British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Warsaw Court Ruling On The 2015 Warsaw Gp

The Polish Motor Association must pay back half the price of the ticket and accommodation expenses incurred in connection with the Speedway Grand Prix in Warsaw in 2015 - ruled the District Court in Warsaw, which dealt with the PZMot appeal. The ruling is final – writes sportowefakty.pl

In May this year the Regional Court in Warsaw decided that the Polish Motor Association were responsible for the poor organization of the Speedway Grand Prix in Warsaw in 2015 and ordered return of half the ticket price and the costs incurred for accommodation.

Acording to the legal adviser Mateusz Klejborowski who represented unspecified fan ,the Court had no doubt that the Polish Motor Association entered into agreement with speedway spectators and concluded and that the PZMot failed in part to fulfill its obligations -

The Court concluded that the cause of the interruption, and the contest's end was the bad track condition . It did not matter that the PZMot commissioned the track preparation to a professional company i.e. Ole Olsen. Due to the fact that the competition was interrupted after 12 of the 23 heats, the court found that the fan is entitled to reimbursement of half the ticket value and the costs incurred for accommodation and PZMot as the organizer of this event ought bear these costs.

The Regional Court verdict was appealed by the PZMot

On 7 December the District Court in Warsaw heard the appeal which challenged the unfavorable judgment for for PZMot. It rejected explanations and upheld the original verdict by the Regional Court. This means that the PZMot must return half of the ticket value and the accomodation cost borne by an unspecified speedway fan.

-

Edited by PolskiZuzel
  • Like 1

On 7 December the District Court in Warsaw heard the appeal which challenged the unfavorable judgment for for PZMot. It rejected explanations and upheld the original verdict by the Regional Court. This means that the PZMot must return half of the ticket value and the accomodation cost borne by an unspecified speedway fan.

-

Very good. High time that someone didn't take crap organisation lying down.

Also demonstrates who was responsible for running the GP - not the all ridiculous buck passing that went on.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 1

Apologies if I've missed the point with this but is this a settlement for one person or will it be possible for the rest of us who endured that night to get some money back?

Very good. High time that someone didn't take crap organisation lying down.Also demonstrates who was responsible for running the GP - not the all ridiculous buck passing that went on.

Now the PZM should sue Ole Olsen ....

Olsen would then sue the FIM who in turn would sue the riders who were responsible as ringleaders in getting the meeting called off ;)

Which sounds about right.

I wish them every success in getting the people truly to blame to foot the bill.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

The Polish Motor Association must pay back half the price of the ticket and accommodation expenses incurred in connection with the Speedway Grand Prix in Warsaw in 2015 - ruled the District Court in Warsaw, which dealt with the PZMot appeal. The ruling is final writes sportowefakty.pl

In May this year the Regional Court in Warsaw decided that the Polish Motor Association were responsible for the poor organization of the Speedway Grand Prix in Warsaw in 2015 and ordered return of half the ticket price and the costs incurred for accommodation.

Acording to the legal adviser Mateusz Klejborowski who represented unspecified fan ,the Court had no doubt that the Polish Motor Association entered into agreement with speedway spectators and concluded and that the PZMot failed in part to fulfill its obligations -

The Court concluded that the cause of the interruption, and the contest's end was the bad track condition . It did not matter that the PZMot commissioned the track preparation to a professional company i.e. Ole Olsen. Due to the fact that the competition was interrupted after 12 of the 23 heats, the court found that the fan is entitled to reimbursement of half the ticket value and the costs incurred for accommodation and PZMot as the organizer of this event ought bear these costs.

The Regional Court verdict was appealed by the PZMot

-

is this for everybody who went ? , as I've said before I'm not bothered about getting money back I still had a great time , but if they had to compensate me I drove from England so that would be diesel , ferry , accommodation and tickets , it's a few hundred £s to pay out

Which sounds about right.

I wish them every success in getting the people truly to blame to foot the bill.

Absolutely.Doesn't matter who sues who if at the end those to blame end up paying up.Maybe it will bring and end to passing the buck and thinking they can get away scot free from poor organisation

is this for everybody who went ? , as I've said before I'm not bothered about getting money back I still had a great time , but if they had to compensate me I drove from England so that would be diesel , ferry , accommodation and tickets , it's a few hundred £s to pay out

If they have found in favour of one, it would seem then that anyone else who sues should also get the the same legal result.

