British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Greg Hancock Live On Glasgow Tigers Tv - 8th January 7pm

Been announced tonight Greg will be doing a live feed from California this Sunday night on "Tigers Live" on the Glasgow Tigers Speedway Facebook page.

Looking forward to our second Live feed!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Shameless PR , by a man who turned his back on British Speedway years ago , and went on to become a violent ,selfish ,cheat , I won't be listening because he has nothing to say that I want to hear

• Like 5

Shameless PR , by a man who turned his back on British Speedway years ago , and went on to become a violent ,selfish ,cheat , I won't be listening because he has nothing to say that I want to hear

You're not a fan then , oh well . Anyway is it too much to hope for that he might tell us that he wants to wear those Glasgow kevlars again and ride in the Benfund meeting ? What a boost that would be to the cause and would give the Benfund meeting idea the boost it needs as it seems to have been dumbed down a bit in recent seasons

• Like 4

You're not a fan then , oh well . Anyway is it too much to hope for that he might tell us that he wants to wear those Glasgow kevlars again and ride in the Benfund meeting ? What a boost that would be to the cause and would give the Benfund meeting idea the boost it needs as it seems to have been dumbed down a bit in recent seasons

I was fooled by the Mr Nice guy Grin ,until Nickigate , then the subsequent let down of not turning up to the National stadium to represent his country and also for the people who paid his wages for many years , follow that up with cheating to help an Aussie of all people in the GP , and you could say he has let his guard down and shown that the grin was nothing more than a front . I would not be one bit surprised to see him Line up for the ben fund meeting , and of course wear the Glasgow kevlars ( since he knows Glasgows owners have plenty of dosh ) and since he has a lot of damage to put right for the sake of his sponsor .. Monster energy , whatever he chooses to do will not IMHO be through genuine benevolence just a PR execise to help build bridges he has burned , that Includes the radio broadcast

• Like 3

I was fooled by the Mr Nice guy Grin ,until Nickigate , then the subsequent let down of not turning up to the National stadium to represent his country and also for the people who paid his wages for many years , follow that up with cheating to help an Aussie of all people in the GP , and you could say he has let his guard down and shown that the grin was nothing more than a front . I would not be one bit surprised to see him Line up for the ben fund meeting , and of course wear the Glasgow kevlars ( since he knows Glasgows owners have plenty of dosh ) and since he has a lot of damage to put right for the sake of his sponsor .. Monster energy , whatever he chooses to do will not IMHO be through genuine benevolence just a PR execise to help build bridges he has burned , that Includes the radio broadcast

The money he received for wearing the Glasgow kevlars at Cardiff , he donated to Darcy Ward's fund , so he's not all an unfeeling monster

• Like 1

Hancock just a cheat but of cause he knows Glasgow have money so he will do or say anything.. Spoon

• Like 1

The money he received for wearing the Glasgow kevlars at Cardiff , he donated to Darcy Ward's fund , so he's not all an unfeeling monster

Darcy .. Monster energy rider no need to say more .

Darcy .. Monster energy rider no need to say more .

You've formed your opinion , which you're entitled to do . Some on here will have applauded his WWF move on Pedersen , but that's by the by . Would be a good move if his seemingly cordial relationship with Glasgow resulted in his presence at March's Benfund meeting up here .

• Like 1

You've formed your opinion , which you're entitled to do . Some on here will have applauded his WWF move on Pedersen , but that's by the by . Would be a good move if his seemingly cordial relationship with Glasgow resulted in his presence at March's Benfund meeting up here .

The 2015 incarnation of Greg Hancock , would have been a major draw . but I'm not sure the 2016 version would be , could possibly put as many off going as it would attract .

I think Greg Hancock is a very decent bloke. In 2003 my lad had been on a Speedway bike twice and I had got him a ride after the meeting at Oxford. Just before he went out Greg Hancock came over and explained he had a carb he wanted to test and ASKED a 14 year old kid if he would mind if he went out the same time as him. Then said to Sam, just you go where you want and I'll either slow down or go around you.

Since that time I have seen second half races and meetings cancelled because a rider wants to test something more than once and I'm sure that if Greg had asked they would have stopped Sam riding so he could test but he was a real gent about the whole thing and even came over and chatted about his riding with the lad.

As an aside Sam wasn't into Speedway as a spectator and came in saying "that blokes quick isn't he" as he had no idea who he was :lol:

• Like 1

I think Greg Hancock is a very decent bloke. In 2003 my lad had been on a Speedway bike twice and I had got him a ride after the meeting at Oxford. Just before he went out Greg Hancock came over and explained he had a carb he wanted to test and ASKED a 14 year old kid if he would mind if he went out the same time as him. Then said to Sam, just you go where you want and I'll either slow down or go around you.

Since that time I have seen second half races and meetings cancelled because a rider wants to test something more than once and I'm sure that if Greg had asked they would have stopped Sam riding so he could test but he was a real gent about the whole thing and even came over and chatted about his riding with the lad.

As an aside Sam wasn't into Speedway as a spectator and came in saying "that blokes quick isn't he" as he had no idea who he was :lol:

Greg is very much a marmite character. You either love him or louth him. In about 2001/2 Louis Carr, the junior development officer then for the BSPA, organised a training session at Glasgow for juniors selected and paid for by their respective clubs. I had Will Lawson, Richard Hall, Jamie Robertson and Ron Grant with me Greg was flown in and took over the training for the whole day. First thing he did was organise all the lads, including Josh Auty, who had turned up and was under age at 13 to be there, away from their handlers, family and mechanics in a separate location. He got to know them, and talked in great detail about being a rider and gave them loads of advice on being a rider, the mechanics of the bike and preparation. After that was finished all the lads took to the track and he had plenty of advice to give, which was suitably digested. It was a perfect training day and obviously the young riders were pleased and awestuck to have such a tutor. I found Greg to be very personable, easy to talk to and quite liked the guy, especially as he was also very friendly with our Nicki and his family.

Since then, the doubts have arisen through various events, ending up with last years WC fiasco he try to wriggle out of, cheating on the track with/for Monster colleagues and his plainly fixed and false Grin if the cameras are on him. One can't knock him for the quality and achievements of him in speedway, but he is now just a robot with none sincerity, acting like a flash USA college fresher. Not for me these days.

• Like 4

Never really been a big fan of Hancock since a time back in 2006 or 07 probably the latter when my son was a mascot for the day at Swindon, now I know it's the prerogative of a home rider or riders to help make the experience better for the mascot but he was pretty moody and to be honest pretty unprofessional in grubby Kevlars after having been hammered by us at the lunchtime Reading Swindon meeting , all of the Swindon boys looked clean but he clearly didn't care much that day , rode poorly and when approached for an autograph just turned away , often seems a horses for courses kind of guy doing pr stuff when it suits him , can agree with the fake accusations and yes I know some will say you shouldn't base something on one example but I've watched him over the years and he's a bit transparent in my opinion

I've known him since the day he joined Cradley back in 89. Always found him to be friendly and personable. The top professional in the sport with the mechanical knowhow, organisation, fitness regime and self discipline that still sees him as World Champion at such a ridiculous age. Successful in busness as well as on the track.

Everyone is entitled to their view and I must say I was disappointed by his absence from Manchester last year. Overall though I'd be happy to have him as a role model for my kids.