Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
balderdash&piffle

Championship Teams Comparison Time

So King had one good meeting on a shocking track? I dont think he will increase his average nor will he be the top number 1 in the league.

Schlein could increase but several bad injuries will catch up with him.

Covatti wont increase.

Heeps and Newman are perrineal second strings cant see any improvement there

Hume and Mountain will average between 2.50-3 do no great shakes there either

Perhaps you should look for a different sport to follow Phillip?

Speedway definitely isn't for you.

So King had one good meeting on a shocking track? I dont think he will increase his average nor will he be the top number 1 in the league.

Schlein could increase but several bad injuries will catch up with him.

Covatti wont increase.

Heeps and Newman are perrineal second strings cant see any improvement there

Hume and Mountain will average between 2.50-3 do no great shakes there either

Do you watch speedway at all?

King will 100% be in the top 3 of the averages, only Cook was higher last year and im not worried if he doesnt increase his average as 9.50 will be just fine

Yep Schlein is a risk

Covatti didnt improve on a track that doesnt suit, now he has what should be a better track for him.

Heeps is not likely to improve but will probably be the best 5th in the averages rider in the league.

Newman has every chance to kick on as a second string and brings his elite league form.

And your comments on Hume and Mountain are laughable.

Edited by Gavan

Do you watch speedway at all?

King will 100% be in the top 3 of the averages

Yep Schlein is a risk

Covatti didnt improve on a track that doesnt suit, now he has what should be a better track for him.

Heeps is not likely to improve but will probably be the best 5th in the averages rider in the league.

Newman has every chance to kick on as a second string and brings his elite league form.

And your comments on Hume and Mountain are laughable.

I watch more than you by your own comments.

Cook, Lambert, Worrall x2 Graj. will all average more

Thats been said about Covatti and Newman every season and never happened.

Mountain has had a massive injury amd Hume isnt close to Smith, JPB, Bacon etc

Perhaps you should look for a different sport to follow Phillip?

Speedway definitely isn't for you.

Why because i dont rate this Ipswich side that highly

You're either blatantly a troll, or you're absolutely clueless when it comes to Speedway.

Everyone will have an opinion, some will rate Ipswich as favourites, some will rate Sheffield or Glasgow as favourites.

But to suggest that this Ipswich team will be bottom three then like I say you're either completely clueless, or trolling.

You're either blatantly a troll, or you're absolutely clueless when it comes to Speedway.

Everyone will have an opinion, some will rate Ipswich as favourites, some will rate Sheffield or Glasgow as favourites.

But to suggest that this Ipswich team will be bottom three then like I say you're either completely clueless, or trolling.

Cant debate why just resort to calling someone a troll. To suggest Ipswich will be top 3 is laughable your either a troll or a child ill guess at the second

Can't see why phillipsr's comments make him a troll. Ipswich have some really good riders in their 1-5, but they probably don't have much (if any) improvement in them. Schlein is a gamble that could pay huge dividends or blow up in their face. The reserves are decent. I don't think they will be bottom three but they look overrated to me. I hope they do well, but it is perfectly valid to have doubts about them.

• Like 1

Much of what's best been said about Schlein was said about Kerr last year and he was quickly dropped by the witches, I think Covatti, Newman and Heeps have found their level, both the youngsters have age on their side and should improve whilst King is a class act at this level but unlikely to add much if anything at all.

It's not a bad side but the real gamble is Schlein, if he comes good they could shine but if he doesn't the tail could wag a bit.

• Like 3

Can't see why phillipsr's comments make him a troll. Ipswich have some really good riders in their 1-5, but they probably don't have much (if any) improvement in them. Schlein is a gamble that could pay huge dividends or blow up in their face. The reserves are decent. I don't think they will be bottom three but they look overrated to me. I hope they do well, but it is perfectly valid to have doubts about them.

Of course he's trolling!! He has a dislike for Ipswich despite his denials which you probably aren't aware of.

