British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

As Joonas Kylmakorpi has now retired, I wonder who will be the next Swedish rider in line for a place in the qualifiers?

Ridiculous that uk get only 2 spots.

Poland and Denmark certainly deserve more.

GB should get roughly the same as Sweden and Aussie, can understand a place less. Without a doubt should be more than any of the other nations, you could argue Russia is a possible exception but when did emil or the Lagutas last enter?

• Like 1

As Joonas Kylmakorpi has now retired, I wonder who will be the next Swedish rider in line for a place in the qualifiers?

Bertnzon and then Palovaara. Posted earlier in the thread.

See the Danish qualifier was abandoned last night and won't be run.The DMU are now going to pick their nominations!!!! :o

See the Danish qualifier was abandoned last night and won't be run.The DMU are now going to pick their nominations!!!! :o

I smell a rubbishstorm!!! :lol:

I hope they pick MJJ

I smell a rubbishstorm!!! :lol:

Porsing has already promised to take acu license for 2018.
  • Like 1

Rudi Steen Hansen who is the manager for the Danish speedway commission thinks that the riders gave up too early.

A decision will be taken early next week on how to handle the situation.

http://sport.tv2.dk/motorsport/2017-04-22-speedwayboss-om-aflyst-loeb-koererne-gav-for-tidligt-op

Rudi Steen Hansen who is the manager for the Danish speedway commission thinks that the riders gave up too early.

A decision will be taken early next week on how to handle the situation.

http://sport.tv2.dk/motorsport/2017-04-22-speedwayboss-om-aflyst-loeb-koererne-gav-for-tidligt-op

Who is/Why is Rudi S Hansen the supremo of the 2nd biggest speedway power in the world?

Who is/Why is Rudi S Hansen the supremo of the 2nd biggest speedway power in the world?

He is a former Holsted Speedway board member/chairman/manager, being involved with Holsted speedway for some 20 years.

He was elected new "foreman"/manager for the Danish speedway commission on a "repræsentantskabsmøde" held during the last weekend in February.

http://www.holsted-speedway.dk/nyheder/rudi+steen+hansen+takkede+af_586/

http://www.jv.dk/sport/Speedwaysportens-nye-foerstemand-er-fra-Holsted/artikel/2483573

Edited by Ghostwalker

His son Martin has also been riding for quite sometime now.I was actually surprised to see he was included in some f the national training days Hans and Erik organised a few weeks back.Never really done anything apart from win a junior comp at Güstrow which wasn't very strong anyway.

DMU release

The drivers who will attend the World Cup quarterfinals are Michael Jepsen Jensen, Kenneth Bjerre and Mikkel Michelsen with Rasmus Jensen and René Bach as reserve. The race will be held in Esbjerg on May 6th. Leon Madsen runs the quarterfinals in Zarnovica also on May 6, and Peter Kildemand and Hans Andersen will drive in Abensberg on June 5th.
  • Like 1

The allocations are unfair, but lets not delude ourselves that British riders have been pushing for GP Qualification.

Very interesting reading on this topic in regards to this issue that has been addressed and I thank Dutch Grasstrack for the allocation tallies being posted.

In one way, I very much agree with the above post. GB has been very poor over the last few years in qualifying and don't deserve many spots but on average usually one Brit does make the Challenge final.

2 spots is absolutely dreadful in comparison to the same as Norway and the Czechs and Slovenians getting more would have me already question some kind of corruption or an odd motive in regards to selections.

Does Castagna and co not realise we get to nearly every World Team Cup Final year on year and where some of these nations who have been allocated more, cannot even reach the semi finals of the WTC.

Danny King was good in the Cardiff GP last year and he is worthy of a place as is Robert Lambert who is still young but made the challenge last year.

So after that we have Cook, Harris, S Worrall and so on.

Now surely those riders are beating the majority of those Eastern European allocations except for the Poles. Even the Swedish and Danish allocations are being beat by those riders on the day.

I think the GB has been treated appallingly on this matter and sometimes it's not to do with the winning but the experience in the taking part.