British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke Potters 2017

Id rather watch a team of youngsters getting stuffed every week, this is the nl remember

• Like 1

Id rather watch a team of youngsters getting stuffed every week, this is the nl remember

Yeah it's the national league so what? It isn't the under 25 league so what's the problem?
  • Like 1

Speedway is speedway no matter how old the riders are, we can still have a little fun with it. :D

Did they not have a rule a while back that you could only have one over 29 year old in your team lol

Welcome to the Stoke Seniors Speedway Circus.

Now try saying Stoke Seniors Speedway Circus.three times fast after having had a drink or two.

• Like 1

Yeah it's the national league so what? It isn't the under 25 league so what's the problem?

Where would British Speedway be if it packed its bottom tier with 35 year olds ?

I do have some sympathy here because there is a need to at least try and be competitive and its difficult to see just who else they might have signed.For all the talk about preferring to watch a team of youngsters get stuffed, people just don't because they won't pay to watch a one sided hammering every week

I do wonder, however, just how attractive this team will be both at home and on its travels.

• Like 1

There is a shortage of young top end riders for this league ,,and teams need to use the strongest available riders,,However at the bottom end they should really be looking for youngsters to fill these spots.. It can be difficult to strike the right balance when the pot is half empty,,,,

• Like 2

Dont see the problem here. Stoke av built there team to the strongest that they can. Top teams get the younger better riders so where is the prob, best team to be competitive for them

• Like 2

Well this is one way for the team to save the salary of having to employ a Child Protection Officer to the staff.

• Like 1

I know I have been critical of the Stoke promotion on here in the past, but in relation to this thread, it's not the fault of Stoke or Buxton that other teams have signed up the best young talent in an effort to be successful thus meaning that the less well off teams have to compete in any way they can. I think it better they track competitive teams irrespective of age until/unless all teams in this development league agree to have standard pay and allocate the best youngsters across all clubs.

• Like 3

I do wonder, however, just how attractive this team will be both at home and on its travels

Ugly, home or away these wrinkled weather wore faces are never going to be very attractive. :D:D

• Like 1

I do wonder, however, just how attractive this team will be ... on its travels

Of course they'll be attractive to the fans at the tracks that they go to on their travels. They will be someting that your average British speedway fan can relate to. in the same way as those fans like their Val Doonican, Englebert Humperdink, Tom Jones and Andy Williams music being played too,

If the riders bring their kids n Grand kids to the meetings the stands will be full ;-) Just kidding .

• Like 1

Of course they'll be attractive to the fans at the tracks that they go to on their travels. They will be someting that your average British speedway fan can relate to. in the same way as those fans like their Val Doonican, Englebert Humperdink, Tom Jones and Andy Williams music being played too,

If only the PA worked we could hear Val,Eng,Tom or Andy. :D