British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Where? When? Is This Years Ben Fund Meeting (2017) Being Held?

That's 14 names so two still to come, we need to hope they'll be bigger than the likes of Clegg and Lunna.

It is what it is , that's the way the Benfund has been the last few years . I'll still go and support the riders who are willing to participate

• Like 2

Pity more riders are not willing to participate and support the cause.

• Like 2

It is what it is , that's the way the Benfund has been the last few years . I'll still go and support the riders who are willing to participate

Can't really agree with that, Paul. Last year we had the likes of Bomber, Krysztof Kasprzak, Cookie, Rory Schlein, Jason Doyle, Bjarne Pedersen, Ostergaard, Danny King, Simon Stead and Lambert in it, plus the riders who do deserve kudos for service to the Benfund cause like Barker, Doolan and the Worralls.

This year there seems to a serious shortage of upper-end class -- although maybe we'll still get a couple of big names to round out the field.

Can't really agree with that, Paul. Last year we had the likes of Bomber, Krysztof Kasprzak, Cookie, Rory Schlein, Jason Doyle, Bjarne Pedersen, Ostergaard, Danny King, Simon Stead and Lambert in it, plus the riders who do deserve kudos for service to the Benfund cause like Barker, Doolan and the Worralls.

This year there seems to a serious shortage of upper-end class -- although maybe we'll still get a couple of big names to round out the field.

Maybe they don't like venturing north for this . As I recall , when Berwick staged it , apart from the winner Mads Korneiionsen ( ok spelling lol ) , it was mainly 2nd tier riders .

Maybe they don't like venturing north for this . As I recall , when Berwick staged it , apart from the winner Mads Korneiionsen ( ok spelling lol ) , it was mainly 2nd tier riders .

Mainly PL riders at Berwick I accept (Topinka drew a lot away, paying appearance money for his meeting at KL the same night) but Mads K, Hans Andersen, Bomber Harris and Cam Woodward put a little cream on the meeting.

Hopefully, the cream -- the last two manes -- has yet to be announced for Ashfield?

Mainly PL riders at Berwick I accept (Topinka drew a lot away, paying appearance money for his meeting at KL the same night) but Mads K, Hans Andersen, Bomber Harris and Cam Woodward put a little cream on the meeting.

Hopefully, the cream -- the last two manes -- has yet to be announced for Ashfield?

If there's not , then so be it . There's enough decent riders in the field to make it an entertaining afternoon for a worthwhile cause

• Like 1

Topinka had his farewell meeting on the Friday before Berwick's Ben Fund Meeting whilst Freddie Lindgren had his testimonial the day after Berwick's meeting hence the lack of superstars supporting the Ben Fund meeting. At least this time there are no other meetings to clash with Glasgow's meeting.

At least this time there are no other meetings to clash with Glasgow's meeting.

Unfortunately there is an Old Firm match at Parkhead kicking off at 12pm which will. There will be speedway people who will be there rather than the speedway as its largely the only meaningful match in the barren wasteland of Scottish football. However the biggest issue might be that people will be put off going into town to avoid the usual traffic congestion and avoid the morons who only come out post Old Firm.

I think we might have made a horses arse of the date for this bearing in mind most fans will come from GLA. Hopefully they set up online payment in advance for this who wish to contribute but wont end up attending.

• Like 4

Outwith Glasgow speedway unfortunately, it was Paul Ackroyd the Ben Fund organiser who selected the date, I believe Alan Dick who is heavily involved at the SFA did indicate that it was possible the old film game would be moved from the Saturday to the Sunday and would clash with the benefit meeting.

• Like 1

David Howe is in it as well so that is all 16 am I right?

Aaron Summers

Richard Lawson

Richie Worrall

Steve Worrall

Ricky Wells

Thomas Jorgensen

Claus Vissing

Kevin Doolan

Lewis Bridger

Ben Barker

Stuart Robson

James Sarjeant

David Howe

Nike Lunna

Max Clegg

Chris Harris

Doesn't matter what the lineup is all you need is reasonable weather and the guys blowing the cobwebs off with nobody getting injured

David Howe is in it as well so that is all 16 am I right?

Aaron Summers

Richard Lawson

Richie Worrall

Steve Worrall

Ricky Wells

Thomas Jorgensen

Claus Vissing

Kevin Doolan

Lewis Bridger

Ben Barker

Stuart Robson

James Sarjeant

David Howe

Nike Lunna

Max Clegg

Chris Harris

I haven't the foggiest why my previous quote has appeared within the post I was quoting Edited by Triple.H.

Roll on next Sunday. It's time to catch up with my speedway pals again :cheers:

• Like 2

Delighted to see that Ricky Ashworth will be there on Sunday, he can be sure of a heroes reception.

• Like 4