British Speedway Forum

Sincere condolences to Bryns family, enjoyed when he used to wind up us away supporters over the PA, great memories

RIP

Sincere condolences to Bryns family, enjoyed when he used to wind up us away supporters over the PA, great memories

RIP

One of his party pieces when the Monarchs were visiting was to stick on a Dagenham Girl Pipers record, to make us feel at home.

Gentle humour that we all recognised it as, and appreciated his effort to add a little bit extra atmosphere to the proceedings.

Mr Rising

Will there be a tribute to Bryn in this weeks Speedway Star?

Thanks

VV

I'd like to read that .....

I would bet a lot of money of there being a proper obituary/tribute to Bryn in the Speedway Star. Christmas/new year deadlines may mean it misses this coming week but no doubt a mention, at least, with a full tribute the week after - although they may be able to do the whole thing this week.

The Star does some excellent obits and you can get bet they will want to do a special job with this one. I look forward to reading, although, like everyone else, am sad that Bryn is no longer with us.

Mr Rising

Will there be a tribute to Bryn in this weeks Speedway Star?

Thanks

VV

YES ... last week's issue was printed before Christmas

enjoyed when he used to wind up us away supporters over the PA, great memories

Consdiering away fans travel hundreds of miles and spend a fair bit of cash to attend speedway meetings, you would think showing a little respect to away fans in our failing sport would have been in order.

• Like 1

Forwarded message:

:::::::

Carys Williams Hind with Bryn Williams.

51 mins ·

Hi all

Firstly, a thank you from Andy and I for the outstanding support and comments; it has been greatly appreciated and overwhelming to hear how my Dad made such an impact on people.

Dad's funeral will be on Thursday 19th January at 3.30pm at Eltham Crematorium followed by a celebration of his life at the Jolly Fenman. Details are below:

Eltham Crematorium https://www.google.co.uk/…/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d8a9…

The Jolly Fenman
https://www.google.co.uk/…/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d8a9…

In dad's memory we will be collecting money for the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund, a cause that you all know was very dear to him. As well as a box on the day, you can also make donations online via the site here:

http://www.srbf.co.uk

I really look forward to seeing as many of you as possible and remembering all that was great about Bryn.

Please can you pass this information on to those who are not on Facebook.

Consdiering away fans travel hundreds of miles and spend a fair bit of cash to attend speedway meetings, you would think showing a little respect to away fans in our failing sport would have been in order.

It's called banter.

• Like 1

You cant have misread the post that much surely have you ?

As someone else has commented - it was banter. He at least engaged with the away fans, which is not something all pa guys do.

Forwarded message:

:::::::

Carys Williams Hind with Bryn Williams.

51 mins ·

Hi all

Firstly, a thank you from Andy and I for the outstanding support and comments; it has been greatly appreciated and overwhelming to hear how my Dad made such an impact on people.

Dad's funeral will be on Thursday 19th January at 3.30pm at Eltham Crematorium followed by a celebration of his life at the Jolly Fenman. Details are below:

Eltham Crematorium https://www.google.co.uk/…/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d8a9…

The Jolly Fenman

https://www.google.co.uk/…/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d8a9…

In dad's memory we will be collecting money for the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund, a cause that you all know was very dear to him. As well as a box on the day, you can also make donations online via the site here:

http://www.srbf.co.uk

I really look forward to seeing as many of you as possible and remembering all that was great about Bryn.

Please can you pass this information on to those who are not on Facebook.

Many thanks for the details. I look forward to attending; would be good to meet up with any other forum members who are able to turn out.

• Like 1

Excellent obituary in the Speedway Star. Insightful, informative and quite touching. I knew the Star would do Bryn proud.

• Like 3

Just in passing, and it may not be obvious to those travelling any distance (it wasn't to me until I checked!), both the crematorium and the Jolly Fenman are outside the London congestion charge zone so that's one thing fewer to worry about when making travel arrangements.

Is anyone travelling from the Midlands? Bryn was a friend and I'm stuck for transport. Petrol costs sharing of course.