British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Leszno & Wroclaw - 2017 Swc

All booked up for the SWC. So what do these cities have to offer other than Speedway?

All booked up for the SWC. So what do these cities have to offer other than Speedway?

Very cheap beer!

wroclaw-huge main square. very lively, loads of great restaurants and bars.

leszno-just a town, bit limited. ok on race day otherwise take a book.

Edited by pugwash

Polish girls :)

• Like 2

Polish girls :)

Yup , no ugly women at all in Poland

Poznan is a quick train ride away from Leszno and one of the best cities I've ever been to.

Visited Poznan last year on the Gorzow GP trip. And yes, it is a delight.

Which sites have people been using to book hotels in Leszno or other cities? I have been once before but there isnt many hotels it seems in Leszno itself and most are sold out.

I havent decided if definitely going or not just trying to work out costs of hotels.travel etc before deciding for definite.

I wont be driving so wasnt sure if there would be trains back to other cities after the World Cup meetings.

Which sites have people been using to book hotels in Leszno or other cities? I have been once before but there isnt many hotels it seems in Leszno itself and most are sold out.

I havent decided if definitely going or not just trying to work out costs of hotels.travel etc before deciding for definite.

I wont be driving so wasnt sure if there would be trains back to other cities after the World Cup meetings.

My suggestion would be to go onto bahn.de English version and put in Leszno to a few of the places you might want to stay at - the trains do run quite late in Poland.- the main station normally comes up 1st on the list

try booking.com or hotels.com for accomdation

Rule change for 2017- taken from speedway GP website.

In another change for the Monster Energy SWC, national sides can no longer amend their five-man teams or starting numbers once they have been submitted to the FIM, which must be done no later than seven days before Event 1. Replacements are only allowed in the event of injury or illness, with the approval of the FIM Jury.

Countries must still declare a squad of between five and 10 riders one month prior to the tournament.

I think it says pre-sale this week and then general sale from 8th May. Looks like it could be a bit confusing as it only the ticket bit is in English.

Sorry about the error-the standing(which I think is in the normal away fans pen) looks ridiculously cheap