British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Arguement over the format according to speedway star.

SCB trying to impose NJL format on MDL, 2x500cc & 2x125cc riders, whilst MDL want to keep old format

What the hell is the SCB doing poking their nose in? They do nothing to assist the MDL in fact quite the opposite so why are they trying to ruin things further?

• Like 1

Mdl is to bring new riders into a NL team, a rider who is a top MDL rider will learn nothing/improve riding against the smaller cc bike as it's a total different class. With Leicester now not running any mdl meetings instead having smaller bikes is it really needed? What will the scb gain from this change apart from there being less of a chance of a up and coming British NL rider

The NJL is a poor spectacle for spectators. same 4 riders against each other all the time. Much prefer 6 x 500cc heats.

Six 500 hundred heats is still the same four riders in the mdl format so your point is what

• Like 1

Six 500 hundred heats is still the same four riders in the mdl format so your point is what

Six heats containing 8 riders so differing line ups throughout. However that's not the point. The point is the organisers who put in all the effort for the MDL want to run it as it has been since it's inception. Six heats of 500cc racing for riders who either started later or are not ready for NL racing after the youth rounds.

Why should they be dictated to by the bspa who do little/nothing for the MDL except give them more hoops to jump through & raise the prices.

I for one hope that they stand together on this, stick to their guns & refuse to enter unless it's in the format that all the orgainising teams want. Then we will see how Vatcher & his bspa chums react to potentially closing down the best league in this country.

• Like 1

Six heats containing 8 riders so differing line ups throughout. However that's not the point. The point is the organisers who put in all the effort for the MDL want to run it as it has been since it's inception. Six heats of 500cc racing for riders who either started later or are not ready for NL racing after the youth rounds.

Why should they be dictated to by the bspa who do little/nothing for the MDL except give them more hoops to jump through & raise the prices.

I for one hope that they stand together on this, stick to their guns & refuse to enter unless it's in the format that all the orgainising teams want. Then we will see how Vatcher & his bspa chums react to potentially closing down the best league in this country.

they will gladly watch it fold , then there will be massive crowds at Vatchers youth championships , wanting to see the 8 future riders battle it out on 125s with half a lap gaps , MDL was a complete waste of time , name me one rider who has gone from MDL to the higher leagues , the MDL was nothing but a thorn in the sides of the promoters and referees , , sometimes the poor refs had to stay on for a full 10 minutes while the 6 races were run , and the demands of the lads riding MDL were getting ridiculous , some of them were even calling for enough time to get their breath back before their next race , and the promoters can do without the burden of their wage and travel expenses in these hard times , good riddance I say , the supporters would much rather listen to some inane drivel in an interview than watch kids developing anyway ,so best thing all round would be,to let some of vatchers schoolkids ride aimlessly round until curfew , then find the step up to NL too much and pack the sport in altogether ,

• Like 1

I will be bolstering the crowds at a youth round so that i can find Vatcher and have some very choice words with him. Would be nice if some of the beneficiaries from MDL racing could pop along too as a demonstration of the riders who have progressed through it.

I believe the deadline was yesterday from team registration so i guess by now the fate has been decided?

I will be bolstering the crowds at a youth round so that i can find Vatcher and have some very choice words with him. Would be nice if some of the beneficiaries from MDL racing could pop along too as a demonstration of the riders who have progressed through it.

I believe the deadline was yesterday from team registration so i guess by now the fate has been decided?

For the record, Neil Vatcher had no influence whatsoever in the decision that was reached by the SCB in respect of the MDL and proposed new SJL. The organisers of these leagues are aware why it was decided that the NJL format is the only acceptable one to be used.

For the record, Neil Vatcher had no influence whatsoever in the decision that was reached by the SCB in respect of the MDL and proposed new SJL. The organisers of these leagues are aware why it was decided that the NJL format is the only acceptable one to be used.

Perhaps the SCB would be so kind as to confirm why they felt there is now only one acceptable format despite running for the past few years without any objections?

In addition what support and benefits are the SCB now going to offer after imposing the sanctions on the format?

Perhaps the SCB would be so kind as to confirm why they felt there is now only one acceptable format despite running for the past few years without any objections?

In addition what support and benefits are the SCB now going to offer after imposing the sanctions on the format?

and of course ,why it is necesary to charge double for licenses and management fees for teams who dont have their own track , Long eaton could run at leicester under leicester cubs for half the money it would cost to run as long eaton , slightly less interest of course from the sponsors and local newspapers who supported them for six years , but hey maybe thats what the BSPA want , keep it all a big secret . you couldnt make this shyt up ..

• Like 3

For the record, Neil Vatcher had no influence whatsoever in the decision that was reached by the SCB in respect of the MDL and proposed new SJL. The organisers of these leagues are aware why it was decided that the NJL format is the only acceptable one to be used.[/quote

So, Gordon be kind enough to tell us who made the decision and why the NJL format is the only acceptable one. Over the years I have been a regular sponsor of MDL events and as such feel I deserve an explanation.

Thanks in anticipation.

For the record, Neil Vatcher had no influence whatsoever in the decision that was reached by the SCB in respect of the MDL and proposed new SJL. The organisers of these leagues are aware why it was decided that the NJL format is the only acceptable one to be used.[/quote

So, Gordon be kind enough to tell us who made the decision and why the NJL format is the only acceptable one. Over the years I have been a regular sponsor of MDL events and as such feel I deserve an explanation.

Thanks in anticipation.

these muppets think there's hundreds of kids with 125s who can take time off school to race in away meetings .and get home at midnioght on schooldays for home meetings . as ever , the people running the sport (into the ground ) , have their heads shoved so far up their own arses they cannot see what an average 10 year old can see , what shame the best thing to happen in speedway for decades has been ruined by dickheads

• Like 1

these muppets think there's hundreds of kids with 125s who can take time off school to race in away meetings .and get home at midnioght on schooldays for home meetings . as ever , the people running the sport (into the ground ) , have their heads shoved so far up their own arses they cannot see what an average 10 year old can see , what shame the best thing to happen in speedway for decades has been ruined by dickheads

Where do you get 500 riders from. Usually progression from 125/150 and also through 250's. We are all part of a feeder system like any sport organisation should oversee. The MDL is part of that.

Just because it doesn't suit you does not make it wrong. Very eloquently put BTW, not.

Where do you get 500 riders from. Usually progression from 125/150 and also through 250's. We are all part of a feeder system like any sport organisation should oversee. The MDL is part of that.

Just because it doesn't suit you does not make it wrong. Very eloquently put BTW, not.

Whilst I'm not going to disagree that more could be done to give all youth riders more track time and not just the chosen few. The MDL is not in my opinion the place for it. It was created as a NL feeder league / speedway rider finishing school where skills could be honed before stepping up.

It feels at the moment there is a real panic about fast tracking youth riders through to patch the holes that currently exist elsewhere in the sport