British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

No Scot Nichols, Chris Harris, Stefan Nielsen Or Ashley Morris

With only 12 team places left & Bewley, Masters, Wells & Clegg likely to fill four, it would be a shame to lose Stefan & Ashley.

I guess the much-hyped doubling down of Nicholls & Harris didn't happen because of their slightly high averages, wage demands or overseas commitments, but surely they would have been box office for some clubs?

• Like 2

With only 12 team places left & Bewley, Masters, Wells & Clegg likely to fill four, it would be a shame to lose Stefan & Ashley.

I guess the much-hyped doubling down of Nicholls & Harris didn't happen because of their slightly high averages, wage demands or overseas commitments, but surely they would have been box office for some clubs?

Has Stefan not retired.?

Has Joe Jacobs signed for anyone?

Thanks,think I am mixing him up with the other Neilsen!

Simon

Thats the one,did he not announce his retirement?

He did and got married I think.

Can add James Sarjaent , Leigh Lanham and Danny Ayres too....

At least Sarj has a Coventry team place. I think Ayres is injured.

P.S. Yes, sorry I missed Ashley at Newcastle. Good for him.

Also, look at the amount of riders who appear on the 2016 season final green sheet averages who aren't yet officially named in any Championship side. As DC2 states, there are 12 places left to fill, however there are still around 60 riders who rode in the Premier League in 2016 available.

• Like 1

At least most of those Brits have Premiership places & with two Brits still required by KL, BV & Leicester, there's still hope for Jacobs, Nielsen & Morley.

I thought the pl and cl didn't join together because of lack of riders but it looks like there's plenty spare, wouldn't that have been better than having 2 divisions with promotion ,relegation and the farce of one rider riding for both the teams in the play off. Eg Danny King maybe

• Like 4