to the nation and put it as far north as they could Hope you get a good turn out for the contest!

I'm sure we will

Turn out will be more than adequate but your concern is touching.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the Riders Championship being at Glasgow this year. On a selfish note, it's closer for me than Sheffield. The Glasgow PR people do an excellent job promoting the club, you only have to look at social media and the national newspapers up here to understand that. I'm sure they will go into overdrive for this one. Plus you start to see teams being filled up now and there are some damn good riders in this league. Craig Cook, Sam Masters (if he re-signs for Edinburgh), Richard Lawson, Lewis Bridger, Robert Lambert, Danny King, Jason Garrity, Josh Grajczonek, the Worralls, it will be a cranking line up.

I haven't been to Ashfield since the improvements got carried out. hoping to get at least once next season. Seen it on TV and the racing looks great. If the event was to get moved from Sheffield, it makes sense to move it here.

It's good for Glasgow to get this meeting,the only criticism I have of the Stadium is the viewing on the back straight, the layout ot the terracing makes very restricted viewing at some parts.If there is a large crowd it might be a concern.Imo

• Like 1

Shame Belle Vue in a mess. Would have been a great venue .

• Like 1

I'll miss the New Barrack Tavern next year, but not the four hour drive home next day feeling worse for wear, haha. Last train home for me then.....maybe :party::drink:

To be fair I think that the time is right for the PLRC to change venue.

Personally I am not fan of individual meetings and the last couple of years I have seriously thought about not going to the meeting, but because it is at my home track and the fact that I have had friends coming down and gives me a chance to meet up with them and have a beer or two.

Will I got to Glasgow, probably not, but you never know I might just have a change of heart, and experience a bit of the Scottish hospitality.

But I definitely think that the Scottish fans and thos efrom the far North deserve a chance to have a venue for the event closer to home.

• Like 1

I've been to a couple of Plrc lately and wouldn't have gone next year at Sheffield as the two I went to were rubbish, went to Glasgow last year and loved it so will be at the clrc next year

• Like 1