British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke Potters 2017

Six weeks since the last Potters post.

Any updates from those brave souls who still venture to Loomer Road?

Interestingly the spell check wanted to call the above venue Loser Road....

Still a waste of a potentially great venue.....

I cannot see any future prospects with Stoke until the present promoters get out and let someone take over.

I agree that Loomer road has potential when a new broom sweeps through.

I used to love going to Stoke when John Dews was in charge of the track and I regularly enjoyed good racing as he was a great track man.

• Like 1

I agree that Loomer road has potential when a new broom sweeps through.

I used to love going to Stoke when John Dews was in charge of the track and I regularly enjoyed good racing as he was a great track man.

The fact is, that the stadium needs about a million pounds spent on it, like Glasgow. As for your third sentence, I went out onto the track after the meeting a few weeks ago, and was horrified at the state of it. Who does it now?

The fact is, that the stadium needs about a million pounds spent on it, like Glasgow. As for your third sentence, I went out onto the track after the meeting a few weeks ago, and was horrified at the state of it. Who does it now?

The website says Dave Tatum and Nigel Crabtree....Still got the original idea of extendable corners for longtrack. Purpose built for speedway for the 1973 season. The original track became Vojens when Ole Olsen borrowed the plans. Current shape was built in 1979 by Pete Jarman and regularly tinkered with since.

The last time I went to Stoke Speedway was on June 3rd . Dave Tatum was circulating on a tractor draging a bit of a blade around at about what seemed to me very slow . No dirt on track and no water to kill the dust I think its just set up for stock cars what a shame

It's all down to money. Poor attendances, low income, so no money to spend on the track.. Simple. If the good people of the Potteries want a decent

Speedway to watch, then they have to pay at the turnstiles...But they did not support the Premier League, so it dropped into the cheaper regime in the

hope that it could survive at the lower level. Give credit where it's due, they're still going in spite of severe criticism on this forum and it cannot be maklng

any money.

• Like 1

It's all down to money. Poor attendances, low income, so no money to spend on the track.. Simple. If the good people of the Potteries want a decent

Speedway to watch, then they have to pay at the turnstiles...But they did not support the Premier League, so it dropped into the cheaper regime in the

hope that it could survive at the lower level. Give credit where it's due, they're still going in spite of severe criticism on this forum and it cannot be maklng

any money.

Being one of the people who don't go anymore... I went almost weekly from 1978 - exit from the premier league.

The alternative view is that the sport was not promoted, fans disenfranchised and often personally insulted, with no viable attempt made to deliver on or talk through issues.

I'm aware that there were alternative offers to promote but they were all rejected.

From my perspective the current promotion are slowly killing the club rather than heroically saving it.

• Like 1

Well, I will be going there for the MDL match tonight. I just hope that they don't have to ride on broken-up concrete again.

Actually, it looked excellent; someone must have put some shale on it and done some work! It was wet (watered) to start off and became dusty, but that is only to be expected this time of the year.

Actually, it looked excellent; someone must have put some shale on it and done some work! It was wet (watered) to start off and became dusty, but that is only to be expected this time of the year.

It is not to be expected they have a water cart use it

It is not to be expected they have a water cart use it

They did, but it is elderly and moved at an excruciatingly slow speed!

They did, but it is elderly and moved at an excruciatingly slow speed!

The cart or driver? :D Well it seems to be one good meeting one bad at Stoke so i had better check the calendar to see whether its worth a visit when im next up in that neck of the woods.