British Speedway Forum

I only came across Bryn through the forums and the Lakeside one in particular. Apart from his very helpful weather updates the main thing that came across was his passionate defence of his local club which seemed to offend one in particular. I didn't always agree with Bryn but It was his willingness to confront what I considered to be bar-room bullying tactics from that poster that gained my admiration for him.

RIP Bryn.

• Like 3

Such very sad news, we've lost a really good man of the BSF and a stalwart of British Speedway.

It's a shame that we don't tell people how much they are appreciated before we lose them.

My thoughts are with Carys and all of Bryn's family and friends at this sad time.

RIP Bryn Williams

and while you're up there, can you use your influence for nice warm rain free days for speedway in the future, we'll miss your weather updates.

RIP Bryn. Always a true supporter, never a chance of any trolling from Bryn but always accurate information re Lakeside.

A true supporter of speeedway who obviously left a deep impression on the people he met. I only hope that there are other friends of his high standard who can help the sport in the future.

My condoleneces to his family. I hope they will read this thread and understand how highly he was respected by people - even those who only read his contributions on-line.

RIP

• Like 2

Just saw this news on Facebook and was deeply saddened.

As many have already said, Bryn was Mr Speedway. His distinctive voice was recognisable instantly and in my mind is one of the 'sounds' I associate with the sport.

I only met him the one time as I can recall, there was an issue ( I don't recall what ) that I needed help with and I popped into the office at Lakeside and Bryn sorted it in no time. After that we had a good 15 minute chat about the sport in general. Thoroughly nice gentleman and a very sad loss to the sport and more importantly, his family.

My deepest condolences to his friends, family and loved ones.

RIP Bryn Williams. Mr Speedway.

• Like 5

RIP Bryn, condolences to his family and friends.

For those that don't follow the Isle of Wight Warriors on Facebook, below is a few words by Barry Bishop

"I have been contemplating what to write about Bryn Williams all day, while working on the Smallbrook track with the rest of the track team. I have to say that Bryn has been on my mind all day while we removed the bend 4 camber, sorted the home straight and took down the back straight safety fence ready for replacement .... and then It dawned on me that while thinking what to write about Bryn I was really doing his bidding, what he would have wanted me to do and to continue to work to make Smallbrook the best it can be for the island and beyond.

Bryn really was Mr. Speedway - he did it all. Even though he loved every level of speedway I believe his passion was always grass roots speedway. He was always at the Southern Track Meetings commentating and when I did the worlds First Ladies only speedway school there was no one other than Bryn who I wanted to send out reassuring and informed commentary over the tannoy system at Iwade on that amazing day.

Behind the scenes here at Smallbrook he travelled each week with Chris and took on a variety of roles including press officer, programme contributor and track announcer. With his own personal style he brought considerable knowledge, comedy and enthusiasm to our show.

Bryn was stubbornly passionate about speedway but he was a selfless warrior to the sport and he was indeed a knowledge bank and stato for each and every rider.

He loved the Isle of Wight and was first in the queue at our fans forums when we decided to consider bringing speedway back and Bryn always offered advice and caution when he felt it necessary.

I shall miss you Bryn, not only for your speedway knowledge, written word or presentation skills, but because you were one of the nicest and most decent people, not only in speedway but on the planet. A dedicated believer in positivity and not only what speedway is today but what it can be tomorrow.

God's speed my friend. Until we meet again."