For anyone thinking of sueing it might be worth checking if a joint action by many is going to take place and join in with that rather than try to sort something out individually from the UK, unless you know a solicitor in Poland. The legal person who won this case might be the best to use.

Edited by A ORLOV

...Acording to the legal adviser Mateusz Klejborowski who represented unspecified fan ...

Apologies if I've missed the point with this but is this a settlement for one person or will it be possible for the rest of us who endured that night to get some money back?

is this for everybody who went ? ...

If they have found in favour of one, it would seem then that anyone else who sues should also get the the same legal result....

Not sure about the Polish legal system, but putting the press release into a British context, it sounds very much like what we would call a "class action" which sets a precident for everyone in that class (in this case Warsaw GP ticket holders) to benefit from it. The judgment was specific about the scope of compensation, which should be for half the ticket value (probably meaning the original retail price, not any black market prices like some had to resort to) and accommodation. It doesn't say in the press release how many nights of accommodation is covered but that's bound to be in some small print somewhere, maybe one night, maybe two. There's nothing to suggest that travel costs are to be compensated, but again, maybe that little devil is in the detail too?

Sounds like there are going to be a lot of letters going to the PZM now with claims for them to process. The problem will be, if you haven't kept your ticket stub, proving that you are entitled to compensation, and producing the hotel bills from 20-odd months ago. Anyone who's written the whole episode off as a bad experience and who's not kept their paperwork is going to struggle, but those with their tickets and receipts in their hands will have the opportunities to get some Zloties back.

. The judgment was specific about the scope of compensation, which should be for half the ticket value (probably meaning the original retail price, not any black market prices like some had to resort to) and accommodation.

I doubt there is any probably about it.They are hardy going to compensate someone for paying way over the odds on the black market now,are they? :o:P

Olsen would then sue the FIM who in turn would sue the riders who were responsible as ringleaders in getting the meeting called off ;)

Maybe Dave Gordon should sue the riders who got the opening meeting at Belle Vue called off.

If the track is not fit, which was backed up by the F.I.M jury then the riders can carry no blame.

The crux of this matter is Ole Olsen curated a temporary track which was not fit for purpose. Whatever the reasons for this his company is the one at fault. How can Olsen sue anyone, he was simply given a contract to fulfil a task which he failed which was the cause of the abandonment.

Edited by New Science

Maybe Dave Gordon should sue the riders who got the opening meeting at Belle Vue called off.

If the track is not fit, which was backed up by the F.I.M jury then the riders can carry no blame.

The crux of this matter is Ole Olsen curated a temporary track which was not fit for purpose. Whatever the reasons for this his company is the one at fault. How can Olsen sue anyone, he was simply given a contract to fulfil a task which he failed which was the cause of the abandonment.

There were twelve races at Warsaw and most of them were damn good.

Petulant rider-power was the cause of the abandonment; aided and abbeted by lilly-livered officialdom.

The comparision you make with the unrideable 3rd and 4th turns at the NSS is totally fallacious.

Edited by Grand Central

There were twelve races at Warsaw and most of them were damn good.

Petulant rider-power was the cause of the abandonment; aided and abbeted by lilly-livered officialdom.

The comparision you make with the unrideable 3rd and 4th turns at the NSS is totally fallacious.

The abandonment of the Warsaw GP was the biggest wake up call possible for BSI and Ole Olsen. Thankfully the days of rutted up unsafe tracks seem to be a thing of the past, I say fair play to the riders for standing up. Since that day we have seen a dramatic increase in the quality of temporary tracks and the series is far richer for it. A watershed moment

• Like 1

No. The reason why the claim for compensation stands up is that the promoters abandoned the event and offered no alternative date for the meeting to be re-run. In effect they cancelled an event and didn't refund any money for which they had charged customers for. The cause was an unfit track, legally what the riders did was bring this matter to the attention of the officials who agreed that the meeting could no go ahead. Had the official said "the track is fine" and the riders then refused that would have been a different matter as the riders would have broken their contracts...Which they didn't.