Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Doubling Up Priority 2017

Sure I read on another thread that the rider would ride for which ever club he mad most appearences for during the season, which make sense to me.

It may make sense to you, but it's unfair on the Premiership teams as they have less fixtures owing to the mismatch in league sizes.

Maybe its a percentage of the teams meetings?

Sure I read on another thread that the rider would ride for which ever club he mad most appearences for during the season, which make sense to me.

Except it makes no sense at all.

If a rider rides all fixtures in both league the championship has more fixtures due to the number of teams.

Are you really saying that the said rider should ride for the Championship club automatically, having not missed a meeting and is a club asset of the Premiership team?

Is that really fair?!?!

Except it makes no sense at all.

If a rider rides all fixtures in both league the championship has more fixtures due to the number of teams.

Are you really saying that the said rider should ride for the Championship club automatically, having not missed a meeting and is a club asset of the Premiership team?

Is that really fair?!?!

Prem 32 league fixtures, Championship 36 league fixtures, hardly that much difference. Even If the rider during the season was doubling up between the 2 leagues and had priority with the Prem club, I'm sure he would then ride more matches for them, you only need 2 fixtures to clash during the season to alter the balance.

Criteria in order should be:...

1) Owned By.

2) If not owned by either, same league as owned by.

3) If not owned at all (except BSPA), first signed for.

If club meeting clash, same as above.