Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Your 2017 Prem Winners.

I haveb always rated Bomber, never quite made it in the GP series, had the great win at Cardiff, but always seems to have a couple of "duck eggs" early in meeting and then is up against it to get to the semis/final.. How many times has he scored 5 or 6 points, and if only he'd had a win or second place in his first couple of rides.......

In league speedway, here in the UK he has been a great servant and a credit to the sport. How many times has he ridden through the pain barrier for Cov? When others, especially the foreign legion miss meetings for hayfever, headache, broken fingernail?

Hope he has a renaissance season for Rye...

• Like 4

Two of the nine teams are yet to announce a rider, hard to predict anything until they are completed....

Indeed. Belle Vue & Leicester could blow the league away :) Lets hope so.

Of those announced I think there is allot of potential in the Kings Lynn team, whether they can reach that potential I don't know, may depend if Holder is interested in average reduction to return to Poole. The Rye House team is a solid but unspectacular septet. Wolves will be a 3 man team IMO, the Bee's are basically hoping Bjerre is rejuvenated, and avoiding any 0's on the score card. Somerset should be OK at home but their are few heat wins on the road for that team. Think Coventry & Somerset went down the root of least last places for team building purposes.

As for 'the special ones' Poole, spent force but useful top end I guess, whether they can do the business when it matters, I have my doubts. I don't rate Kurtz - he was incapable of completing a lap of Monmore in the playoffs, that doesn't bode well. Never seen J Holder, Newman is plucky rider.

Poole have a strong number one but he is known to missing at times, apparently that won't happen this season as he loves Poole. Hans also has his best years behind him but they have a fairly strong top 2. The 3rd heat leader position is a worry but it means they will always have strong second strings. For Klindt see Kasprzak. Capable of big scores but also shockers. Shanes will do his job but needs to learn to gate. Strong side and will make the play offs. To many ifs and buts for me but I'm sure Ford will make changes if it goes wrong

Post from COL:

Of those announced I think there is allot of potential in the Kings Lynn team, whether they can reach that potential I don't know, may depend if Holder is interested in average reduction to return to Poole.

​Response:

Had you witness Holder being introduced to the Fans at Lynn and listened to him and Troy talking you would realise that all Holder wants is to prove a point to Poole. It was obvious he wasn't pleased that Poole had dropped him and wants nothing more then to prove them wrong. This could be the alkalise heel that tips the scales in the Stars direction..

Weather we win the league or not, the one thing I'm confident about is that Chris Holder will thorough enjoy his time riding for the Kings Lynn Stars,,,,, He won't let us down......

Edited by GRW123

............Gavan.............. Shanes will do his job but needs to learn to gate.

Perhaps he can book a few lessons with Chris Harris.

• Like 2

Bellevue and Leicester depending on who rides for them

Leicester is out of the running.Pleased to see them running and best of luck.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Leicester is out of the running.Pleased to see them running and best of luck.

Coventry look worse.

Maybe.I'm not sure.But both out of the title race.Glad both are running.We can't affort to loose anyone.Hope they have a good season.

No way. I see coventry aa challenging rye house for the last play off spot.

I see Leicester as dark horses!

It's all opinions anyway. :t:

Had you witness Holder being introduced to the Fans at Lynn and listened to him and Troy talking you would realise that all Holder wants is to prove a point to Poole.

I really hope he does so.

I see Leicester as dark horses!

It's all opinions anyway. :t:

They will be Spoilers but no more, like Somerset. It is very difficult to judge with these 2 point reserves in every team. I just hope Belle Vue can put out a competitive team.

Of those announced. Kings Lynn, Poole, Wolves & Rye House make the play-offs. Somerset & Leicester will spring a few surprises. Coventry will be mediocre. Swindon Wooden Spoon, sorry Robins fans I really hope I'm wrong.