British Speedway Forum

Best wishes to you Bryn, get well soon !

​Does any BSF member have an update on how Bryn is progressing?

When was he actually admitted to hospital? If it was as has been mentioned in the current edition of 'Speedway Star' it could have been as far back as last weekend.

I dont know Gustix would be useful to find out. I just read about it in the star and thought I would let you guys know the news.

When I first read of Bryn's admission to hospital I thought it had occurred just previous to the notice. Then I read that matter had been seen in 'Speedway Star". As that appears on a Thursday and has I think a last press time for a Tuesday morning, it occurred to me that Bryn must have had his ailment at the weekend.

This extended his hospital stay to several days and as a result I wondered just when his fall occurred. Of more concern is the fact that while he is receiving deserved 'get well' messages as yet we have to wait for an encouraging progress report on him.

It is for that reason why I asked if there was an update available on him and not a wish to pry into his misfortune.

Edited by Guest

Ward staff are, quite rightly, very guarded about what they say to non-family members. Having just rung, Bryn is currently "stable" and, in the words of the member of staff to whom I spoke, "no worse than when he came in". It's something to cling to, but equally Bryn is patently not well and it would be wrong to pretend otherwise.

Wish I could be more encouraging, but there you are.

• Like 1

Best wishes to you, Bryn. Hang on in there and get well soon.

When I first read of Bryn's admission to hospital I thought it had occurred just previous to the notice. Then I read that matter had been seen in 'Speedway Star". As that appears on a Thursday and has I think a last press time for a Tuesday morning, it occurred to me that Bryn must have had his ailment at the weekend.

This extended his hospital stay to several days and as a result I wondered just when his fall occurred. Of more concern is the fact that while he is receiving deserved 'get well' messages as yet we have to wait for an encouraging progress report on him.

It is for that reason why I asked if there was an update available on him and not a wish to pry into his misfortune.

Ward staff are, quite rightly, very guarded about what they say to non-family members. Having just rung, Bryn is currently "stable" and, in the words of the member of staff to whom I spoke, "no worse than when he came in". It's something to cling to, but equally Bryn is patently not well and it would be wrong to pretend otherwise.

I appreciate your response Fourentee. We must remember Bryn and ask for his recovery in our prayers.

Edited by Guest

How very kind of you to think of him and thanks for the update :):t:

• Like 4

I am forwarding this overnight message as the sender has requested and which has appeared on my Facebook page. It is from Bryn Williams' daughter. Our thoughts and prayers will continue for Bryn:

::::: Hackney Speedway

Carys, Bryn Williams daughter latest update on her dad Monday evening

Hi all. Update on Dad. He is still very unwell. Friday seemed to be a bit of a blip and we haven't had any conversations with him since then. He is sleeping a lot but has been able to ask for water and to re-adjust his bed.

The doctors have said he is stable at the moment - he is not getting any better but he is not deteriorating either.

Will be going back tomorrow and hopefully he will have made some progress. I will try and update but as you can imagine this is hard for Andy and I and extremely emotionally draining. I will try and respond to messages as much as possible but please keep those who are not on Facebook up to date too.

Again, thanks for your wishes and support. We do really appreciate it!

Thanks for the update, Gustix. Very thoughtful, too, of Bryn's daughter to keep us up to date during such trying times.

If Bryn is able, on occasion, to make requests concerning water and so forth I would think there might be some value in sending get well cards so that he knows people are thinking of him. For anyone who would consider that a useful thing to do, the address is:

Linden Ward,

Darent Valley Hospital,

Darenth Wood Road,

Dartford,

DA2 8DA.

Edited by Fourentee
  • Like 4

Thanks for the update, Gustix. Very thoughtful, too, of Bryn's daughter to keep us up to date during such trying times.

If Bryn is able, on occasion, to make requests concerning water and so forth I would think there might be some value in sending get well cards so that he knows people are thinking of him. For anyone who would consider that a useful thing to do, the address is:

Linden Ward,

Darent Valley Hospital,

Darenth Wood Road,

Dartford,

DA2 8DA.

That's a considerate thought on your part Fourentee - a little different to a response I had in other thread (not related to Bryn earlier today.

​May I Post your message on several Facebook groups where I have Admin status?

Thanks for the update, hopefully Bryn will be feeling better very soon.

That's a considerate thought on your part Fourentee - a little different to a response I had in other thread (not related to Bryn earlier today.

Fine by me, there's nothing private in the information. I believe from earlier posts by VV and the like that the ward information had been published anyway and the rest is just looking up the full address.

Fine by me, there's nothing private in the information. I believe from earlier posts by VV and the like that the ward information had been published anyway and the rest is just looking up the full address.

Thank you Fourentee. I will cut-and-paste the relative item with due credit on the relative Facebook groups.

I have received a Facebook message that more news in regard to Bryn Williams' could be forwarded to me later this evening.