British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

Milik is really turning into a favorite rider of mine and I'm really pulling for him to make it into the GP. Also Lebedev this year seems to be turning a corner and I could see him riding in the GP in the not to distant future. Did he participate in the GP Challenge this year? He had some very exciting races in the World Cup.

Lebedevs raced in the Zarnovica round but failed to qualify. He finished 8th with only 7 riders going in to the semi finals.

In what respect ?

Sorting flights out is not the easiest for this one R&R

Sorting flights out is not the easiest for this one R&R

Plenty of options available when I was looking.

We fly Dusseldorf - Istanbul - Samara.

When I booked 3 weeks ago Finnair was the best option, now appears to be Aeroflot if flying from London, about £300. Times aren't great, but who needs sleep?

When I booked 3 weeks ago Finnair was the best option, now appears to be Aeroflot if flying from London, about £300. Times aren't great, but who needs sleep?

Same here with the times.

We land around 3am on saturday, and fly back at 2am sunday haha.

Top 3 is impossible to predict but Laguta surely have an advantage in riding on a track that very few of the others have seen before.

Injuries might also play a part in who and who don't qualify. I also don't think we'll see Fricke, surely he can't ride with broken vertebrae?.

It seems that there is no confirmation yet about his replacement. Might be other changes as well.

Aerflot looks my best option

Miedzinski is still injured and I think that it is doubtful if he can ride.

Singapore Airlines flies Stockholm - Moscow (- Singapore) with a very nice Airbus A350.

I see that Patryk Dudek is taking a single engine with him to Togliatti and just borrowing a frame out there from a local...You have to think this will compromise his chances in the meeting.

The article that mentions this also has his flight plans detailed....they don't sound very appealing :)

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/704920/tak-patryk-dudek-bedzie-podrozowal-na-grand-prix-challenge-do-togliatii-bierze-t

That sounds a nightmare and certainly not the best preparation for such an important meeting.

I wonder what challenges Cookie will face to get there? Be interesting to know.

That sounds a nightmare and certainly not the best preparation for such an important meeting.

I wonder what challenges Cookie will face to get there? Be interesting to know.

hope its not £200 a point or the toys will come out.

• Like 1

I see that Patryk Dudek is taking a single engine with him to Togliatti and just borrowing a frame out there from a local...You have to think this will compromise his chances in the meeting.

The article that mentions this also has his flight plans detailed....they don't sound very appealing :)

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/704920/tak-patryk-dudek-bedzie-podrozowal-na-grand-prix-challenge-do-togliatii-bierze-t

With all the corruption in that part of the world he's probably prepared to lose an engine but not a whole fleet of bikes

Edited by Triple.H.

This meeting will mean very little to him now as he's certain to make top 8 in the GP series