British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bruno

Sgp 2017 Predictions

Bit early for predicting the order of the 15 yet I suppose so il start off with a controversial post, I'm a big Nicki P fan but looking at the 15 and with Nicki not the rider he was what's the chances of him finishing 15th. Yes you read that correctly, he's definitely not the rider he was and looked down on speed and aggression at times

No chance of 15th if he has a full season without injury. He'll be top 8 if he can get his bikes working properly. His last meeting before his crash was to win the Euro's so he was starting to fly again..

Edited by marky

Bit early for predicting the order of the 15 yet I suppose so il start off with a controversial post, I'm a big Nicki P fan but looking at the 15 and with Nicki not the rider he was what's the chances of him finishing 15th. Yes you read that correctly, he's definitely not the rider he was and looked down on speed and aggression at times

err.... have you not seen the video of the race where he crashed? Pardubice, a big track, 6 riders in the final doing I think it was 6 laps for the Golden Helmet. On lap 1 he was last, by turn 3/4 on the last lap he was in touch with Emil, the leader and winner. And when I say "he was in touch", that was the cause of the crash. He was well in touch with the leader and who knows could have sneaked a win. He was coming back to form well and truly.

So, no, I cant agree with you when you put him 15th. Though he may not win the WC next year I would expect him to be anywhere between 5th and 9th.

• Like 1

Hope so I'm a big fan of Nicki's, it'll be a sad day when he's out the gps. Sick of the matey feel with the monster love in. It was a tongue in cheek comment about ending up 15th to get some reactions but no one seems to interested. Bit early for gp talk I suppose

I hope he's at least 15th lol

Hope also that NKI is top 3, he must make a good start .....

Tai

Doyle

Holder

Emil

Zmarszlik

Niels

Pawlicki

Hancock

Nicki

Lindback

Dudek

Zagar

Lindgren

Janowski

Vaculik

Absolutely pot luck, definitely the most level field ever.

Edited by Panthers89

It will be hard for all the riders. This must be the toughest 15 names we have seen, there are no weak links, so I am expecting a few surprise big names finishing outside the top 8. It could be the most competitive title chase we've seen too. I fear the racing could be more cut throat than ever so I hope the riders all have injury free seasons.

Arguably this 15 could not be improved upon so the 2017 GP challenge will unfortunately dilute the quality for 2018. We might get Bjerre back for 2018 :lol:

Well there's one Brit. And if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't watch it. Having said that, I could well imagine Zmarszlik being top or very near to it. Although it's a very strong line-up, I think a number of them are probably beyond their peak now.

This was my thoughts with Nicki, he's not going to be 15th but it could be a tough year for him

Weirdly enough, I wouldn't rule out anyone finishing 15th with this line-up.

April can't come quickly enough! :D

• Like 1

I didn't sign up to BT sport this year because of cost,big mistake. Just phoned sky and got £10 off my sky sports package for 9 months so that should go some way to covering BT sports from next April. Let's hope they have some deal on

Probably one of Doyle, Woffinden, Hancock, Sayfutdinov or Zmarzlik to win it with Holder and Dudek dark horses.

Anyone else would be a suprise.

This was my thoughts with Nicki, he's not going to be 15th but it could be a tough year for him

It will be a tough year for everyone. But his last meeting was to win the Euro's. Injury doesn't seem to affect his riding so I hope he comes back to top form. I also hope Monster don't play team tactics with there riders for team gain

Probably one of Doyle, Woffinden, Hancock, Sayfutdinov or Zmarzlik to win it with Holder and Dudek dark horses.

Anyone else would be a surprise.

On 2016 results you've played pretty safe with those selections.

Anyone else would be a suprise.

Hard to disagree with tgat:

I'll hopefully a top 3 of tai greg and emil.

Doyle zmarzlick dudek and holder capable of top 3 or better.

Puk pedersen pawlicki janowski capable of a top 3 spot.

Zagar Lindgren lindback vaculik all capabe of finishing top 8.

If I had to make a call at this stage I'd go a top 10 in order of:

Tai greg emil zmarzlik dudek Doyle holder pedersen pawlicki puk.

But it's going to be a fascinating series

Well there's one Brit. And if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't watch it. Having said that, I could well imagine Zmarszlik being top or very near to it. Although it's a very strong line-up, I think a number of them are probably beyond their peak now.

Tbh only pedersen would I describe as beyond his peak. Maybe puk?

Can't think of any of the others you could describe as past their peak?

PUK won the Torun GP and was a semi finalist in Australia. How can he be beyond his peak ?

Edited by marky