British Speedway Forum

Best wishes Bryn

Sad to see Bryn has passed away, RIP Bryn

Bryn really loved speedway. When Hackney merged with Crayford in 1984, I believe that he was instrumental in uniting both sets of fans especially through his Friday night newsletter the “Hackney Kestrel News”. Speedway is much poorer today. Rest In Peace Bryn.

R.I.P. Bryn, spoke to him a few times at Swindon, a very nice person.

How very sad to have found out Bryn had passed away my sincerest condolences to his family and many friends within the sport a very sad loss x

R.I.P. Bryn

I never met Bryn Williams personally but have frequently debated matters with him informs and Social Media - that most times ended in his favour! A great guy and he will be missed by many people.

RIP Bryn Williams.

Edited by Guest

Terribly sad news. Bryn had fought against ill health for years but things had deteriorated a lot in the last year or two especially the last few moths.

For the last three or four years he was unable to make his winter trips to Australia, and for the last couple of months of the season he was unable to climb up to the referees box at Lakeside to fulfill his role as timekeeper/incident recorder. The sad fact is the for Bryn, The Great Enthusiast, life without Speedwáy was no life at all, one can only echo his daughters words that perhaps it was for the best but we shall all miss him terribly. Happily he was, by sheer will power alone able to get himself out of hospital a while ago to walk his daughter down the aisle.

RIP Bryn. Speedwáy has lost one of its best.

• Like 6

Carys Williams Hind with Bryn Williams.

38 mins · London ·

It is with great sadness to tell you all that my dad passed away last night after a period of ill health. As some of you will already know he was in hospital fighting an infection and despite showing some glimmers of recovery over the past few days sadly his condition deteriorated yesterday. Myself and Andy were with him at the end and he slipped away peacefully and without pain. He was very ill and although we are incredibly sad I believe it was for the best. As you all know, he was an incredibly strong willed character with huge reserves of inner strength but I believe this time it was just too much for him to cope with.

I will miss him terribly; we have lost yet another legend this year, a special man, a faithful friend, a devoted speedway fan, and most of all, a wonderful dad.

I will post further details once we have set the necessary processes in action; I would appreciate if you can let people know who are not on Facebook who knew him what has happened.

Rest in peace, Dad 1f614.png

Carys & Andy

Edited by David J Cox

RIP Bryn ,a true through and through speedway man , had many chats with bryn and he must have announced my name a million times as he seemed to be announcer at every southern track at some time or another , I will always remember walking out for my last meeting at the Isle of Wight before I retired and hearing the very touching introduction he gave me , sleep well my friend

• Like 1

RIP Bryn.

Someone who was devoted to the sport.

• Like 1

When I was a child I would always get my pocket money on a Friday before going to Hackney, and would spend it on a Kestrel News. You never knew where Bryn would appear with that brown money belt of his, but I'd always track him down, keen to see which colour it had been printed in that week and read the news on the riders. I even caught him just as he was coming out of the toilets once! But he was always kind to me.

Some 20 years later I realised the Bryn on here and the guy I knew were the same person and mentioned it to him, and was surprised to find he remembered me too (probably as that bloody kid that wouldn't even let him pee in peace!)

I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Edited by June01