British Speedway Forum

Unlike many on this forum, I knew Bryn personally - and had done so for nearly forty years. I can't really add anything to what has already been said. Speedway has lost one of its greatest fans - and greatest assets.

R.I.P. mate...

Steve

• Like 1

It was 61 yrs ago in September since I went to my first speedway meeting and there are few non-riders I have lived awe of and Bryn was one of them.

Edited by The Little Un

I was a sidecar passenger. One who started racing at the age of 48. There were many who said I was nuts. Well maybe. But Bryn wasn't one of them. When he commentated at meetings I took part in, he always gave me a cheery introduction and made me feel like a world champion. Thanks Bryn. For that and your incisive debate on our shared love, you'll be missed.

Rest in peace, my friend.

• Like 1

Like others I'm saddened to hear of the death of Bryn. We often disagreed on many thing but there was never any doubting that he had the best interests of the sport at heart. If speedway had a few more Bryn Williams' it would be in a much healthier state.

RIP Bryn

Like others I'm saddened to hear of the death of Bryn. We often disagreed on many thing but there was never any doubting that he had the best interests of the sport at heart. If speedway had a few more Bryn Williams' it would be in a much healthier state.

RIP Bryn

Well said Shawn . I never met Bryn , but we spoke on here . So sad to hear about his passing . RIP Bryn

Very sad news indeed. RIP Bryn.

I was a sidecar passenger. One who started racing at the age of 48. There were many who said I was nuts. Well maybe. But Bryn wasn't one of them. When he commentated at meetings I took part in, he always gave me a cheery introduction and made me feel like a world champion. Thanks Bryn. For that and your incisive debate on our shared love, you'll be missed.

Rest in peace, my friend.

You were nuts!!! I remember fondly when we had the speedway chatroom with Bryn and we were all virtually civilized with each other. I last saw Bryn at KL a few years ago,going to miss his unique humour

RIP Bryn, I never met him, but he had Speedway running through his veins, Speedway will be the poorer for his passing, and Im sad that he never got to taste the Pork Sarnies once Dudley Wood had closed.

Hopefully Bryn and his also sadly gone mate Nobby Hall can have a few Bacon sandwiches washed down with Bundy and Cokes

Is that Nobby Hall of Oxford? Remember him well.

RIP

Yes Steve

Nobby passed away a few years ago.

Another one to leave us without seeing the return of The Cheetahs

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

Yes Steve

Nobby passed away a few years ago.

Another one to leave us without seeing the return of The Cheetahs

Thanks for that. Nobby was a character and was dedicated to 'The Cheetahs'.

Recall when he drove a mini-bus of us up to Newcastle and on the way back got stopped by the police who thought that we were 'flying pickets' during the miners' strike! After proving to them that we were speedway fans (I showed then my programme board of Hans Nielsen) Nobby decided to divert thru' Leicester and so avoiding the M1...a long trip that one!

Edited by steve roberts

RIP Bryn. Very sad news to hear. Speedway has lost one of its greatest supporters.

• Like 2