British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

The only team I've heard mentioned is Reading, and if that is correct, then there is some confusion as to whether they will operate at Iwade, Eastbourne or maybe somewhere else!!

Crazy really to think the speedway season is now under way, and these proposed leagues (MDL & SJL) are being kept a dark secret.

Kent kings SDL side will run out of Iwade. Tbf the youngsters and newbies round here we could put 2 or 3 teams in the MDL format.

Can't believe anyone in their right mind is trying to use the NJL format. I ve spoken to no one whom rides who has any interest in what is frankly a mickey mouse format.

As mentioned elsewhere 4 × 500cc bikes a side. If you want 250cc or 125cc then give them demonstration races after heats 2,4,6 to give the mdl boys a chance to refuel and get breath back.

• Like 3

Kent kings SDL side will run out of Iwade. Tbf the youngsters and newbies round here we could put 2 or 3 teams in the MDL format.

Can't believe anyone in their right mind is trying to use the NJL format. I ve spoken to no one whom rides who has any interest in what is frankly a mickey mouse format.

As mentioned elsewhere 4 × 500cc bikes a side. If you want 250cc or 125cc then give them demonstration races after heats 2,4,6 to give the mdl boys a chance to refuel and get breath back.

Completely agree with every single word of the above spoken.

As for the use of Iwade has this been confirmed how it will run? As i am led to believe MDL/SJL would require an SCB referee & appropriate first aid cover? Hence why the current matches piggy back onto league meetings to reduce costs.

Completely agree with every single word of the above spoken.

As for the use of Iwade has this been confirmed how it will run? As i am led to believe MDL/SJL would require an SCB referee & appropriate first aid cover? Hence why the current matches piggy back onto league meetings to reduce costs.

What insurance costs would/will be involved in staging these type of meetings. I thought it ran into four figures, but might be wrong.

Would be required to have a air fence if it's got anything to do with the BSPA