British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

Danish League 2017

As far as I can see the Danish league for this semi are not using the match points system of starting with these points depending on the finishing position(3-6) in the regular season.So it looks as if it`s a straight contest with the top 2 scorers at the end going on to the final next Wednesday- where we might see the match points in operation !!!!!!

Edited by racers and royals

How do I get to watch TV2 Sport? Is this available online?

It is available online but it is geoblocked outside Denmark and it also requires a subscription. There usually aren't any streams available.

It is available online but it is geoblocked outside Denmark and it also requires a subscription. There usually aren't any streams available.

Lets hope Lasse Schmidt is around and uploads it to youtube- he missed the last TV match a couple of weeks ago.

After i posted i looked at the Fjelsted FB page and it has the same.Obviously copy and pasted from one or the other (without realising the mistake?)

Looking at the Holsted news for today it names Jason Jorgensen as the no.5 for Fjelsted and has a different line-up for Esbjerg

1. Rene Bach (B)

2. Michael Palm Toft ©

3. Tim Sørensen (D)

4. Norbert Kosciuch (B)

5. Matias Nielsen (D)

League debut for Matias Nielsen,who rides for Esbjerg in the lower division

http://www.holsted-speedway.dk/nyheder/drama+i+kulissen_842/

Drama in the semi-finals as Esbjerg are not allowed to use Rune Holta.They considered pulling out of the meeting,but say they owe it to their sponsors and the municipality

"We have three riders, all of which are called for training in Poland and therefore can not drive (Piotr Protasiewicz, Artur Czaja and Oliver Berntzon)

Denmark finally decided to remove stupid jokers from 4 team tournament. Should never be allowed in competitions like this.

FIM should follow and also remove it from World Cup.

• Like 1

I had written a semi long post but my phone browser crashed when i pressed post.

results after protests and race off heats for 2nd place .

TEAM FJELSTED 43

Peter Kildemand 15

Frederik Jakobsen 6

Anders Thomsen 6

Patrick Hougaard 12

Jason Jørgensen 4

Sportschef: Morten Svendsen

ESBJERG VIKINGS 30

Rene Bach 14

Michael Palm Toft 4

Tim Sørensen 3

Norbert Koscluch 8

Mathias Nielsen 1

Holdleder: Ib Pedersen

HOLSTED TIGERS 30

Krzystof Buczkowski 9

Rasmus Jensen 4

Bjarne Pedersen 12

Jonas Jeppesen 4

Martin Steen Hansen 1

Holdleder: Thomas Baastrup

HOLSTEBRO ELITE 29

Kenneth Bjerre 11

Ulrich Østergaard 8

Jonas B. Andersen 8

Kasper Lykke Nielsen 2

Lasse Pørtner 0

Holdleder: Erik Villadsen

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1951263254900213&id=113869148639642&__tn__=-R

It is great to see a competition where mostly home grown riders appear with only 2 foreign riders.

• Like 1

It is great to see a competition where mostly home grown riders appear with only 2 foreign riders.

That is something I would like to see here as well, maybe 2 stars, 1 regular foreign rider and then fill it up with swedes.

It would be lower quality initially but would be beneficial in the long run.

• Like 2

Report on last night`s semi

ALL ABOUT THE SEMIFINAL DEVELOPMENT INCLUDING OPINIONS FROM THE FIRE:

TEAM FELLESS AND HOLSTED TIGERS IN THE DM FINAL AFTER GIGANTIC DRAMA

On Friday night, an unusual drama appeared when the semi-final of the Metal Speedway League was settled on the final round of a round where Holsted Tigers joined the finals together with sovereign Team Fjelsted.

Some wise heads had said that the last place in the DM final would be decided by 2-4 points. Those who had said it must withdraw the words, because it became much, much closer and more dramatic than that. While Superb Team Fjelsted soon secured a lead that never endured the DM final, Esbjerg Vikings, Holsted Tigers and Holstebro Elite fought a duel so close that this match will be spoken for many years in Danish speedway. It was thought that up to the match had been a lot of drama in the game around the final team arrangements and the rules for this, but it did not turn out to be something next to the semifinal drama that played on and outside the slag at Varde Motor Arena on Friday night .
It all culminated when Holsted Tigers after heat 19 - with three heats back - protested over Esbjerg's use of a so-called tactical reserve. According to the rules, this must be inserted when a team is backwards with six points and is last in the match, but at the team meeting before the match only six points were mentioned and there was therefore discussion about a situation where Esbjerg had used tactical reserve from third place , but backwards with more than six points. At that time Holsted was in the match with 25 points, while Holstebro and Esbjerg had 26 points.
The protest was rejected and three heats later ended with a drama of a 22nd and final heat, where a last-minute overthrow from Holstebro's Kenneth Bjerre at Holsted's Bjarne Pedersen sent Holsted and Esbjerg to a by-pass - the so-called divorce heater with one runs from each club after free choice.
Here, Esbjerg's Rene Bach made the start and led the first three laps before Polish Krzystof Buczkowski drove all the way to the soft ground and got lots of bites so he eventually overtook and secured Holsted victory and place in the DM final on Wednesday in Slangerup

