British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Unsung Heroes.!

Stewart McDonald for Wolves in 1996. Seemed a signing who would only last until the averages dropped, yet was a key man in our double winning season.

• Like 1

When I saw the headline, I immediately thought of two fathers and sons at Brandon as unsung heroes - but on reading the first post found that it referred to riders

I was going to nominate Graham Snooks (been there for years) and Gary Snooks (hopefully restored to good health), and Drs Harry and Peter Kenyon (ask Barry and Tony Briggs about Peter!)

Great servants to the sport

When I saw the headline, I immediately thought of two fathers and sons at Brandon as unsung heroes - but on reading the first post found that it referred to riders

I was going to nominate Graham Snooks (been there for years) and Gary Snooks (hopefully restored to good health), and Drs Harry and Peter Kenyon (ask Barry and Tony Briggs about Peter!)

Great servants to the sport

Peter Kenyon was track Doctor?

More re Ronnie Rolfe. Courtesy of Matt Jackson-here are the Prov. League averages for Ronnie: 1960 (CH) meetings 19:CMA 6.32 . 1961(CH/Sheff) meetings 24: CMA 6.60.

1962 (Sheffield) meetings 20 : CMA 5.87.1963 (Hackney) meetings 10: CMA 3.75. Think these are not just PL League Meetings but include e.g. KO Cup and perhaps the regional leagues which were usually held at the start of the season e.g. Northern League. These comprised the PL teams from that region and occurred before the regular PL season got underway. Hope this helps.

I also posted this in the "Names from the Sixties thread'-however thought it fit here as well as Ronnie may indeed fit the category of unsung heroes.

Forwarded item from George Winstanley. He writes, "A feature about my dad Jack Winstanley in this month's local paper." :)

21949786_1656904461026244_13425448760446
Edited by Guest