British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Are We Seeing The Beginning Of The Demise Of The Labour Party

26 minutes ago, Vince said:

Yet again the sort of nonsense spouted by politicians to ensure that people feel unheard.

When is it ever going to occur to you that the vast majority of Brexit voters have never been near anything alt-right?

It won't, the European Aussie wears bigger blinkers than a race horse ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vince said:

Yet again the sort of nonsense spouted by politicians to ensure that people feel unheard.

When is it ever going to occur to you that the vast majority of Brexit voters have never been near anything alt-right?

I didn’t know what alt right meant, having never come across it apart from Humps posts, so I googled it just now :-

“ Right wing white nationalist movement originating in the United States” 

And there are so many people in this country of that persuasion bamboozled by those websites its enough to put the Brexit part top of the polls ? Really? 

Give us a break Hump. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

I didn’t know what alt right meant, having never come across it apart from Humps posts, so I googled it just now :-

“ Right wing white nationalist movement originating in the United States” 

And there are so many people in this country of that persuasion bamboozled by those websites its enough to put the Brexit part top of the polls ? Really? 

Give us a break Hump. 

Everything is a conspiracy if HA disagrees with it. He even mentions the Bilderbergers and alludes its a conspiracy , probably unaware that they meet up every year and details of convos within it are kept secret apart from a few leaked snippets. He's probably unaware of the Charlamagne prize as well...… :D

Edited by Phlipphlopp

12 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

He even mentions the Bilderbergers and alludes its a conspiracy , probably unaware that they meet up every year and details of convos within it are kept secret apart from a few leaked snippets. He's probably unaware of the Charlamagne prize as well...… :D

Do you tell the world every time you go huntin' shootin' and fishin' with the country set, or am I supposed to publish minutes when I meet my mates down the pub (even if allegedly I don't have any :rolleyes:)? 

Business and government leaders meet all the time to discuss particular subjects or problems which aren't of great if any interest to the general public. That's how the world actually works in real life, but it hardly means they're planning some giant conspiracy.

On the one hand the Brexiteers claim the EU countries can't agree on anything, then on the other expect us to believe that they're all involved in some X-files type plot to create an alien-hybrid species. :D  The fact that you buy into this nonsense just proves my point. 

No idea what the Charlamagne prize is. There is a Charlemagne Prize though... :D

15 hours ago, E I Addio said:

I do actually think Farage gets unfair criticism from you and others on here, who judge him without listening to him. As a radio presenter, as opposed to a politician he really gets some good constructive and informative interviews, and it’s a pity some are so blinkered at the mere mention of his name. Because I like him it doesn’t mean I support him but I have learned a lot from him. I think it’s a pity one or two others are so narrow minded.

I don't really care if you do think I give Farage unfair criticism. I consider him to be deceitful hypocrite who's never been elected to Parliament yet gets disproportionate airtime to spout his divisive nonsense. I consider him partly responsible for the increase in racist abuse and attacks on immigrants, yet when there's even the slightest threat to his safety then you can't see him for dust. He also complains about the EU whilst being happy to draw a salary as MEP despite hardly bothering to turn up, and even has the gall to complain about European Fisheries Policy whilst virtually never turning up to the committee he's on.

Funny how you're so open minded about Farage, yet don't seem to bother to actually investigate any of the realities behind his claims which quickly expose the majority of his nonsense. He's been called out time-and-time again, but of course his fanbois are all oblivious to that.

4 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Funny how you're so open minded about Farage, yet don't seem to bother to actually investigate any of the realities behind his claims which quickly expose the majority of his nonsense. He's been called out time-and-time again, but of course his fanbois are all oblivious to that.

I have said enough times, I rate him as a radio presenter and as a commentator, more than as a politician.

Why should I investigate his claims when I take them with the same pinch of salt as I take most of the other claims.  The fact is that Farage is a still a long way from having the political power to implement any of his policies, and as May and Corbyn are finding out the hard way these things are easier said than done. 

