British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Doubling Up Priority 2017

wait until the relegation/promotion playoff - the teams will be a joke

Rule 2 should apply and Somerset has priority

... and rule 3 too, meaning we have priority.

Actually, it's a very good question..

Team A has 2 key riders that also ride for team B.

In a relegation/promotion final, who gets them.... Especially if it's a high flying PL second string and 3rd heat leader but the CL teams number 1 and 2nd heat leader!!!!

The answer to the topic header is ....... it's Speedway in the 21st Century. It'll be all down to who throws their toys out of the pram the hardest.

Do dummies play a part or have any bearing?

If a rider is a club asset of one of the particular clubs involved , then obviously he rides there , if the rider in question is a club asset of neither club ( i.e. Craig Cook Workington and probably Belle Vue as he's an Edinburgh asset ) then god knows , just have to hope there's not many clashes .

Also if for talking sake Richie Worrall ( Belle Vue asset assuming Belle Vue include him in their septet ) is down to ride for Glasgow against whoever in a scheduled fixture , but Belle Vue reaaranged a fixture for the same night - then the scheduled fixture would take priority .

The fun and games will come if we have a end of season situation where Workington and Belle Vue were the two sides involved in the promotion / relegation play off - which side would Craig Cook ride for in that scenario ? We could conceivably have Craig Cook riding number 1 for Workington and Belle Vue using rider replacement for Craig Cook at number 5 .

It goes down to the league that the owning club rides in (in the example you give, Workington would have first choice as Edinburgh ride in the Championship, along with Workington).

I haven't seen anywhere (yet), what happens in the end of season play-offs, but I'm presuming it will be the same as throughout the season, so see above! Unless they decide a rider rides for the home team in both legs, which would make even more of a mockery of the whole thing!!

for example, Newcastle v Kings Lynn in the playoff.

Rose & Lambert I'm guessing would be required at KL so Newcastle wouldn't be the team that got them to the top

Rose & Lambert I'm guessing would be required at KL so Newcastle wouldn't be the team that got them to the top

The whole thing is an accident waiting to happen

I've always thought it should be that unless the rider is an asset of a club, the senior league should take presidence

The premiership is the main league in this country with television etc. so that league should take priority. For professionalism as much as anything

Sure I read on another thread that the rider would ride for which ever club he mad most appearences for during the season, which make sense to me.

Edited by iand

One each & R/R each - makes perfect sense really

Could have Rose taking a R/R for Lambert against Lambert taking a R/R for Rose

• Like 1

I've always thought it should be that unless the rider is an asset of a club, the senior league should take presidence

The premiership is the main league in this country with television etc. so that league should take priority. For professionalism as much as anything

I can understand that, but the potential to rip apart a team that got to the top of their league isn't good for riders or fans

The rule was changed at the AGM so the club the rider has ridden for the longest have preference.

So for Craig Cook, if he signs for Belle Vue, they would have priority over Workington.

If a rider was riding for 2 new clubs, It would then go on which league the team he's owned by rides in.

One each & R/R each - makes perfect sense really

Could have Rose taking a R/R for Lambert against Lambert taking a R/R for Rose

Or they both ride for Newcastle in their home leg and then ride for Kings Lynn in their home leg?

• Like 1

The rule was changed at the AGM so the club the rider has ridden for the longest have preference.

So for Craig Cook, if he signs for Belle Vue, they would have priority over Workington.

If a rider was riding for 2 new clubs, It would then go on which league the team he's owned by rides in.

Fair enough , but it will be soul destroying for fans of any club having a rider they've cheered for all season turning out for the opposition against them in such an important fixture . If we must have doubling up ( and apparently riders cant make the sport pay without it ) then forget all about promotion and relegation once and for all .

that may be over ridden by the fact that the deal wasnt signed before the release of the fixtures as it was for Danny King and Coventry/Ipswich....