British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
correy

Pairs Somerset

Josh Auty needs a ban for trying to punch Bjerre off his bike. Should've stuck to his retirement the baby.

Come across some joke speedway fans throughout the years of being a supporter, but the 5/6 Workington fans on the 3rd/4th bend who were booing the Sheffield pair and calling Kyle Howarth a disgrace after getting to his feet after Charles Wright had took him out from behind are an absolute disgrace. Complete bitter, brain dead group of invalids.

Well the Workington fans on the first bend were certainly not booing Kyle, I didn't agree with the decision but hey ho !!!!

A long drawn out boring meeting where if you weren't off gates 1 and 3 you'd had it, home track advantage prevailed once again , these meetings should be on a neutral track, complete farce, poor crowd considering all teams were in it.

I did think it was bad pulling Sheffield team onto the grass for celebrations when the Ambulance hadn't even come off the left with Charles Wright, very disrespectful

Shocking refereeing display.

What should have been a Scunthorpe / Glasgow final turned into a Sheffield / Redcar one.

Referee bottled excluding a Sheffield rider in both the semi-final and final.

Hope Charles Wright is OK.

All the best

Rob

Which Sheffield rider should have been excluded?

the one who Auty tried to knock off on the first bend, who for some unknown reason was warned for dangerous riding, which I always thought was a straight exclusion?

or the one that was in front when auty tried to go round him and ran out of track?

just interested.

cant comment on the Glasgow incident as I couldn't see it but the reaction of the crowd said it all to me

They were going to hold it on a neutral track, but it was rained off.

The crowd would have been great at Somerset, it always is on that night.

you mean the neutral track that is the home track to Josh G, Charles Wright and Richard Lawson,

• Like 3

Which Sheffield rider should have been excluded?

The one who fenced Josh Auty on the third bend, by moving across and taking his line away. Josh can't dematerialise out of the way, strangely enough.

Although not sure why the race was stopped in the first time of asking. The Scunthorpe camp were told it was because Auty moved at the start, but did anyone see any movement? The ref certainly left it very late - the riders were entering the third turn by the time the race was stopped.

You need a bit of luck to win and Sheffield certainly had that yesterday.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

The one who fenced Josh Auty on the third bend, by moving across and taking his line away. Josh can't dematerialise out of the way, strangely enough.

Although not sure why the race was stopped in the first time of asking. The Scunthorpe camp were told it was because Auty moved at the start, but did anyone see any movement? The ref certainly left it very late - the riders were entering the third turn by the time the race was stopped.

You need a bit of luck to win and Sheffield certainly had that yesterday.

All the best

Rob

The race was stopped because Auty tried to deliberately put Bjerre into the fence to stop his outside run, luckily Bjerre stayed on his bike and didn't get injured, so Auty shouldn't even have been in the race at all.

A Scunthorpe supporting friend of ours didn't have a problem with what Bjerre did on the third bend, in fact his comment was that he knows Auty is an idiot but at least he is our idiot, so he didn't agree with your take on what happened on the third bent either,

The race was stopped because Auty tried to deliberately put Bjerre into the fence to stop his outside run, luckily Bjerre stayed on his bike and didn't get injured, so Auty shouldn't even have been in the race at all.

No, that's not why the race was stopped - it's certainly not the information that was passed onto the Scunthorpe camp in any case. Auty was warned for moving at the start. Which (1) nobody but the referee seems to be seen (2) the referee took half a lap to decide.

All the best

Rob

i wasnt at the meeting so shouldnt comment but if the race was stopped for that reason,why wasnt Auty excluded?

i wasnt at the meeting so shouldnt comment but if the race was stopped for that reason,why wasnt Auty excluded?

Thats what everyone wanted to know, it was stopped with the riders on the back straight not for a starting offence, think the only way the referee could put all four riders in the rerun was if he made up a starting offence

very dangerous by Auty, but luckily Bjerre got away unscathed

Josh Auty needs a ban for trying to punch Bjerre off his bike. Should've stuck to his retirement the baby.

Come across some joke speedway fans throughout the years of being a supporter, but the 5/6 Workington fans on the 3rd/4th bend who were booing the Sheffield pair and calling Kyle Howarth a disgrace after getting to his feet after Charles Wright had took him out from behind are an absolute disgrace. Complete bitter, brain dead group of invalids.

tworkington fans dont boo anymore , they just rip up seats and hurl flares ..

EDITED ,,

Edited by jenga

Thats what everyone wanted to know, it was stopped with the riders on the back straight not for a starting offence, think the only way the referee could put all four riders in the rerun was if he made up a starting offence

very dangerous by Auty, but luckily Bjerre got away unscathed

So the race wasnt actually stopped for the reason you point out that Auty tried to fence Bjerre?

the red light was actually put on as the riders were on the second bend, its just that 3 riders decided to go flat out for the lead and probably decided to look what was happening on track rather than the lights on the outside, yes lasse did move to the outside,to cover josh`s run,but still left enough room for josh to pass(just) plus josh also had the option to shut the throttle off,and this was the view of most of us on the 3rd bend.

• Like 1

So the race wasnt actually stopped for the reason you point out that Auty tried to fence Bjerre?

Who knows why it was stopped, but it was stopped just after Auty tried to put Bjerre into the fence with Howarth and Kerr on the back straight, bit late for a starting offence, even you must see that

you tell me why it was stopped

• Like 1

Who knows why it was stopped, but it was stopped just after Auty tried to put Bjerre into the fence with Howarth and Kerr on the back straight, bit late for a starting offence, even you must see that

And yet the referee told the Scunthorpe team manager, Dave Peet, that it was stopped because Josh had moved at the start. Which I don't think he had. Your confusion proves as to the cause of the stoppage proves that.

All the best

Rob

EDITED:

According to post by Jenga, this was (name removed by self given subsequently disputed).

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

so previous you said it was stopped because Auty fenced Bjerre,now you say who knows why it was stopped?

i cant say why it was stopped as sadly i wasnt at the meeting

so previous you said it was stopped because Auty fenced Bjerre,now you say who knows why it was stopped?

i cant say why it was stopped as sadly i wasnt at the meeting

I assumed that as did everyone around me, but we dont know as the referee didnt say, just that Auty was warned, what for we dont know

as stated before the assumption was based on when the race was stopped and what happened just before it was stopped