British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
balderdash&piffle

Championship Teams Comparison Time

Must admit there is some great teams, and more equal than I have seen before. There was always 2 or 3 who didn't try to get the best team for their own reasons but this year, i think practically every team has made the effort, and the result will be some exciting meetings and close racing. It will be interesting to compare the fortunes of the top heavy side against the stronger reserves side scenarios. Hope injuries don't decide anything but give us a close run league with many teams still in it for the playoffs.

Not disappointed the Championship is down to 10 teams especially as, for the good of speedway, a couple of sides have went up to bolster up the Premiers League.

All in all, i think we are in for a cracking season, and I hope it brings back some old and new fans to see it. The averages and match formats have been cleaned up, and things are very much more stable for future developments.

Bring it on.

• Like 8

I will wait too see the Edinburgh team completed before i decide wether I put them 9th or 10th

• Like 3

Majority of people will have that same top 3.

I agree that Workington look shocking. When they come to Ipswich they will struggle to get 35 i reckon. Last year Roynon , Campton and Williamson managed 4 points between them and only beat their team mates and were miles behind. Jorgensen looked ok and Cook will score loads but is the weakest Workington team ive seen i think which is a shame as good bunch of fans

We've been touted as one of the top teams pre-season for the last 2/3 years, that's never gone to plan has it. Maybe underdog or dark horse status may do the trick :D

I think quite a few of our riders will improve on their average next year, with Ty Proctor surprising a lot of people.

• Like 1

We've been touted as one of the top teams pre-season for the last 2/3 years, that's never gone to plan has it. Maybe underdog or dark horse status may do the trick :D

I think quite a few of our riders will improve on their average next year, with Ty Proctor surprising a lot of people.

I certainly think they are better than some might suggest.

Cook can beat anyone, anywhere, Proctor can put a couple of points on his average and Williamson is one of the stronger reserves.

Sheffield for me.

• Like 2

I think i will wait to see what happens on the track, then we will see who has the best team.

stand out teams Ipswich and Sheffield, now Peterborough are complete think they'll be very competitive, i really don't understand why everyone sees glasgow as an amazing line up! the same top 3 as last year and yes the strongest top 3 in the league but then a very long tail! lunna was a supposed trump card last year riding in their main team body and didn't progress that far, to me perry and smith are both good riders with potential but not a vast difference to ayres and garcia, so for them to go one further than last year and be the best team in the league this means young dan bewley has got to outscore rene bach and ben barker from this year in only his second full season in the premier league! he's a great prospect and I'm sure he's on the road to being a top rider in the next few years, but is he going to double his starting average in only his second season at this level and first in main team body???? i can't see it!

• Like 1

This is very subjective?

Did you really just put on a forum this is subjective. It's a forum it is pretty much the definition of subjective. Hahahha. Just that comment made me laugh, because yes it's true but well its a forum.

Peterborough look a very good team, strong reserve which will make a big difference. And a Number 1 who has the most scope to improve IMO.

• Like 1

Easy way to do this is rate every rider 1 to 10 for each position and team with the lowest number has the best chance of winning. This is just my attempt and not a bad way of doing this. So best number 1 is Cook and he gets rating of 1 for example.

Made me laugh out loud this post.. Best one i've read for ages! starting with 'Easy way.....' chuckle

Guest Scunny2012

In an ideal world there should be no favourites as all 10 teams are made up the same with a combined average of the ridiculous low figure of 40

Edited by Scunny2012

In an ideal world there should be no favourites as all 10 teams are made up the same with a combined average of the ridiculous low figure of 40

I will go with that theory,and Berwick will be top of the League.(Alphabetical order)
  • Like 1

If you sign seven riders on their way down the averages, they wont do as well as seven on their way up the averages, that's why the wealthier set-ups end up at or near the top.

It's a tough looking league and a lot of strong teams.

I like the way Peterborough are setting up. Ipswich and Sheffield look very solid and Redcar and Workington look the dark horses.

It's a tough looking league and a lot of strong teams.

I like the way Peterborough are setting up. Ipswich and Sheffield look very solid and Redcar and Workington look the dark horses.

Im still struggling to see how Workington look good.

But thats my opinion and as ive said nothing against Workington and their great fans but i think the team looks awful

• Like 3