British Speedway Forum
SCB

Fao The Big Cry Babies

I hope I don't fall into this catorgory , I am opinionated in what I believe to be right but I feel I'm fair to other people's ideas and I'm not one to say oh that's rubbish and not at least explain why I feel they are wrong , I have had some abuse on here but I don't really rise to it , I've even had a promotor have a blast at me on here but I didn't bite but one thing I don't get is from time to time we get a good subject and it just descends into 2 or more posters trying to rip shreds of each other , totally pointless

your posts carry more weight than most because a) you've actually raced to a reasonable standard and B) you clearly think things through before posting

that smiley thing is supposed to say b but now it won't go away

Edited by ch958

That appears to be the answer Mad Potter 2. I copied and Posted the two Links that lead on to this thread. They are -

Speedway News and Discussions.

Fao The Big Cry Babies

::::: This is a test using that method. If the items show blue then it is correct:

Grasstrack, Sidecar, Short Track and Cycle Speedway

Europe's Big Indoor Dirt/flat Track Event

Edited by Guest

Even this comment? The first British speedway meeting is regarded as taking place at High Beech, Epping Forest, on Sunday, February 19, 1928.

You really do make it just too easy ...

I now find myself being persuaded by the counter claims for Droylsden.

Edited by Grand Central

At first glance I agreed with everything SCB put in the original post.

And then ... gustix got involved.

And unfortunately, it makes me realise that I am a 5 year old, after all.

There is only one side of ANY argument for me.

It just HAS to be the opposite one to gustix.

Every time.

Even this comment? The first British speedway meeting is regarded as taking place at High Beech, Epping Forest, on Sunday, February 19, 1928.

You really do make it just too easy ...

I now find myself being persuaded by the counter claims for Droylsden.

...but what need is there for a contradiction Grand Central. I did allow for manouverabily in any response. I said regarded - not a postive for the venue at High Beech. Aside from Droylsden, there are some claims fora 1927 at Camberley, Surrey, in which Fay Taylor was one of the starters. But a better place for this debate - which could be lively and interesting - might be

Years Gone By

I assume you are familiar with these two Links -

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/Droylsden.htm

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/High%20Beech.htm

...and if you visit this blog and scroll down you will see a mention of Fay Taylor and the 1927 event at Camberley - described as a dirt track meeting.

http://thevintagent.blogspot.co.uk/2008/06/vintage-dirt-track-racing.html

Edited by Guest

It's the off season , people have no actual live speedway to watch , so they pick holes in other club's team building , or in some cases even their own club's efforts . We'll get this Christmas bollocks over with , then the countdown to March can begin and we'll all get back to normal ......................trolling and abusing opposition riders and fans , that kind of thing :drink:

• Like 1

.........ch958........your posts carry more weight than most because a] you've actually raced to a reasonable standard and b] you clearly think things through before posting

that smiley thing is supposed to say b but now it won't go away.

There you go ~ killed it for you.

You're posting on a discussion forum, the important word being "discussion" if you don't want people disagreeing with you or discussing don't post. People who disagree with you are not trolls. If someone says you are wrong explain why you're right.

Stop behaving like 5 year olds who can only see one side of an argument or discussion.

​Now we have had some afternoon fun! shall we get back on topic as outlined by SCB in regard to Posts on a discussion forum? :icon_smile_clown:

your posts carry more weight than most because a) you've actually raced to a reasonable standard and B) you clearly think things through before posting

that smiley thing is supposed to say b but now it won't go away

There you go ~ killed it for you.

Well 'the smiley thing' is still showing for me! I think all you have done is delete it from the quote but not the original message? :unsure:

Ultimately this is a forum, nothing more, nothing less. It really doesn't matter that much in the general scheme of things, so if people think they are being 'bullied' and 'lives being made a misery' then I would suggest their problems are somewhat deeper than the gold old BSF.

If you get a bit of clog from some of the fine readership on here than give some back to them or ignore them. Simples.

I occasionally have an exchange with everyone's favourite right wing japester Speedibee but I have yet to cry myself to sleep about it. Ultimately the BSF is a decent place to while a way a bit of time and catch up with the Speedway happenings.

I'm an Eastbourne man and our crowd is anywhere between 400-800 i'd guess. There's probably no more than about 20 Eastbourne posters on here so I doubt the Dugards will lose too much sleep if I declare that we should boycott the burger van.

The BSF - A fine place with some fine people but don't take it too seriously.

Ultimately this is a forum, nothing more, nothing less. It really doesn't matter that much in the general scheme of things, so if people think they are being 'bullied' and 'lives being made a misery' then I would suggest their problems are somewhat deeper than the gold old BSF.

If you get a bit of clog from some of the fine readership on here than give some back to them or ignore them. Simples.

I occasionally have an exchange with everyone's favourite right wing japester Speedibee but I have yet to cry myself to sleep about it. Ultimately the BSF is a decent place to while a way a bit of time and catch up with the Speedway happenings.

I'm an Eastbourne man and our crowd is anywhere between 400-800 i'd guess. There's probably no more than about 20 Eastbourne posters on here so I doubt the Dugards will lose too much sleep if I declare that we should boycott the burger van.

The BSF - A fine place with some fine people but don't take it too seriously.

Same as you mate, you will never see me take this place seriously. There are a few good posters, but there are also a fair few clowns and wind up merchants and nasty bits of work on here as well. But you just let it go over your head. I see SCB had to have his little dig in an earlier post, but thats his problem.

Edited by Starman2006

I have to say Starman, you are exceptional at letting things go over your head

Yep, it takes a hell of a lot of will power with some of the clowns on here i can tell you..

I have to say Starman, you are exceptional at letting things go over your head

Yep, it takes a hell of a lot of will power with some of the clowns on here i can tell you..

Point proven within 17 mins!

• Like 8

.......gustix............Well 'the smiley thing' is still showing for me! I think all you have done is delete it from the quote but not the original message? :unsure:

How do you think I can alter the original post made by someone else? :blink:

• Like 2

it's incredible! He never disappoints.

You and bwitcher included then... :icon_smile_clown: s