British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Are We Seeing The Beginning Of The Demise Of The Labour Party

On 10/31/2020 at 8:47 AM, steve roberts said:

Three good reasons why, as normally a Labour voter, I never voted for them at the last two Elections.

I suppose another reason would be Emily Thornberry. Almost a year ago she said she had instructed her solicitors to issue a writ for libel against Caroline Flint for claiming Thornberry had called her voters stupid .  Caroline stuck to her guns and almost a year later still nothing more heard about it. So another empty threat from the fat old windbag Thornberry, who has form for sneering at working class voters. It seems she still can’t grasp the fact that everyone likes Caroline, and nobody likes her. Making stupid public statements about issuing a writ then not doing it is one of the reasons why.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

I suppose another reason would be Emily Thornberry. Almost a year ago she said she had instructed her solicitors to issue a writ for libel against Caroline Flint for claiming Thornberry had called her voters stupid .  Caroline stuck to her guns and almost a year later still nothing more heard about it. So another empty threat from the fat old windbag Thornberry, who has form for sneering at working class voters. It seems she still can’t grasp the fact that everyone likes Caroline, and nobody likes her. Making stupid public statements about issuing a writ then not doing it is one of the reasons why.

Leave Lady Nugee alone! Whilst her & her like are in the Labour party they are unelectable.

• Like 2

Cummings has gone as of today.. 

Draining and swamp spring to mind. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Cummings has gone as of today.. 

Draining and swamp spring to mind. 

Wrong party surely :blink: :unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, Badge said:

Wrong party surely :blink: :unsure:

Fair point.. 

But with Labour ahead in the polls together with the Tories internal squabbling, perhaps the Corbyn free Labour party are more of a threat than previously thought. 

Having said that, the next GE is 4 years away.. 

After very publicly leaving No 10 via the front door carrying a cardboard box, Ben Kentish LBC now reporting that Cummings will continue to work with Govt until mid December.. 

Perhaps they should make their minds up.. 

1 hour ago, YerRopes said:

Fair point.. 

But with Labour ahead in the polls together with the Tories internal squabbling, perhaps the Corbyn free Labour party are more of a threat than previously thought. 

Having said that, the next GE is 4 years away.. 

Sorry to break bad news to you, but Labour has tanked and the Tories are on 40 and Labour on 36. Sorry. :approve:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Sorry to break bad news to you, but Labour has tanked and the Tories are on 40 and Labour on 36. Sorry. :approve:

Am still listening to LBC and Andrew Pierce, a Tory, has just stated that Labour are ahead in the polls.. 

2 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Am still listening to LBC and Andrew Pierce, a Tory, has just stated that Labour are ahead in the polls.. 

Not according to a notification from SKY News this afternoon.

49 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

After very publicly leaving No 10 via the front door carrying a cardboard box, Ben Kentish LBC now reporting that Cummings will continue to work with Govt until mid December.. 

That's asking a lot of this bunch, most of them have lost their minds...

52 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

No doubt it's in the context of tending his garden on behalf of the government.

There's obviously been a party backlash against BoJo's nonsense over the past year and he was told to get shot of his advisors or it'll be him that goes. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Probably not that important atm as the election is so far away.. 

However, the Tories do need sort themselves out.

With Covid, Brexit imminent, we need a strong united Govt to make the best of a very difficult situation. 

Don't think we've got that.. 

1 minute ago, YerRopes said:

Probably not that important atm as the election is so far away.. 

However, the Tories do need sort themselves out.

With Covid, Brexit imminent, we need a strong united Govt to make the best of a very difficult situation. 

Don't think we've got that.. 

I would agree we need that, but I think the present incumbents  are way ahead of it's opposition. If you think todays things are bad, just imagine how much worse it would have been if Labour had got in. They would still be trying to elect a new Leader, whilst bodies would be in the streets. 

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

POLLS ...don't you just luv 'em

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I would agree we need that, but I think the present incumbents  are way ahead of it's opposition. If you think todays things are bad, just imagine how much worse it would have been if Labour had got in. They would still be trying to elect a new Leader, whilst bodies would be in the streets. 

Do youreally believe this rubbish, what bodies would there be in the streets, this comes straight out of the Dominic Cummins and Going, and Boris the Prime Minister Impersonators book of scare tactics

no one knows what would have happened if Labour had got in, but i cant see it being and worse than it is now

• Like 1