Whether this Ipswich team is rated as favourites or not is irrelevant. Some will rate them as favourites, other like yourself, may not see what the fuss is about and think they're overrated. But one thing this team isn't as it stands, is a bottom 3 team. That's just ridiculous.

He even had Edinburgh higher who at the time had only named three riders.

Much of what's best been said about Schlein was said about Kerr last year and he was quickly dropped by the witches, I think Covatti, Newman and Heeps have found their level, both the youngsters have age on their side and should improve whilst King is a class act at this level but unlikely to add much if anything at all.

It's not a bad side but the real gamble is Schlein, if he comes good they could shine but if he doesn't the tail could wag a bit.

TBF Kerr was a victim of the numbers game as much as anything else. Barker had suddenly become available and Ipswich as a team were underperforming. Something had to be done to try and improve and Kerr was the unlucky one although thankfully he was soon snapped up by Scunthorpe.

With the greatest of respect to Kerr also, he doesn't have the same pedigree as Schlein. Would you have been happy to take him at Peterborough?

Best case scenario is he lives up to his pedigree and pushes King for the number 1 race jacket, worse case scenarios he doesn't look the same rider as previous years but even then IMO a 7 point average looks modest. I honestly don't see a "gamble" of any sort.

Time will tell.

Edited by Catch22
  • Like 1

1. Sheffield
2. Glasgow
3. Newcastle
4. Peterborough
5. Ipswich
6. Edinburgh

7. Redcar
8. Workington
9. Berwick
10. Scunthorpe

The two big wildcards for me are Rory Schlein and Lewis Bridger. Don't know how Schlein will go after his injuries and Berwick will live and die by which Lewis Bridger shows up. If he gives it 100% I think Berwick could move up and challenge for the final play off spot.

Edited by AlanF

Cant debate why just resort to calling someone a troll. To suggest Ipswich will be top 3 is laughable your either a troll or a child ill guess at the second

Your grammatical errors explains everything perfectly.

Why can't the guy have an opinion?...and it's a forum not a CV so who cares about grammar!?...what are you..a headmaster?

• Like 4

Why can't the guy have an opinion?...and it's a forum not a CV so who cares about grammar!?...what are you..a headmaster?

Too many on here resort to this type off thing spelling , grammar etc, it to me is a sign that they have no other form off attack so they resort to this old chestnut.

Sad & pathetic really.

I would say he was forming his opinion which he is entitled too as much as you have yours.

Just because you don't like it or agree with it he is still entitled to it i think he is being generous i would say bottom two but that is my opinion.

amd Hume isnt close to Smith, JPB, Bacon etc

Eh? The averages say otherwise. And unlike those others you mentioned who by the way also look cracking prospects, Hume has only been riding Speedway for two years after switching from trials.

I saw Hume sit on a Speedway bike for the very first time in 2014 at Coventry when he was offered a spin and the progress he's made in such a short space of time is very impressive. He put nearly 4 points on his average for Birmingham this year from the main body of the side, not reserve. I'll have a bet with you that Hume will end next season with a higher average than the other 3 you mentioned.

You're severely underrating this lads potential.

Edited by Windy Miller
  • Like 1

I watch more than you by your own comments.

Cook, Lambert, Worrall x2 Graj. will all average more

Thats been said about Covatti and Newman every season and never happened.

Mountain has had a massive injury amd Hume isnt close to Smith, JPB, Bacon etc

Cook maybe, Lambert doubtful but you expect both Worralls and Grazjoneck to average higher than Danny King??? Have an opinion for sure but have some realism!

Too many on here resort to this type off thing spelling , grammar etc, it to me is a sign that they have no other form off attack so they resort to this old chestnut.

Sad & pathetic really.

I would say he was forming his opinion which he is entitled too as much as you have yours.

Just because you don't like it or agree with it he is still entitled to it i think he is being generous i would say bottom two but that is my opinion.

Don't even know where to start with this one, yours is even worse!!