British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
correy

Pairs Somerset

According to post by Jenga, this was Taylorj and her lot. Explains a lot. :o

Don't know who they were, there were 4 of them (2 men & 2 women) wearing Workington jackets, standing in the middle of the 3rd and 4th bends, but if that's what they call being speedway supporters then they should stop going. Being a little over the top for three of them, really it was just one of the men quite tall, thin on top wearing glasses. Shouted at Kyle Howarth just after he'd got up off the track following the incident with Charles Wright, (Quote) "You're a disgrace Howarth." Needless to say he was given short shrift from quite a few standing around him on the terraces and had nothing more to say before they made their way out. If you are that person please don't come back to Sheffield and if you were with him, don't bring him back with you if you do return.

I assumed that as did everyone around me, but we dont know as the referee didnt say, just that Auty was warned, what for we dont know

as stated before the assumption was based on when the race was stopped and what happened just before it was stopped

The warning was for moving at the start - that's what Dave Peet was told. As the Scunthorpe team manager, he's going to know what Josh was warned for.

He didn't think Josh had moved.

If yourself and everyone around you hadn't spotted that movement either, it suggests it didn't happen and the race was wrongly halted, with Lasse Bjerre way, way back on the track.

All the best

Rob

The warning was for moving at the start - that's what Dave Peet was told. As the Scunthorpe team manager, he's going to know what Josh was warned for.

He didn't think Josh had moved.

If yourself and everyone around you hadn't spotted that movement either, it suggests it didn't happen and the race was wrongly halted, with Lasse Bjerre way, way back on the track.

All the best

Rob

I an sorry but I don't appear to be making myself clear, or you don't understand, the race was stopped after Auty deliberately tried to put Bjerre into the fence, thats why Bjerre was way at the back, so if that was not the reason for the stoppage, it was a different reason for both a stoppage and an exclusion for Auty

According to the referee then Auty got away with an exclusion for very dangerous riding because of a supposed start offence

I and many others around me didn't think that there was a start offence, as apparently so does Dave Peat, so the conclusion based on that and when the race was stopped was the referee bottled the exclusion for dangerous riding for Auty by inventing a start offence

Based on the above I really don't see your point,

• Like 1

Ms 'Taylorj' please refrain from name calling and personal insults. Totally unnecessary, and you should apologise.

If you read my post I merely quoted what was posted by another poster. If you have issue with the content then "attack the post not the poster".

No need for your uncouthness.

You also said her being there explains a lot,what does that mean?
  • Like 1

You also said her being there explains a lot,what does that mean?

Re my original post to which you refer - in the interests of fairness I edited it given that the poster disputes that they were present at the particular location.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

I was on the 1st bend and as a neutral supporter I thought Sheffield were very lucky to get a rerun

auty was ahead of bjerre (by 1/2 a bike to 3/4) and then slid his bike out to enter the bend and in doing clipped bjerres front wheel

now if bjerre had gone down ... ive no doubt the ref would have immediately put red lights on

however, bjerre stayed on bike but by the time he got it under control the ref realised he would finish last and made a home-town decision in ordering the re-run

im from the old days and think far too many riders take advantage of this 1st bend benching 'rule' ... if you were on the outside and didn't make it ... you had to back off and cut back inside

I was surprised at the Sheffield supporters reaction .... must be a lot of beef between them and auty

however auty didn't try to put bjerre into the fence ..... he merely rode the line and rode it hard as he is entitled ....... he does not have to back off to allow bjerre a free run

I think bjerre gambled on the outside blast but instead of backing off when he clearly wasn't going to make it he powered on and kept his bike in a postion where auty was bound to clip him

there certainly was 'no starting offence' ........... as shown that none of the crowd reacted ...

the ref did probably was most refs would do ... but I think too many races are wrongly stopped and imho that was one of them

in the re-run auty simply went into the 3rd bend too quick ... his fault and rightly excluded

we all need some luck sometimes to win and Sheffield had theirs in the semi and the final where wright's error allowed him to be passed when redcar were coasting to victory

well done bjerre and Howarth

Edited by mauger65

Sorry but I never said it was you! (See the first five words of my post.)

I was just quoting your post as it described the culprits :)

Ms 'Taylorj' please refrain from name calling and personal insults. Totally unnecessary, and you should apologise.

If you read my post I merely quoted what was posted by another poster. If you have issue with the content then "attack the post not the poster".

No need for uncouthness and offensive/abusive language. If you cannot discuss in a mature and civilised manner then you should refrain from posting.

Thank you.

You will be waiting a very long time for an apology from me !!

You were the poster making the remarks "TaylorJ and her lot" as for discussing in a mature manner, did you ask me first if it was me before posting ???? I think not ...so the next time you want to post about me personally ask first :nono:

Thank You

You will be waiting a very long time for an apology from me !!

You were the poster making the remarks "TaylorJ and her lot" as for discussing in a mature manner, did you ask me first if it was me before posting ???? I think not ...so the next time you want to post about me personally ask first :nono:

Was only quoting from Jenga's post?

Your anger and angst are rather misplaced. I merely quoted a post by another poster and you if you had any issue with the content then you should have raised with them. If you had checked you would also find that as soon as I found that you disputed the content of the original post that I quoted I then edited it from my own post.

You have shown immature aggression on a number of occasions now and disdain towards others and for which there is simply no need, including this thread: http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=85350&page=8

If you cannot discuss in a mature and civilised manner then you should refrain from posting. 'Attack the post not the contributor' as per the forum rules which you have broken..

Any reasonable or decent person would apologise. As you say we will all be waiting a rather long time from yourself. More's the pity.

You sure will be waiting a long time , that was your post there in your name in black and white , did you apologise to me for getting it wrong ... nope!

We will never see eye to eye so you refrain from posting on my posts and will ignore yours ...simple

I was on the 1st bend and as a neutral supporter I thought Sheffield were very lucky to get a rerun

auty was ahead of bjerre (by 1/2 a bike to 3/4) and then slid his bike out to enter the bend and in doing clipped bjerres front wheel

This is the answer to it all, if Auty was up by half a bike going into the first bend he must have jumped the start, cos he just can't gate can he! The ref will have let it go to see if he gained an advantage (as all good refs' should) and when it was obvious he had the ref decided to bring all four back. Simple. :t:

• Like 1

You can please yourself what you do what you report , i'll lose no sleep . You obviously think you're right and I really couldn't careless to be honest .

Are you always like this. Crikey!

Enjoy your speedway and best of luck. :t:

This is the answer to it all, if Auty was up by half a bike going into the first bend he must have jumped the start, cos he just can't gate can he! The ref will have let it go to see if he gained an advantage (as all good refs' should) and when it was obvious he had the ref decided to bring all four back. Simple

With this ruling of giving warnings for jumping at the start why not put red lights on straight away, not wait to see if the rider got an advantage or bottled the decision?no grey area then,