British Speedway Forum

RIP Bryn.

Bryn was one of the first non-Poole speedway people I met - back in the day when I also used to smoke!!!

RIP Bryn. Got to know him a little over the last ten years or so at IOW as we used to chat each year when we were there on holiday. A real Speedway enthusiast who was a pleasure to know. A genuine part of "the Speedway family" of which all real supporters form part.

Rest in Peace Bryn. Let us know what the weather is like as I will see you sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Rest in peace Bryn, a wonderful man and an amazing friend.

This is desperately sad news. I think we had been hoping for the best while preparing for the worst, but it still comes as something of a shock.

Very difficult to find appropriate words having only just heard the news. What to say? Bryn was just a great guy, full of kindness and spark, a speedway fan (and Welshman!) through and through. Back in the day when I was covering Wolves for the E&S I had to arrange press facilities at the various tracks and Bryn was the person I dealt with at Lakeside. He was endlessly efficient and kind (Lakeside was easily the best organised track for visiting press, you could see where it came from) and I always used to pop into the office to say hello and get the craic!

I don't know if Carys and Andy follow the BSF at all but at some future date when they are able to draw breath and pick up the threads of their lives it may be of some comfort to them to read the personal memories already flowing onto the site from Dean, daytripper and so on. It would tell them something they may not have known, about the affection and regard with which Bryn was held in speedway circles, and something of which they were already aware, about what a great bloke he was. RIP Bryn.

SO sorry to hear that. Bryn was a loyal and valued contributor to Speedway Star for many years. Our condolencies to his family and friends.

Got to know Bryn very well over the years through him coming up with Waggy for our meetings, or me doing the southern tour with the Diamonds and meeting him at many tracks. I used to hop on the IOW track bus, after the ferry, and have a good catchup with him. He had a beautiful radio mike voice and he was generous with his comments and knowledge of the sport and it's anticipants. He was always supportive of things we were discussing on the BSF, and had many offline PM's to keep up to date. I think the first year he was unable to go to OZ for the winter was a message to him, and he had further trouble with his health due to infections and falls. He was a loyal and dear friend, and I think we will all miss his contribution to our sport.

RIP Bryn from your favourite Geordie.

• Like 3

What a great man to have been around back in the good old days at Hackney, Loram , Louis, Galvin , Moggo, Whitt, Venebles and Hamnet (rip) great times on the Northern Tours and other road trips. RIP to a true speedway man

• Like 1