Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Are We Seeing The Beginning Of The Demise Of The Labour Party

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Do we really have to once again explain the inequitable Westminster electoral system which allows a minority vote to be inflated into a vast majority, and gives a party gaining more than a million votes less representation than before? :rolleyes:

And do we have to explain once again that this is the system that has never been rescinded by a Parliament, since it's inception.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And do we have to explain once again that this is the system that has never been rescinded by a Parliament, since it's inception.

It's inception since when? The Westminster electoral system has changed many times.

Of course, the problem is that it's not in the interests of the parties with pluralities to give up Parliamentary majorities. Just as it was once difficult to get rid of rotten boroughs, even after they'd disappeared into the sea... 

 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It's inception since when? The Westminster electoral system has changed many times.

Of course, the problem is that it's not in the interests of the parties with pluralities to give up Parliamentary majorities.

 

I can't give you an actual date of the current system's inception, but that is immaterial as it is the current system, and has not been rescinded!

 As for it being "a problem", that is only in your opinion and not mine, and neither opinion is more valid than the other!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I can't give you an actual date of the current system's inception, but that is immaterial as it is the current system, and has not been rescinded!

 As for it being "a problem", that is only in your opinion and not mine, and neither opinion is more valid than the other!

THAT'S a matter of opinion:neutral:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Do we really have to once again explain the inequitable Westminster electoral system which allows a minority vote to be inflated into a vast majority, and gives a party gaining more than a million votes less representation than before? :rolleyes:

And a party gaining 5 million votes zero seats.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Do we really have to once again explain the inequitable Westminster electoral system which allows a minority vote to be inflated into a vast majority, and gives a party gaining more than a million votes less representation than before? :rolleyes:

No, we just have to eventually accept that even when the result isn't what we want it is the outcome of the system in place at the time and therefore has to be accepted.

Anything else would be no more than sour grapes!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is there something wrong with our political system when we have Angela Rayner as an MP and even a high profile one 

In New Zealand Labour have just had a landslide victory in a recently election. It has now in percentage terms more oddball winners such as gays, lesbians and trannys than any other country in the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

Is there something wrong with our political system when we have Angela Rayner as an MP and even a high profile one 

In New Zealand Labour have just had a landslide victory in a recently election. It has now in percentage terms more oddball winners such as gays, lesbians and trannys than any other country in the world. 

Not quite sure what your second paragraph is about tbh, but Angela Rayner well classy or what

 

https://news.sky.com/story/conservative-mp-accuses-labour-deputy-leader-angela-rayner-of-calling-him-scum-12110290

Share this post


Link to post

 

Edited by Badge

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, rusky said:

Labour really not having a good day today.....

 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13048307/labour-mp-housing-fraud-flat/

 

funny that the sun can find something fraudulent in the affairs of a labour mp but can be so blind to the leader of the country, his close friends, ex-lovers. If they're dishing labour dirt then it's well worth looking for what Tory misdemeanours it is designed to hide

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I get it that the Lefties won’t find anything good among the Tories, and I get it that those on the right of the Tory party are unlikely to give much credit to Labour for anything, but if you take politics out of the equation Corbyn must still rate as by far the most useless article to lead a major political party.

The picture of him says it all. The mask over his mouth ,not his nose , neither one thing nor the the other. That’s Corbyn all over. Acknowledging anti semitism is wrong but unable to take a stand against it. Advocating social justice but unable to work out where the money is coming from to pay for it. Hobnobbing with terrorists but unable to make the slightest movement to peace, booted out of the leadership and now suspended from the party but unable to comprehend why and up to a few days ago still proclaiming the press were against him because they were scared of his policies, unable to grasp that a drunken mob at Glastonbury screaming “ Wow Jeremy Corbyn” are  not representative of the electorate at large.

Well done to Keir Starmer for showing more decisiveness in suspending him than Corbyn showed in his whole career ( which never included a proper job). The terrorist lover is a total disgrace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

funny that the sun can find something fraudulent in the affairs of a labour mp but can be so blind to the leader of the country, his close friends, ex-lovers. If they're dishing labour dirt then it's well worth looking for what Tory misdemeanours it is designed to hide

Not just the Sun George, it’s reported in many media streams. Another example of those in power (of any political persuasion) who believe they are superior and more worthy than us mere mortals. Worth noting that these alleged frauds were committed before she became an MP, but if true would make her not fit to be an MP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy