Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Your 2017 Prem Winners.

How many times have we said 'This will be our year'. Its must be some sort of record that a club can go this long, with the top honour always alluding the Stars. Year upon year, we have tried but always failed that final hurdle..

We could say the sun hasn't shined on us when injuries have all but strangled a given opportunity. but that's the name of the game..

2017 looks promising, ( how many time have we said that? ) When looking at the other squads we are at least equal to most and better than some, but that is of little importance . Its what happens on the track that matters.. It's of no consequences how we start, or who we beat. its them play-offs that matter.

Of cause I'm optimistic, I am most years.... Are we good enough? yeah no problem.... Will this be the year? who knows....... But I will be there every step of the way to witness it happening.... Will it bother me if we don't win it? Noooooo...... But I will enjoy the journey regardless of how it ends up......

Prediction: KL plus perm any 3 from the rest. in the Play-off................. Then its in the lap of the gods...... :t: .

• Like 1

I will make a prediction when all teams are announced.

How many times have we said 'This will be our year'. Its must be some sort of record that a club can go this long, with the top honour always alluding the Stars. Year upon year, we have tried but always failed that final hurdle..

We could say the sun hasn't shined on us when injuries have all but strangled a given opportunity. but that's the name of the game..

2017 looks promising, ( how many time have we said that? ) When looking at the other squads we are at least equal to most and better than some, but that is of little importance . Its what happens on the track that matters.. It's of no consequences how we start, or who we beat. its them play-offs that matter.

Of cause I'm optimistic, I am most years.... Are we good enough? yeah no problem.... Will this be the year? who knows....... But I will be there every step of the way to witness it happening.... Will it bother me if we don't win it? Noooooo...... But I will enjoy the journey regardless of how it ends up......

Prediction: KL plus perm any 3 from the rest. in the Play-off................. Then its in the lap of the gods...... :t: .

what super post I'm the same i don't worry if Poole don't win the league never have done and I know we are lucky having won it many times speedway first club second good luck for the season
  • Like 2

Kings Lynn, because Batchelor is capable of putting 2 points on his average, & if he does, their 3 heatleaders will be the best in the league.

Yes I think it could be a big year for Batchelor would of liked us to of accommodated him at Poole

I rather like the idea of being under-rated, making changes and then doing the business in the play-offs. Don't know where I got the idea from. 👍

In other shock news Shovlar predicts Poole to win title. Who would have thought it ?

• Like 2

I hope Lions & Aces have a few surprises in their hats. Kings Lynn, Rye House & Poole will be in the play-offs from the teams that have announced their 2017 Septet. Kings Lynn to win the play-offs, on current line-ups

• Like 1

I rather like the idea of being under-rated, making changes and then doing the business in the play-offs. Don't know where I got the idea from.

In other shock news Shovlar predicts Poole to win title. Who would have thought it ?

Let them all, who made Wolves or Leicester to fight it out for the wooden spoon last year have their bit of fun,and to see if their predictions again ,come to bite them on the bum. ;)

• Like 1

I rather like the idea of being under-rated, making changes and then doing the business in the play-offs. Don't know where I got the idea from.

Of course I think Poole will win it, baring a repeat of injuries at the wrong time.

I believe we have the best team.

• Like 1

what super post I'm the same i don't worry if Poole don't win the league never have done and I know we are lucky having won it many times speedway first club second good luck for the season

Going to the next REF function are you ?

I tipped Poole to win it.but kings Lynn and wolves look stronger than Poole still waiting on belle vue and Leicester though

I tipped Poole to win it.but kings Lynn and wolves look stronger than Poole still waiting on belle vue and Leicester though

Didn't answer my question did you. One would assume you won't be..

Yes I think it could be a big year for Batchelor would of liked us to of accommodated him at Poole

I wouldn't..

Before a wheel has turned I'd say Poole. I fancy our chances at Rye House too if the top four can all consistently perform.

Of course I think Poole will win it, baring a repeat of injuries at the wrong time.

I believe we have the best team.

Yes, but you say that every year.

• Like 1

Going to the next REF function are you ?

your post was not on there prior to mine so I could not answer your question as your post was agresive towards me I won't answer it anywaya