Raymond Humphries i believe ...

That's it!

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

was his real name something Humphreys?

When it came to rider control he always said

I'm Free

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steve roberts said:

One of the reasons why I was never a fan of Play-Offs deciding who ends up as Champions.

2010 was one of those seasons when the team who finished top of the table was declared Champions (and rightly so). However, there were also promotion / relegation play-offs, which Newcastle won (as mentioned in my earlier post).

I think 2009 was also run the same way (KL finished top = Champions but Monarchs won the play-offs before losing to Belle Vue).

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Looking at the honours board on our club site it does say we won both cups and we were the League winners. I know we lost the playoffs, but though we had lost to Somerset on the first round of the playoffs. Just  my memory. 

What year was it we lost at your place, beaten in the golden heat system. I was over the Atlantic at the times but I would have loved to be at your place despite the result to yourselves. As it would happen I also missed the Ipswich final due to being in the Caribbean. Mustn't have had much confidence both times booking cruises thinking we wouldn't make any final.

Nice to hear from you again, it's been a long time, hope you are well. :P 

Golden Heats were 2009. One of the tensest evenings ever at sunny Armadale. Good old Matthew Wethers!

And I'm fine Sir. Just keeping my head down. Stay safe :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

2010 was one of those seasons when the team who finished top of the table was declared Champions (and rightly so). However, there were also promotion / relegation play-offs, which Newcastle won (as mentioned in my earlier post).

I think 2009 was also run the same way (KL finished top = Champions but Monarchs won the play-offs before losing to Belle Vue).

Golden Heats were 2009. One of the tensest evenings ever at sunny Armadale. Good old Matthew Wethers!

And I'm fine Sir. Just keeping my head down. Stay safe :)

Oh god! He’s back :D

46 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

It'll be the Duchess of Sherbourne back next!

King Jamie is a positive contributor though, the Duchess anything but!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Pipe down baldy ;)

And there was me trying to be nice to you, ya wee #######! If you’re not careful I’ll demand my money back for your book (available now in all good charity shops :rofl:)

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Gordon Pairman said:

And there was me trying to be nice to you, ya wee #######! If you’re not careful I’ll demand my money back for your book (available now in all good charity shops :rofl:)

Think he said he'd rather folk bin his book after reading, rather than donate to a charity shop ;).  Seriously though, it's a good book and I still have my (signed) copy....

Edited by martinmauger
added alledged humour
  • Thanks 1