British Speedway Forum

I never met Bryn Williams but through his Posts on here it was clear that he loved his Speedway.

On a Thread some years ago he explained to me what 'Bundy' was - I have always remembered that.

R.I.P. + Bryn.

This is very sad news. Only met Bryn a few times at Swindon when I was presenting & he was announcing. He was always very friendly, warm & had a really dry & ready wit. He really was speedway through & through.

Condolences to his family & many, many friends. RIP Bryn.

Very sad news. Bryn was loved by all who knew him, a real giant in the sport. My condolences to all his family and friends, it just won't seem the same without him.

I didn't know him well but we always spoke when we saw each other at meetings and he did stints at updating my texts for the updates site.

A very decent bloke, one of the best announcers in the game and as true a speedway fan as you will ever see.

Oh that is soo sad to read, RIP Bryn, you will not be forgotten by the speedway family!!

RIP mate. I'll miss our chats, as the whole speedway world will miss you.

Just seen this very sad news. Bryn was Mr Speedway. Remember back in the late 80s early 90s he did the London Speedway Hotline where he would be at meetings and you could phone up and get the scores with Bryns match report. This was the best way of getting the info as ceefax back then was terrible. He would be at all Hackneys home and away meetings sometimes as team manager. Would also see him at Wimbledon every week and he must have done all the Rye and Arena home matches aswell.

When Wimbledon and Hackney closed in 1991 he was at all Arenas home and away matches for years never knew him to miss one. He must have been at speedway at least 4/5 times a week. Thoughts with his family and friends at this sad time.

Top fella RIP Bryn.

RIP Bryn. While it's a sad day today, I feel privileged to have known you. Thanks very much for accepting me down the pits for the away meetings in 2005, as we plotted victory towards the Conference League title. I learnt so much from you. While today is sad, I remember the good times, in particular the day the Oxford Academy secured the league title. You were a smashing chap, speedway mad and a font of knowledge. RIP mate.

All the best

Rob

• Like 3

So sad to hear of the passing of Bryn (AKA The Dark Knight and others).

He always gave the 'Coventry Press Mafia' a mention in some way in his programme notes when the Bees were visiting Kings Lynn, Oxford or Lakeside, and caused me great embarrassment at the Isle of Wight this year by announcing my attendance over the microphone!

Top Man, that Bryn!

R.I.P.

Edited by Gambo
  • Like 2

Remember his days spent at Oxford.

RIP

R.I.P Bryn, our fantastic sport will be the poorer without you.

Sad news.

Bryn was one of the good guys that speedway relies on so heavily. I should imagine every speedway supporter will have crossed paths with him at some point. Although he was South East, based and I frequent more Midlands and Northern tracks, I still used to bump into him a few times a year. He was always happy to chat...usually about the meeting he'd been at the previous night and the one he was going to the next day.

Enthusiastic and knowledgable, he loved his speedway, and was equally clued up on the riders of yesteryear and the stars of tomorrow.

A big loss to the sport.

• Like 5