British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bruno

Sgp 2017 Predictions

I did quantify it with a ?

But pre his injury in 2014 he was reigning world number 3, and was certainly one of the top 3 riders in the world across all competitions. Since then he's more been a top 8-10 type rider than a rider looking likely to be a world champion.

My point was that it's hard to identify riders who are past their peak in next year's line up.

Guest GiveusaB

Great line-up !!!

1. Woffy 2. Hancock 3.Zmarzlik

My dark horse/outsider = Holder, especially now he's probably not racing in the UK.

I'll probably be eating my words come late October but I don't see Tai and Greg finishing in the top 2.

• Like 1

I've got a feeling Pawlicki could be a dark horse next year. Massively improved from Cardiff onwards and if he can cut out the silly falls and tape exclusions then he might be a shock rostrum contender. I will certainly be backing him if the price represents some value.

• Like 2

I think Doyle might be a bit uncertain. It will depend on how well he recovers from his injure.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

I think Doyle might be a bit uncertain. It will depend on how well he recovers from his injure.

As for Doyle? yes he's brilliant when on form, but imo he doesnt know when to settle for 2nd place and puts himself at risk on too many occasions ?

Great for us spectators.....but a slight detriment to his overall standings etc

As for Doyle? yes he's brilliant when on form, but imo he doesnt know when to settle for 2nd place and puts himself at risk on too many occasions ?

Great for us spectators.....but a slight detriment to his overall standings etc

Tbf I thought that was a big issue in 2015, not so much last year. Can't think of many if any occasions in 16 when he threw away points.
  • Like 2

Tbf I thought that was a big issue in 2015, not so much last year. Can't think of many if any occasions in 16 when he threw away points.

Agree with that. he was foolish and caused crashes in 2015 but he was in very good form 2016. Bar bad luck at Torun he would have been the Champ

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Yes, may be in the G.P's , but he had a rush of blood in the WTC Final and got himself foolishly excluded ?

Imo, it's going to take a year or two more for him to fully mature to this level. (just my thoughts)

I think he's great to watch and would love to see justice this year and see him crowned champion ! (even if he doesn't like us Brits) :t:

Should be the best season yet, Zmarzlik is very good but he will not be top pole Dudek will come in and take that crown. Both of them will be fighting for top 3 or even better

Cant see beyond Tai or Zmarzlik this season, think Dudek will need a year to settle.

1. ZMARZLIK

2. WOFFINDEN

3. DOYLE

4. SAYFUTDINOV

5. HANCOCK

6. PAWLICKI

7. DUDEK

8. IVERSEN

9. HOLDER

10. PEDERSEN

11. ZAGAR

12. LINDBACK

13. LINDGREN

14. JANOWSKI

15. VACULIK

But for me the good news about this series is its the most wide open for years and there will be hundreds of differing opinions as to who will be top 8

• Like 1

I really think any of the 15 could be top 8, top 3 between Woffy,Holder,Doyle and Zmarzlik

Cant see beyond Tai or Zmarzlik this season, think Dudek will need a year to settle.

1. ZMARZLIK

2. WOFFINDEN

3. DOYLE

4. SAYFUTDINOV

5. HANCOCK

6. PAWLICKI

7. DUDEK

8. IVERSEN

9. HOLDER

10. PEDERSEN

11. ZAGAR

12. LINDBACK

13. LINDGREN

14. JANOWSKI

15. VACULIK

But for me the good news about this series is its the most wide open for years and there will be hundreds of differing opinions as to who will be top 8

This proves the strentgh this year to me look at thst bottom 7 you could make a perfectly valid argument why everyone will be top 8.. i think Tai might drop down a little this year maybe around 5th/6th.

Emil, Doyle and Pawlicki top 3.

See i dont think Pawlicki will be top 8 which again highlights the strength as i can see why you put him top 3