British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Guess The Track

Simple EP

Well done Argos!

I shall let Reverend Flowers have your contact details so he can hook up with you.

By the way, I'm loving the new catalogue.

:t:

So the answer was Thornton Road, Ellesmere Port, once the home of the mighty Gunners.

:rofl:

And in the unlikely event, that anyone is slightly interested, here is a picture that I took some 15 months earlier when some bloke was spending a small fortune doing the place up for doggy racing.

When that bright idea hit the buffers, the local diy brigade moved in, had it away with the fixtures and fittings and trashed everything else.

I shall pop over in the next few weeks and see if the demolition has taken place.

STA41571.v01_zps7tqapjm5.jpg

:(

Thats about 5 miles from where I live.

Didnt realise it was so bad.

Gary O'Hare posted a video on his FB a couple of weeks ago & it looks like it's been totally razed now

It's been demolished.

Well, that is very sad indeed.

I wonder when they will start building the breeze block excuses for houses on the site?

:sad:

Thought i was looking at Brandon stadium ;)

I'm glad I drove and had a look round from the outside a couple of years ago whilst working on Merseyside to see it whilst it was still standing; although I never saw a meet there unfortunately.

I'm glad I drove and had a look round from the outside a couple of years ago whilst working on Merseyside to see it whilst it was still standing; although I never saw a meet there unfortunately.

And you thought Stoke was bad!

:rofl:

They closed pretty soon after I began to watch speedway in 1985. I think they won the NL that year