British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BILKO

Leicester Speedway 2017

Yet another thread goes down the swanee. There are some damn argumentative people on here. :rolleyes: I don't think the admins need advice when to move a topic because if it needs doing they will do it. Leicester Speedway 2017 is about the owner/s so different to the Leicester Lions 2017 thread. Like Robert has said it's just another thread out of the many on here and not hurting anyone. Not interested then don't read it and move on to something else.

Janet - arguing requires a level of mental skill and competence, but Oppositional Disorder is a condition in which those afflicted are only capable of very basic level and automatic denouncement or contradiction. It's a condition which has, worryingly, been on a sharp increase in recent years, fuelled by social media and events such as the EU referendum and the US Election. In fact I suspect the incoming President of the USA suffers from it.

So it's hardly surprising it features on BSF although thankfully it seems to be mainly confined to a limited number of contributors!

• Like 4

Leicester Speedway 2017 is about the owner/s so different to the Leicester Lions 2017 thread. Like Robert has said it's just another thread out of the many on here and not hurting anyone. Not interested then don't read it and move on to something else.

You are correct this is a different thread/subject..but the topic itself has already been covered/included in Leicester Lions 2017 anyway.

• Like 1

Okay fair enough but as I am mostly interested in Leicester and Coventry threads and not much is happening with the Bees one I was quite happy to see two regarding the Lions. Back to the arguing then. :P

• Like 1

Who owns the stadium Mr or Mrs Hensley ?

Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd own the lease to the ground that contains the speedway stadium so therefore, it's Mr H as opposed to Mrs H. He is the sole director of BSC Ltd whilst she is is the sole director of Leicester Speedway Ltd, the company that have until now operated the speedway club from the stadium for the past 7 years. LS Ltd have not been offically dissolved as yet and as such create a bit of an anomaly that Companies House presently have TWO different companies operating as 'Leicester Speedway'. No doubt that will resolve itself in due course.

I hope the City Council has finally managed to figure this out too, as they seemed to be acting as though LS Ltd was BSC Ltd. Hardly surprising as BSC Ltd was a dormant company until very recently and DH could easily bamboozle them (although an intelligent chimpanzee could have done that).

• Like 3

The new promotion seem to be getting some unfair criticism regarding the departure of Glyn.

Whilst I have the up most respect for Glyn Taylor, what he did with limited resources & what he had to put up with from DH the fact remains the club has been brought by someone who is a track curator himself in Buster.

Ask yourself this

If you were a plumber would you pay someone else to come & fix your leaking taps ??

The answer is no you would do it yourself , this is exactly what Buster is doing Kevin is merely a front guy & someone to help out who does not cost because Buster can-not be involved with 2 Premiership clubs .

Thank you for everything Glyn as track curator & team manager but i assure you he isn't the last person who won't be returning to BP in 2017.

Edited by Leicscub

I hope the City Council has finally managed to figure this out too, as they seemed to be acting as though LS Ltd was BSC Ltd. Hardly surprising as BSC Ltd was a dormant company until very recently and DH could easily bamboozle them (although an intelligent chimpanzee could have done that).

I think Hemsley did that years back , Bamboozled them with promises of cycle tracks football pitches etc . he cant be blamed for the failure of the cycle track and to materialise though, as he himself was misled by cycling GB ,and soccer 5s Or was he ? did they ever intend to become part of the project or were they just a carrot for the council and never a certainty ,I don't imagine the council would have gone for a speedway only project so it served a purpose, either way . Leicesters future looks a whole lot brighter than their nearest neighbours ,not least because they don't have a money grabbing ,lying ,cheating ,property developer undermining their chances for the future

I think Hemsley did that years back , Bamboozled them with promises of cycle tracks football pitches etc . he cant be blamed for the failure of the cycle track and to materialise though, as he himself was misled by cycling GB ,and soccer 5s Or was he ? did they ever intend to become part of the project or were they just a carrot for the council and never a certainty ,I don't imagine the council would have gone for a speedway only project so it served a purpose, either way . Leicesters future looks a whole lot brighter than their nearest neighbours ,not least because they don't have a money grabbing ,lying ,cheating ,property developer undermining their chances for the future

The land can't be used for anything much, so instead of zero income from it, City Council is getting something coming in, even though its small change. Was there collusion between City Council and DH? Who knows.

But they've taken a supine approach over the whole project's lack of overall progress for the most part, and only made an attempt to crack the whip with DH a couple of years ago - revised development plan, revised planning permission/requirements - and that was only after certain parties rocked the drifting boat. And the outcome of that .....he bunged some hardboard up at the back of the temporary stands, maybe tarted up one or two things, but the place is still a rubble tip.

Suspect DH knew how he was going to raise money right from the start, just didn't tell people who were on his "side" about it, so for example Ermolenko ended up wasting his time and efforts. Did the Council know all along that was the plan, too?

Then you had one or two councillors (and an MP - not Mr Vaz amazingly but the shyster Hewitt) who made sure their public profiles were to the fore when the project was announced and up to and beyond the opening night....basking in a bit of reflected glory. Very easy for DH to run rings around these people and be relatively immune from future sanctions except the toothless window-dressing that went on two years ago.

So does DH need speedway to operate now? I think the Council might have a minor cack in their pants if it ceased, so even the paltry rent and rates DH pays will still be gratefully received....but would DH be all that much inconvenienced if the lease he has, is ever annulled. After all, how much of his own money did he really put in??

• Like 2

would DH be all that much inconvenienced if the lease he has, is ever annulled. After all, how much of his own money did he really put in??

That's a good point how much did he invest in the stadium as I keep hearing about the generosity of people to help make the return possible and all the volunteers putting hours in at BP.

• Like 1

Think that LionsDen's recent post on the other Leicester thread makes it pretty clear!

Any idea what the ra e night will be this year , or are they waiting for news from the other end of the M69 before announcing it ?

Edited by speedibee

Any idea what the ra e night will be this year , or are they waiting for news from the other end of the M69 before announcing it ?

Assume you're probably spot on with that one, suspect Friday has always been the preferred option, but made no sense with the Bees using it. For what it's worth, I hope the only Friday night racing I watch this year will be the away visits to Coventry!

• Like 1

Assume you're probably spot on with that one, suspect Friday has always been the preferred option, but made no sense with the Bees using it.

I'm not so sure about that because Friday is notoriously bad travelling anywhere. I still think Saturday might be the preferred option but I suppose we will find out shortly when the Coventry saga is over.