British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

what are the chances in 2 or 3 yrs uk could have more gp riders than sweden or denmark??

What are the chances in 3 or 4 years Poland could have 10 riders in GP?

Before that happens the FIM will proably limit the amount of riders from 1 country,like they do with Russia in ice speedway.......

A shame in some ways but I want the 15 best riders to compete. Its madness that we have to have wild cards based on nationality not ability

A shame in some ways but I want the 15 best riders to compete. Its madness that we have to have wild cards based on nationality not ability

Thats because nationalism gets in the way.

If you want to see the top riders you have to forget which country they come from, and I dont see that happening.

If it was 10 Poles (or Swedes, or Danes, or UK) plus 6 others then fans would still want to say how good their countries riders are so they can brag and boast about it.

As Iris 123 says FIM will probably put a limit on one country

Even in the 60's/70's/80's you didnt get the best riders in the world because there was a limit how many qualified from different qualifying championships. Always been the case I suppose.

yeah I remember moaning about Tai getting a wildcard for 2013 series based on nationality as his ability in 2012 was nowhere near GP, but it turned out quite well for him and the series ;)

Interzona (FIM TV) was there to film the event. Should be online soon.

Interzona (FIM TV) was there to film the event. Should be online soon.

Sure i have seen a link on facebook a few hours ago to video,but not sure who's as i never looked

Thanks for the link Iris, but I hope the meeting was more exciting for the riders then it must have been for the fans. If that typifies the racing at Toggliati then I hope it doesnt get on the GP circuit list. Terrible.

And I think Artum laguta next year will prove to be a flop, if he gates he has a chance of winning the race, but as a racer.....not half as good as say 2 years ago.

Thanks for the link Iris, but I hope the meeting was more exciting for the riders then it must have been for the fans. If that typifies the racing at Toggliati then I hope it doesnt get on the GP circuit list. Terrible.

And I think Artum laguta next year will prove to be a flop, if he gates he has a chance of winning the race, but as a racer.....not half as good as say 2 years ago.

Think that will be a good GP track.

Disagree, he is a far better ridea now than when he was in the GPS 5? years ago. On form this year he us arguably the best rider not in the GPS. Not sure he will be top 10 but will be competitive.Would rate him higher than say Vaculik who currently sits top 8.

The most recent times I've seen Artem, it looks like he'd struggle to pass water. Seems he may be a first or last kind of rider, depending on his starts. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, for the fans' sake. I also don't think Iversen or Holder deserve a wildcard either but they will have the Danish Champion and the Monster man no doubt.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Couple years ago I though both Artum and Gregori should have been in the GPs, not now, both are excellent on a good day, but for the GPs you have to be good at every GP.

Martin Vaculick is the same, cracking rider when he is on it, still above average when he's not, but not on it enough.