British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Your 2017 Prem Winners.

I really hope he does so.

They will be Spoilers but no more, like Somerset. It is very difficult to judge with these 2 point reserves in every team. I just hope Belle Vue can put out a competitive team.

Of those announced. Kings Lynn, Poole, Wolves & Rye House make the play-offs. Somerset & Leicester will spring a few surprises. Coventry will be mediocre. Swindon Wooden Spoon, sorry Robins fans I really hope I'm wrong.

Did you really just say Wolves will make the play offs? :P

I really hope he does so.

They will be Spoilers but no more, like Somerset. It is very difficult to judge with these 2 point reserves in every team. I just hope Belle Vue can put out a competitive team.

Of those announced. Kings Lynn, Poole, Wolves & Rye House make the play-offs. Somerset & Leicester will spring a few surprises. Coventry will be mediocre. Swindon Wooden Spoon, sorry Robins fans I really hope I'm wrong.

Don't apologise. Our team is poo from 4 downwards and we will finish in the bottom 2 with the current team. I don't think Swindon fans react in the same way as others on here when the team is slated. We are a realistic bunch. 3 2016 premier league reserves hardly gets the blood pumping!!

Of course I think Poole will win it, baring a repeat of injuries at the wrong time.

I believe we have the best team.

As a Poole fan you should think you are the best, Matt normally builds a good side...................................................but

1. Hans Andersen 10.01 injury prone and on the way down.

2. Jack Holder (d/u). 7.16 without big brother Chris he may take a while to adjust.

3. Krystof Kaspazak 11.07 blows hot and cold

4. Brady Kurtz 7.65 didn't have the debut year Poole fans were hopping for.

5. Kyle Newman* (d/u). 6.31 Good second string. that's about it.

6. Nicholai Klindt. 5.42 will score more duff scores than good scores

7. James Shanes. 2.00 I hope he enjoys the bigger scene and improves his starting average.

I don't see anything here that would prompt me to choose Poole over K/Lynn,Wolves or Rye House. I will make a judgement on B Vue and Leicester when we know who are making up their 1-7.

• Like 1

Did you really just say Wolves will make the play offs? :P

Despite your signings yes I did. More due to the failings of other teams, but I really hope the Aces or the Lions push you out.

Edited by Col

As a Poole fan you should think you are the best, Matt normally builds a good side...................................................but

1. Hans Andersen 10.01 injury prone and on the way down.2. Jack Holder (d/u). 7.16 without big brother Chris he may take a while to adjust. 3. Krystof Kaspazak 11.07 blows hot and cold4. Brady Kurtz 7.65 didn't have the debut year Poole fans were hopping for.5. Kyle Newman* (d/u). 6.31 Good second string. that's about it.6. Nicholai Klindt. 5.42 will score more duff scores than good scores7. James Shanes. 2.00 I hope he enjoys the bigger scene and improves his starting average.

I don't see anything here that would prompt me to choose Poole over K/Lynn,Wolves or Rye House. I will make a judgement on B Vue and Leicester when we know who are making up their 1-7.

how dare you look at the Poole team that way!!! I've said the same thing. 4 riders that you never know if they score 10 or 5 in Hans, KK, Klindt and Kurtz. Jack Holder may need time and Newman is solid enough. I agree that Lynn Rye and Wolves look good solid sides

1. Hans Andersen 10.01 injury prone and on the way down.

2. Jack Holder (d/u). 7.16 without big brother Chris he may take a while to adjust.

3. Krystof Kaspazak 11.07 blows hot and cold

4. Brady Kurtz 7.65 didn't have the debut year Poole fans were hopping for.

5. Kyle Newman* (d/u). 6.31 Good second string. that's about it.

6. Nicholai Klindt. 5.42 will score more duff scores than good scores

7. James Shanes. 2.00 I hope he enjoys the bigger scene and improves his starting average.

I don't disagree quite an honest assessment actually

Good to read Kyle Newman's assessment of the team and its 2017 aspirations in the local paper today.

Each year I look at Poole squad and use that as a measuring stick for comparing the chances of the other teams. Usually they are the front runner in everyone's opinion of who is going to win. This year it is different, looking at Poole I feel this is the worse team they have assembled for many years. No, that bad, just worse than we have come to expect. Looking at their strength, I believe they are no better than several of the others and that has to be good for the sport... This sport needs to have competition of most of the teams to create excitement into close matches. having the same winners all the time does nobody any favours...

As much as I was pleased someone other than Poole won the league, I would rather it had been BV, as the usage of Woffy was to me very wrong. Nobody can convince me that dropping Joanas to accommodate someone who didn't give a damn for the club until his other commitments had finished . Not only does this highlight the riders attitude towards our clubs, but also the leagues inability to govern the sport correctly. When a team are able to bring in the current World Champion on such a low, old and fictitious average , surely someone has to question the integrity of our rules.. We talk about why the fans have turned their back on the sport but we appear blinded by the obvious problems as long as it favours certain clubs....

I make no secret that I wanted BV to win the final purely on the basis that they did it right by sticking the same team as they had started. I've got no idea who will win this years league title, but I do hope it is done in the correct and proper way......

• Like 2

I agree with you GRW except that Woffinden's average wasn't fictitious. It reflects badly on the credibility of the sport and no doubt made a lot of those casual Aces supporters who attended the final feel less likely to become regulars. One of the major problems is that the sport is not taken seriously because of the rules and the way they are sometimes interpreted and Woffinden's inclusion didn't help.

On the brighter side the authorities have recognised that it shouldn't happen again and have amended the rules to prevent such late team changes.

• Like 3

Pleased to read on here that Poole are not favourites this year. This thread shows many don't rate the Poole team very highly.

So clearly if we pull away at the top and win the league, we will have done it against all the odds, with the team raising their game and Middlo playing a blinder as team manager. Matt Ford will come in for huge praise from all and sundry for putting together a team that many thought was not good enough.

Personally, I think we have easily the best team of those announced so far. Andersen may be passed his peak, but against the weaker opposition in this years lineups he is still better than the majority.

Guess we will soon see in the ES.Bring it on!

• Like 1

Pleased to read on here that Poole are not favourites this year. This thread shows many don't rate the Poole team very highly.

So clearly if we pull away at the top and win the league, we will have done it against all the odds, with the team raising their game and Middlo playing a blinder as team manager. Matt Ford will come in for huge praise from all and sundry for putting together a team that many thought was not good enough.

Personally, I think we have easily the best team of those announced so far. Andersen may be passed his peak, but against the weaker opposition in this years lineups he is still better than the majority.

I have Poole 2nd favourites behind Kings Lynn.

easily the best team?? The heat leader trio isn't as strong as Wolves or Kings Lynn. Granted the second strings look ok but at teserves big question marks as well. Poole look strong but not easily the best not by a long shot