British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
correy

Pairs Somerset

Can any one tell me if the pairs at Somerset is happening this year thanks

Nobody knows for sure yet as none of those type of meeting ( fours , pairs , riders championships ) appeared on the fixtures, but i'd be amazed if it isn't . Though which particular pairs i'm not so sure , whether it's a Premiership Pairs or a Championship Pairs the night before Cardiff .

If it was the Premiership then Cov v Belle Vue wouldn't have been scheduled for that night. The absence of any CL fixtures on the Friday makes it clear that it is intended to carry on as per previous years.

Can any one tell me if the pairs at Somerset is happening this year thanks

Can't see them changing a good thing. Although no home team this time!

Nobody knows for sure yet as none of those type of meeting ( fours , pairs , riders championships ) appeared on the fixtures, but i'd be amazed if it isn't . Though which particular pairs i'm not so sure , whether it's a Premiership Pairs or a Championship Pairs the night before Cardiff .

Already been announced Premiership pairs will be at Rye House and Championship pairs at Somerset

Already been announced Premiership pairs will be at Rye House and Championship pairs at Somerset

Mystery solved then

Why don't they give it a go as a "BEST PAIRS HANDICAP" meeting? Have pair from Premiership and Championship involved?

Rather than have different starting points to differentiate between the riders abilities, add some weight to the Premiership riders bikes? Could be based on their average?

Could this type of event work?

Why don't they give it a go as a "BEST PAIRS HANDICAP" meeting? Have pair from Premiership and Championship involved?

Rather than have different starting points to differentiate between the riders abilities, add some weight to the Premiership riders bikes? Could be based on their average?

Could this type of event work?

Handicaps not needed , it's mostly the same riders in both leagues anyway

Line-up for the SGB Premiership Pairs on March 31 coming together now. Just Belle Vue and Rye House to declare their pairings:

Belle Vue: TBC
King's Lynn: Chris Holder & Robert Lambert
Leicester: Kim Nilsson & Kevin Wolbert
Poole: Brady Kurtz & Krzysztof Kasprzak
Rye House: TBC
Somerset: Rohan Tungate & Patrick Hougaard
Swindon: Jason Doyle & Nick Morris
Wolverhampton: Freddie Lindgren & Jacob Thorssell

Would make Swindon the favourites but hoping the Stars duo can give a decent account of themselves.

Easy win for the Stars this one.

• Like 1

Stars favourites, from swindon/poole. Aces and wolves also capable of coming close. And Somerset well capable of making top 3. Leicester stone cold last imo.

Assuming these are the final line ups, and Aces have 2 from cook/fricke/bjerre then I'll go.

KL

Poole

Swindon

Somerset

Wolves

Aces

Leicester

Surprised that Leicester have gone for Wolbert, would be surprised if he beat anyone on that list.

If Doyle is fully fit after his injury then I'd make Swindon favourites

what I love about these pairs meetings is that it's all about avoiding a last place with the 4-3-2-0 scoring system and there are often so many battles going on in the same race.

the PL Pairs is always one of my favourite of the season and with the top league pairings this really should be a cracker, Somerset is great for this.

I want Kings Lynn to win, but as long as there's great racing I go home happy

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 1