British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Where? When? Is This Years Ben Fund Meeting (2017) Being Held?

It's on the speedwaygb homepage.

Glasgow 12 March 2pm.

Slough on the 30th Feb.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, not been to the Crawley track before, is it a big track, like Belle Vue, or a "trick" track, like Lakeside/Wolverhampton.... And what's the format this year....?

Personally a bit disapointed its in Glasgow as we normally try to go and support the Ben Fund, but Glasgow's just too far to go.

Pity its not a bit more in the middle of the Country then more people from a variety of Clubs could get along.

I suppose Glasgow will get plenty of support ? (maybe from not such a wide spectrum of fans though)

Personally glad its in Glasgow; Tigers fans for once don't need to travel. Should get a good crowd from northern Championship teams alone and it could be even better if people travelled a bit further. Riders confirmed as taking part, so far are Richard Lawson, Aaron Summers and Richie Worrall (Glasgow), Kevin Doolan and Lewis Bridger (Berwick), Claus Vissing, Thomas Jorgensen and Ty Proctor (Workington), Steve Worrall (Newcastle); Ben Barker (Redcar) and James Sargeant (Coventry). Assume the Worrall twins will be riding for Belle Vue so hopefully can expect fans from Manchester. Can't wait but a warning, get there early if you want a seat!

• Like 1

Personally glad its in Glasgow; Tigers fans for once don't need to travel. Should get a good crowd from northern Championship teams alone and it could be even better if people travelled a bit further. Riders confirmed as taking part, so far are Richard Lawson, Aaron Summers and Richie Worrall (Glasgow), Kevin Doolan and Lewis Bridger (Berwick), Claus Vissing, Thomas Jorgensen and Ty Proctor (Workington), Steve Worrall (Newcastle); Ben Barker (Redcar) and James Sargeant (Coventry). Assume the Worrall twins will be riding for Belle Vue so hopefully can expect fans from Manchester. Can't wait but a warning, get there early if you want a seat!

So hope Dan Bewley will get a invite, make the trip from Bristol loads better!

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to a couple of the bigger events being at Glasgow this season, although i will miss the Sheffield jaunt for the renamed PLRC this year. But, no petrol or hotel costs for me this year. Just a return ticket on the train required. Here's hoping i make the last train home, haha! :D:cheers:

• Like 2

I would love to have made this trip as I've never been to the Glasgow track but it's too short notice for me (I took my eye off the ball obviously). I'm going to be very selfish and hope rain/weather stops play as I would like to make this trip. ;)

Is that a different Claus Vissing from the one who rides for Berwick them?

• Like 1

just shows , even armed with all the information about riders and teams . the clampets at the bspa cannot get a simple thing correct ..

god help our sport . looks like its not only the NHS that need special measures . dumbo.s . taking money for the job they are supposed to know all about , jeez . . .

I'm looking forward to a couple of the bigger events being at Glasgow this season, although i will miss the Sheffield jaunt for the renamed PLRC this year. But, no petrol or hotel costs for me this year. Just a return ticket on the train required. Here's hoping i make the last train home, haha! :D:cheers:

Wouldn't be too sure about that one , the Newport contingent have texted me and their flights and hotel are booked . So the beer will be flowing before , during and after :drink:

• Like 1

oops

just shows , even armed with all the information about riders and teams . the clampets at the bspa cannot get a simple thing correct ..

god help our sport . looks like its not only the NHS that need special measures . dumbo.s . taking money for the job they are supposed to know all about , jeez . . .

Could say it was a deliberate ploy to get people talking about the event but it was my mistake