However , what you do get from Farage is an opinion, a point of view, rightly or wrongly. What do you get from May , or Corbyn? What are their opinions on anything , apart from whatever suits the  mood of the moment? These are the ones in power that have created this mess, along with a few others and like the Sorcerers Apprentice can’t control it. 

Farage, vociferous though he may be is just a voice on the periphery. It is the ones with their hands on the levers of power you should be concerned about, they are the ones who are , or rather should be, making the important decisions, not Farage. 

Farage is only where he is because of the general failure of the mainstream parties, the ones who are behaving like headless chickens. They are the ones that are at whose door the problem lies. Farage would be history if the mainstream parties got their acts together, 

• Like 3

Farage is a character that a lot of people like. He has the courage of his convictions and a clear message.

Contrast that with the confusion from Corbyn and May and the reptilian credentials of the likely candidates to replace them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Farage is a character that a lot of people like. He has the courage of his convictions and a clear message.

Contrast that with the confusion from Corbyn and May and the reptilian credentials of the likely candidates to replace them.

Who seem to have their hands over their ears whilst singing "la la la,  not listening"

• Like 4

On 5/9/2019 at 2:31 PM, E I Addio said:

I have said enough times, I rate him as a radio presenter and as a commentator, more than as a politician.

Why should I investigate his claims when I take them with the same pinch of salt as I take most of the other claims.  The fact is that Farage is a still a long way from having the political power to implement any of his policies, and as May and Corbyn are finding out the hard way these things are easier said than done. 

However , what you do get from Farage is an opinion, a point of view, rightly or wrongly. What do you get from May , or Corbyn? What are their opinions on anything , apart from whatever suits the  mood of the moment? These are the ones in power that have created this mess, along with a few others and like the Sorcerers Apprentice can’t control it. 

Farage, vociferous though he may be is just a voice on the periphery. It is the ones with their hands on the levers of power you should be concerned about, they are the ones who are , or rather should be, making the important decisions, not Farage. 

Farage is only where he is because of the general failure of the mainstream parties, the ones who are behaving like headless chickens. They are the ones that are at whose door the problem lies. Farage would be history if the mainstream parties got their acts together, 

This :t:

Now that they have bought the "youv" vote they stand half a chance of coming second in the next General Election. Shrewd economics or more spendthrift Marxism?

Edited by waytogo28
correction ( spelling of shrewd as lewd )

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, DC2 said:

What does it mean in hard numbers though ? Just like we have had at least one person on here say 'Tommy Robinson has thousands of followers'. Maybe he has, but that still places him in the small minority corner of politics, because to have power you need more than 'thousands of followers' unless you are running for a local council election

We will see how popular he is, but up until now he has remained on the fringes of politics and his only hope was the European elections and might remain so

44 minutes ago, iris123 said:

What does it mean in hard numbers though ? Just like we have had at least one person on here say 'Tommy Robinson has thousands of followers'. Maybe he has, but that still places him in the small minority corner of politics, because to have power you need more than 'thousands of followers' unless you are running for a local council election

We will see how popular he is, but up until now he has remained on the fringes of politics and his only hope was the European elections and might remain so

You see him as on the fringes but he was instrumental in getting the referendum and in winning it, beating the elected Prime Minister!

On 8 May 2019 at 4:22 PM, DC2 said:

I think you’re very wrong there. 

I bet lots of middle England, rather than ultra-right, will vote for the Brexit Party, simply to make the point to career politicians that it’s the electorate that matters, not them.

Spot on.....

Whether you agree with Farage's views or not, one thing you cannot fail to agree on is that he shows leadership...

Something so clearly conspicuous by its absence from May and Corbyn..

Political pygmies both...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Spot on.....

Whether you agree with Farage's views or not, one thing you cannot fail to agree on is that he shows leadership...

Something so clearly conspicuous by its absence from May and Corbyn..

Political pygmies both...

Why does he show leadership?  He jumped ship after the referendum and pretty much disappeared. If anything even though I am far from a conservative, I have to say May has shown she can stick it through tough times, not just when the going is good 

• Haha 1

According to Andrew Neil the Brexit Party launch their European Election Manefesto after the Elections ????

Edited by Seymour Dix