British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

So proud of Cookie, hope it's enough, we all know how patriotic he is, will be absolutely great to support him in the GP series ....

• Like 3

Good job Mr Cook.

Looks like we'll have a proper Brit to cheer in the GP's next year...

• Like 4

Congratulations to Craig, never expected a 4th place finish so all being well will be in the GP 2018.

At least Woffy can show him how to be a proper British winner.

Well done Cookie.Must admit i didn't know it was an afternoon/evening meeting,so just scrolled through the updates without looking at the scores.After seeing a first race duck i feared the worst.But then getting 11pts out of a possible 12pts was a truly brilliant effort in that field of riders.

Can't believe i will be cheering on a Pole in the next few GP's.But if that's what it takes to get a true Brit back in the GP's then so be it.

C'mon Dudek :t:

IMO that 11 points was a "hugh" win for Craig Cooke.

From a high at being British Champ for the first time, to the lack lustre performance in the WTC final, then a bad run in the Premier league, together with missing some meetings, I was worried for him.

Then coming last in his first ride, he has done really well to get 11 from 12 in his next four rides.

Thats on a track he had not seen before, and was it right he only took an engine with him, borrowing a rolling chassis (not the best preparation), against some top riders, including some from the current and past GP's. Craig has done extremely well.

• Like 1

Well done cookie hopefully dudek stays in the top 8 and we can have TWO brits in the GPs next year

• Like 1

He so nearly blew it. Really only needed 3rd after killer blew it, but 2nd to be sure. So close to going through the tapes, did a double jump but just missed them, all four back then no problem.

After the worries in the pits at lunchtime saying that the track was going to be just the white line, it wasn't too bad. Someone mentioned earlier how the Russians love a track grade, but this appeared to be mainly down to Phil Morris insisting they got it right,but the Russians needed plenty of breaks due to the fact that they all smoke and wanted to out for a fag. But one has to question the point of track grades at certain tracks and this one in particular. The racing was much better 2 heats after a grade, so why have so many? I know they have to have a break to allow the riders in 4,8 etc to have a break, but I honestly think this track might have been better without so much grading, but that's just my untrained thoughts.

Is this p!ace ready for a GP, can't imagine many places would let someone like me into the pits and into the jury room without any wristband or accreditation, but as soon as I spoke English I was just waved through, I only wanted a yarn with some riders and a free programme pack, mission accomplished, I'm sure if they get a GP they'll tighten things up a bit.

Finishing order:

Przemyslaw Pawlick

Artem Laguta

Patryk Dudek

Craig Cook

Michael Jepsen Jensen

Piotr Pawlicki

Peter Kildemand

Vaclav Milik

Kai Huckenbeck

Leon Madsen

Mateusz Szczepaniak

Matej Zagar

Gleb Chugunov

Martin Smolinsk

Andrei Kudriashov

Roman Lakhbaum

Martin Vaculik

If I'd have been Craig in that line up, I might have crumbled. The number of big names is overwhelming. And did I get it right that Craig posted a zero in his first ride? To finish 4th is outstanding. You are on the verge my boy. The Dude won't finish out of the top 8. You have a chance to be our next hero. Line up those sponsors. Get the tuner you like. This is it. A top 8 finish next year, and the World's your lobster.

• Like 3

I should maybe point out that I am a huge Cookie fan and I'm absolutely delighted that he has been able to put a tough few weeks behind him and deliver such a good result today.

I'm just not wanting to get ahead of things and celebrate his inclusion in 2018 until it's certain... stranger things have happened in speedway in the past.

Bollocks

There's more than one... HenryW is quite right, Craig Cook has not yet qualified for the 2018 series (although his participation seems likely) - injuries are far from unknown in Speedway.

Terrific. I'm sure you'll sleep tonight.

Bollocks

You mustn't be so shy. Tell us what you really think. :wink:

The dichotomy of British Speedway...

Absolutely made up for Cook tonight...

Yet at the same time, couldn't give a toss about my team gaining four points towards winning a Mickey Mouse League, gaining those points in a select team guest fest at Leicester...

Strange Sport Speedway in Britain...

Credible success means something I guess...

• Like 1

Bollocks

Thanks for that detailed response.

Maybe you could clarify which part is bollocks?

The part where I said I was a big Cookie fan...Lifelong Monarchs fan and Cookie is an absolute legend at the club, joining us as an unwanted second string and quickly becoming probably our best rider ever.

Or maybe the part where I said I'd wait to celebrate when it's certain? The sad fact is that Dudek could have a season ending injury at any time and then Cookie would not be a qualifier.

I'd hope that if that happened he would still be offered a wildcard for the series based on his performance in this meeting, but with some big names and big Nations likely to need a place that isn't guaranteed.

• Like 5