Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

Whos Left?

I see gustix still has no answers to back up his false claims. :icon_smile_clown:

Be patient. As soon as he finds an answer somewhere he will cut and paste it immediately!

In all, how many riders could miss out on a NL team place in the 2017 season? I make it a possible 37 according to the various previous comments in relation to this. Does any member have a crosscheck total please.

Can perks ride in all 3 leagues? He has two teams already redcar and ryehouse.

I heard he was giving NL a miss.

I hope not, he's not ready to do just the top two divisions yet. As a Rye fan I'd like to see him have a NL berth so he can get some vital heat wins under his belt to keep confidence up, there are going to be times when points are going to be hard to come by in the Premiership and Championship for him.

I would not be surprised if perks wasn't doing NL this season, plus you are all forgetting Shanes will be to busy with riding premiership, grasstrack and riding in the world longtrack champs

Shanes has said his continental commitments will be the same as this year and that 2 leagues will not be a problem. I believe he had signed or agreed to sign for Kent until the points went down.

Shanes and Stoneman are probably the only riders in the league who are struggling to get a team place due to their average. Shanes' plans appear to have been messed up by Kent mostly, rather than the system, and hopefully Stoneman can get a ride at Lakeside.

• Like 1

In all, how many riders could miss out on a NL team place in the 2017 season? I make it a possible 37 according to the various previous comments in relation to this. Does any member have a crosscheck total please.

See, you're doing it again. With no logic whatsoever you're writing nonsense that makes no sense, and that you can't back up.

Go on, give it a try. Tell us what on earth your nonsense comment is supposed to mean?

There were 12 NL teams i.e. 84 places last year. There are 12 NL teams i.e. 84 places this year. So what exactly is "riders missing out" supposed to mean?

I think what he means is, with reduced point limit and last ears riders avg increasing it's unlikely many teams will be able to fit in said riders just looking from Eastbourne avg last year

Start

Ellis 10.14

Cottham 4.70

Perks 7.14

Wood 5.9

Knight 6

Powell 3

Harris 3

Finish

Ellis 10.98

Cottham4.7

Perks 8.25

Wood 7.62

Knight 8.53

Powell 4.05

Harris 3.95

That's an increase of 9 points so top riders have to make way e.g. Adam ellis of 10 points and another eg perks of 8 points giving the team 9 points to fit two 4.5 riders in to fit the new system

This list just highlights the sheer folly of allowing riders to ride for more than one team. The riders are griping that they can only make a living if they ride for two (or three) teams but they should stop for a minute, and consider that by doing this they are depriving 40-odd of their fellow riders of the chance of earning any money at all.

Edited by BBuck
  • Like 2

This list just highlights the sheer folly of allowing riders to ride for more than one team. The riders are griping that they can only make a living if they ride for two (or three) teams but they should stop for a minute, and consider that by doing this they are depriving 40-odd of their fellow riders of the chance of earning any money at all.

i totally see where your coming from but I do hope we sign Shanes at Plymouth.

I make it over 1.8 million footballers in the uk will miss out on a premier league team place. Does this reflect the downward spiral of English football?

I make it over 1.8 million footballers in the uk will miss out on a premier league team place. Does this reflect the downward spiral of English football?

​It's only January 1 and I seem to have found this year's first cuckoo!

What an off-the-thread comment this is by waiheaces1. :icon_smile_clown:All the same, it's from 'one of the usual anti-gustix clan" so I guess I cannot assume anything else.

"...they seek me here, they seek me there. they seek me on the BSF everywhere..." :lol::D

Edited by Guest

Exactly.

We know that 12 NL teams will give permanent employment to 84 riders. It can't be any more or less than 84 at any one time. We've also shown mathematically that a 39 (ish) point limit is the best to ensure that the 84 places go to the 84 best NL standard riders.

There's nothing in dispute there...basically nothing else to discuss.

Anyone who can't grasp the basic facts and babbles on about 35 riders missing out (whilst being unable to name these riders nor explain in what way they are missing out) must be a worry for society.

It's like the demented old woman in the high street shouting at the pigeons. Everyone knows it's a barking mad thing to do, no one knows why she does it, but we're all just glad it's not us.

• Like 1