British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Where? When? Is This Years Ben Fund Meeting (2017) Being Held?

The BSPA should Not allow the meeting below to take place in Britain , Top world class riders who won't do the Ben Fund but will do the Darcy Ward event, it's so wrong, British Speedway riders badly injured and top riders not interested.

Friday, March 24, 2017 : DARCY WARD INVITATIONAL SPEEDWAY MEETING

Poole Speedway, Poole, England.

An all star benefit speedway spectacular including some of the top names and World class riders from around the globe will descend on Poole Stadium for this special night in aid of the Darcy Ward Foundation.

Watch out for news of riders taking part and special events associated with this important fundraisng initiative which is set to be the opening event at Poole in 2017.

I can understand your frustration regarding not enough being done for injured English riders. I was at Hyde Road the night Alan Wilkinson had is accident against Swindon (Did not look a bad one to be honest) was at Brum when Joe Owen had his & also at Somerset when Garry Stead had his life changing accident. I must be a bloody jinx!! But the one I personally feel for is Alan, wish more could be done for him.

I can understand your frustration regarding not enough being done for injured English riders. I was at Hyde Road the night Alan Wilkinson had is accident against Swindon (Did not look a bad one to be honest) was at Brum when Joe Owen had his & also at Somerset when Garry Stead had his life changing accident. I must be a bloody jinx!! But the one I personally feel for is Alan, wish more could be done for him.

You want to just limit it to English riders? There are some north of the border as well and no doubt some in Wales.

To me it just shows the different circles which operate in speedway. You have the higher echelon of riders, in the GP series and riding in Poland, Sweden, Denmark and occasionally Britain. They have their own circle. Then you have your doubling up Premiership and Championship riders who will meet each other regularly as well. The groups will look after their own.

You want to just limit it to English riders? There are some north of the border as well and no doubt some in Wales.

To me it just shows the different circles which operate in speedway. You have the higher echelon of riders, in the GP series and riding in Poland, Sweden, Denmark and occasionally Britain. They have their own circle. Then you have your doubling up Premiership and Championship riders who will meet each other regularly as well. The groups will look after their own.

Agree with your points but stand by what I said

Just wondered if other parts of Britain qualified

I think he meant that , not that there's a great deal of representation in our leagues from other parts of the UK outside of England these days anyway . But i'd prefer the strongest possible field contesting the event rather than just limited to a certain section of riders .

Edited by Paulco

I think he meant that , not that there's a great deal of representation in our leagues from other parts of the UK outside of England these days anyway . But i'd prefer the strongest possible field contesting the event rather than just limited to a certain section of riders .

We need to judge the Ben fund line up to the Darcy Ward line up then ask questions.

We need to judge the Ben fund line up to the Darcy Ward line up then ask questions.

Forget the Darcy Ward meeting , it is what it is . The Benfund will be well supported whether it's mainly Championship riders that contest it .

• Like 4

Forget the Darcy Ward meeting , it is what it is . The Benfund will be well supported whether it's mainly Championship riders that contest it .

See you there Paul.

See you there Paul.

You will indeed

OK, who's riding in this, just two weeks away, I know two or three Bandits will get us there but who else please?

post 7 on this thread has some of the competing riders , add Ricky Wells to that list , which leaves about 4 names to be added

Claus Vissing, Thomas Jorgensen, Lewis Bridger, Aaron Summers, Kevin Doolan, James Sarjeant, Steve Worrall, Richard Lawson, Ben Barker, Ricky Wells, Richie Worrall, Stuart Robson, Max Clegg, Nike Lunna plus one to be named.

Claus Vissing, Thomas Jorgensen, Lewis Bridger, Aaron Summers, Kevin Doolan, James Sarjeant, Steve Worrall, Richard Lawson, Ben Barker, Ricky Wells, Richie Worrall, Stuart Robson, Max Clegg, Nike Lunna plus one to be named.

That's 14 names so two still to come, we need to hope they'll be bigger than the likes of Clegg and Lunna.