British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

Well done Cookie, a great performance and being totally honest not one i was really expecting. He deserves a crack at the GP,s

Admit never been a big Craig Cook fan and doubted he could get there,but hats off to him and well done Craig Cook!! You proved me wrong.

• Like 5

Thanks for that detailed response.

Maybe you could clarify which part is bollocks?

The part where I said I was a big Cookie fan...Lifelong Monarchs fan and Cookie is an absolute legend at the club, joining us as an unwanted second string and quickly becoming probably our best rider ever.

Or maybe the part where I said I'd wait to celebrate when it's certain? The sad fact is that Dudek could have a season ending injury at any time and then Cookie would not be a qualifier.

I'd hope that if that happened he would still be offered a wildcard for the series based on his performance in this meeting, but with some big names and big Nations likely to need a place that isn't guaranteed.

I admire your pragmatism.

The lad is through barring an injury to dudek.

Well done to Craig. , a real shot in the arm for British Speedway, having another Brit in the GP series can't be a bad thing

• Like 1

Fantastic to see Craig Cook make SGP next season, certainly returned to top form just at the right time.

• Like 1

The part where I said I was a big Cookie fan...Lifelong Monarchs fan and Cookie is an absolute legend at the club, joining us as an unwanted second string and quickly becoming probably our best rider ever.

Don't forget Jack Young

• Like 1

Superb achievement, well done Craig Cook. And to do it after finishing last in his first ride makes it an even better effort.

Not a fan of Dudek but lets hope he has a decent end to the season and confirms Cook's place.

Is there a meeting today at Togliatti? Remember someone saying that there would be extra for the riders that cone to Togliatti...

Well done Craig Cook. Terrific performance away from home in a World Class field and with a first ride zero.

Hopefully Craig can now attract some more British sponsors to give him a package equipped for the competition of the GP series

• Like 2

Is there a meeting today at Togliatti? Remember someone saying that there would be extra for the riders that cone to Togliatti...

I think it was the memorial heats which they held after the challenge.

They ran it a bit wierd though. First they did the 20+1 heats plus prize giving cermoney, after that most of the crowd left. Memorial heats (2 semi + 1 final) was held after it.

well done craig it gives brittish speedway a shot in the arm and we need it :t:

what are the chances in 2 or 3 yrs uk could have more gp riders than sweden or denmark??

Chances are we'll have more than Denmark next year.

• Like 1

I think it was the memorial heats which they held after the challenge.

They ran it a bit wierd though. First they did the 20+1 heats plus prize giving cermoney, after that most of the crowd left. Memorial heats (2 semi + 1 final) was held after it.

Only way to do it really... which is why I thought it was a daft idea to do with a GP challenge.

But anyways, it's ridden now, results are in so time to live with it...