British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Your 2017 Prem Winners.

Poole favourites but the best of the rest not far behind them IMO.

• Like 1

Despite your signings yes I did. More due to the failings of other teams, but I really hope the Aces or the Lions push you out.

so originally you thought we were awful but not that bad against other teams!!

perhaps now you see why others have been saying the same thing from a while ago now..

likewise I hope Cradley miss the national league play offs :t:

As much as I was pleased someone other than Poole won the league, I would rather it had been BV, as the usage of Woffy was to me very wrong. Nobody can convince me that dropping Joanas to accommodate someone who didn't give a damn for the club until his other commitments had finished . Not only does this highlight the riders attitude towards our clubs, but also the leagues inability to govern the sport correctly. When a team are able to bring in the current World Champion on such a low, old and fictitious aveerage

Except Tai's average wasn't "low old or fictitious". We had to suffer in 2014 when Tai struggled badly and has since missed only the 2015 season before coming back in 2016.

I agree riders returning to the UK are given a fair average that fits their ability and the Lindback assessed 7 was more the shocker to me.

Wolves did nothing wrong and any other team would have done the same if they could, including Belle Vue, in the same situation.

Transparent and clear rules on riders returning is all it needs.

so originally you thought we were awful but not that bad against other teams!!

perhaps now you see why others have been saying the same thing from a while ago now..

likewise I hope Cradley miss the national league play offs :t:

Except Tai's average wasn't "low old or fictitious". We had to suffer in 2014 when Tai struggled badly and has since missed only the 2015 season before coming back in 2016.

I agree riders returning to the UK are given a fair average that fits their ability and the Lindback assessed 7 was more the shocker to me.

Wolves did nothing wrong and any other team would have done the same if they could, including Belle Vue, in the same situation.

Transparent and clear rules on riders returning is all it needs.

I agree that Lindback being assessed at 7 was an even bigger shock but both riders were allowed back on averages which didn't reflect their current ability, that was obvious to most who had any knowledge of the sport and reflected badly on the credibility of the sport. The new rules are designed to stop similar situations arising this year, although easily open to abuse when we know that you can easily fake symptoms of injury but at least it shows that the BSPA recognised that steps needed to be taken to try to prevent a recurrence of what happened last year so must have thought it was wrong.

It has been suggested be me and others that the simplest and fairest way is that any rider not currently riding in the UK is assessed on a realistic multiplier of his average in whichever country he rides.

The fact that wolves were allowed to draft Woffinden in just in time for the playoffs

Made a mockery of the sport in this country .

I know of at least 3 'new' fans who couldn't get their heads around that and as a result probably wont be going again

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 3

The fact that wolves were allowed to draft Woffinden in just in time for the playoffs

Made a mockery of the sport in this country .

I know of at least 3 'new' fans who couldn't get their heads around that and as a result probably wont go again

Lol ...no doubt to be joined by the bloke at work who laughs at speedway rules

• Like 2

It's not the fastest starters but the ones with the stamina to do a sprint finish so best to judge who is where come August or September but at present Poole, Rye House and Wolverhampton look the best three and Belle Vue should be strong even if they are not recalling some of the stars of last season in Worrall and Jacobs.

Be interesting to see if the riders considered to be on bargain averages like Bjerre, Batchelor and Klindt manage to complete their first eight fixtures otherwise they will be stuck on their modest average while the others are reduced to a more realistic average. Poole could benefit most from this with the big top two dropping a few points, Klindt staying on 5.42 and then either Kurtz returns or replaced with a new signing.

sorry mate your one of the good guys.

Poole will make the play offs ...possibly the final but i feel they may fall just short. KK and Hans not consistent. Third heat leader position is a worry. Second strings will be the strongest in the league and you have a good reserve who again can blow hot and cold. Im sure Ford will make changes if he needs to.

Too hard for me to call the leagues weak links at the moment. A lot of the guys who I would have called a "weak link" in seasons past, are now guys competing with a lot of weaker people. Almost impossible to call this season.

As a Poole fan you should think you are the best, Matt normally builds a good side...................................................but

1. Hans Andersen 10.01 injury prone and on the way down.

2. Jack Holder (d/u). 7.16 without big brother Chris he may take a while to adjust.

3. Krystof Kaspazak 11.07 blows hot and cold

4. Brady Kurtz 7.65 didn't have the debut year Poole fans were hopping for.

5. Kyle Newman* (d/u). 6.31 Good second string. that's about it.

6. Nicholai Klindt. 5.42 will score more duff scores than good scores

7. James Shanes. 2.00 I hope he enjoys the bigger scene and improves his starting average.

I don't see anything here that would prompt me to choose Poole over K/Lynn,Wolves or Rye House. I will make a judgement on B Vue and Leicester when we know who are making up their 1-7.

Wheras I would see the team:

KK - as good as any number 1 in the league. Will he surprised if he's not in the top 3 in the averages.

Andersen - the most proven 2nd hl in the league. Will be in the top 2 2nd hl.

Kurtz: needs to step up, but would argue only rye poole and kl have a stronger 3rd hl. Well capable of doing a solid job, and definitely decent value on that amperage

Holder - 4th in the world u21 champs. Has the potential to be the best 2nd string in the comp, but even if he ends up averaging around 6 he's done his job.

Newwman - likely to spend at least half the season at reserve, where he will be arguably the strongest reserve in the comp.

Klindt: bargain of the season. Will put at least a point on his average in a league where most riders will be dropping a point.

Shanes: will struggle, as will most of the 2 pointers. If he can score 2 at home and 1 away he has done his job.

Poole strongest by a nose from kl for me. Yes this is the weakest poole team for dome time, but that's because it has been built to what equates to the lowest team building average for some time.

• Like 1

Wheras I would see the team:

KK - as good as any number 1 in the league. Will he surprised if he's not in the top 3 in the averages.

Andersen - the most proven 2nd hl in the league. Will be in the top 2 2nd hl.

Kurtz: needs to step up, but would argue only rye poole and kl have a stronger 3rd hl. Well capable of doing a solid job, and definitely decent value on that amperage

Holder - 4th in the world u21 champs. Has the potential to be the best 2nd string in the comp, but even if he ends up averaging around 6 he's done his job.

Newwman - likely to spend at least half the season at reserve, where he will be arguably the strongest reserve in the comp.

Klindt: bargain of the season. Will put at least a point on his average in a league where most riders will be dropping a point.

Shanes: will struggle, as will most of the 2 pointers. If he can score 2 at home and 1 away he has done his job.

Poole strongest by a nose from kl for me. Yes this is the weakest poole team for dome time, but that's because it has been built to what equates to the lowest team building average for some time.

A Fair assessment, time will tell whose is nearest.

I'm a betting man so gone Poole.Prone to making the best of the rule book.

Did you omit Masters at Wolves for a reason? I'd say Wolves have the strongest 3rd heat leader.

• Like 1

Did you omit Masters at Wolves for a reason? I'd say Wolves have the strongest 3rd heat leader.

Error on my part Yep Masters will average more than Brady, I'd say masters/Thorssel will be the top 3rd hl.

Wheras while I think batch and Kennett (who I think will end as R yes 3rd hl) will average more than Brady, that's far from certain .

A Fair assessment, time will tell whose is nearest.

and equally your opinions were a fair assessment. Atcthis stage all just opinions and as you sat time will tell. Hopefully yours are closest!
  • Like 1