It was a drama and it kept hard. This is what we have been fighting for since things began to be crooked for us, and it was just as it should be in the final tonight, "said Holsted team leader Thomas Baastrup, who earlier in the season lost team captain Nicki Pedersen into a crash.
Holsted, Esbjerg and Holstebro became all extras in a Team Fjelsted show, where the victory in the semifinal - not theoretically but in practice - was almost secured around halfway in the match, as the fynbos had hardly twice as many points as the three competitors. Team Fjelsted's captain Peter Kildemand became the match's big profile with a maximum of 15, although Denmark's single Grand Prix driver drove a heat less than six other drivers.
"He was awesome and showed us the way in a good, solid and straightforward team effort where we did not have to bet but could often drive safely after two points instead of chasing and risking accidents and injuries. Patrick Hougaard also made it excellent, and we will use him in the final on Wednesday, says Team Fjelsted sports director Morten Svendsen, who hopes that the DM hosts Slangerup sat in front of the television and watched.
"We can do something big over there," says the sports director, who, among other things, has to oppose Holsted colleague Thomas Baastrup.
"Fjelsted was superior today, but if we get a man more to score points then we are no longer gone than much can happen, Baastrup believes about the team that had Krzystof Buczkowski and Bjarne Pedersen as the two superior people .
- They are the only ones who hit it right today. The others tried, but being able to hang on with two men today, it was well done, says Thomas Baastrup, who after the match still thought he should have been right in his protest.
"It's black on white in the rules, so we're right," he says, who anticipates a tough final.
"It's going to hurry, so we'll get well. It'll be as fast as tonight," he says, but also believes that Holsted can run relatively freely.
"There is a big difference whether you are in the team or in the semifinals. Lastly, clubs such as us and Esbjerg have difficulty, so it's a relief to join, and in a few days we have to look at how we run our chance

Esbjerg Vikings took the defeat in the divorce as a victory because the team was amputated because of a ban on Polish veteran Rune Holta. Therefore, Esbjerg made such a poor ranking a team that the team should have been fined.
"I'm so proud of the whole team. We run with a subtle team against three whole crews, and yet we lose on the last round and are all along, breaking Holstebro and becoming number three. It was a hard day and a day before the match I was ready to throw my teamvest, but I was very proud of the pitch, so I was so moved after the match, "said Esbjerg team leader Ib Pedersen. leave a television interview while the feelings squeezed on after an evening where he had fought with all the claws and used all tactical possibilities.
- That was where we needed to have a chance. Rene Bach shows the flag, and we actually throw some stupid points that could have sent us directly to the finals, but I'm just proud that we ended up even though I turned away and did not dare see it. It should not be possible to get that far, says the team leader, who disregards Holsted's protest.
- I am tired of that. One must win on the pitch and not on the desk, says Ib Pedersen, who was provoked Holsted driver Rene Jensen in a drama that television viewers on TV 2 SPORT had unobtrusive views.
- There is nothing now and we talked afterwards. I know him, and we usually tire each other, but I would not have provoked him that way, recognizing Ib Pedersen, who says that all the drama propagated to the rider's farm after all the ballad of rules.
"I talked to Rudi Steen Hansen, who is chairman of the Speedway Commission. We had a bit of a fight in the media before the match, but there is nothing now. We must have looked at the rules, and it gave a lot of debate and focus on them. We chose to set up for our sponsors, Esbjerg Municipality and our fans, and we are pleased. I took a shot with the chairman, but we handed the match after the match, revealing the Esbjerg team leader who could see Michael Palm Toft run in the starting line-up, Tim Sørensen ruled from second place and Norbert Koscluch ruled from a first place, which probably cost one handful points.
Ib Pedersen revealed that Esbjerg's injured captain Niels Kristian Iversen on the day of the match called with support

It was just class of him. Esbjerg means a lot to Puk (Iversen, red.) And that he calls that way means a lot. In Esbjerg we stand together and I have gone from depressed to proud of a day and I almost feel that we are in the finals, even if we do not have to drive it, says a touched Pedersen who got a hard-hitting battle from Holstebro through the evening , before Holstebro eventually pulled the shortest straw.
"It's our season in a nutshell that it's almost and almost," said Holstebro team leader Erik Villadsen, who could well be pleased with the fact that he was part of a good and exciting match and even qualified say to it.
"Our goal for the season was to come in the semifinals, and in that we were all along, and without an accident, we could have driven us to the final," said Villadsen, who also mentions that all teams had an accident .
"I can find a lot of positive that we came from the rear wheels and after a difficult season start suddenly drove a number of awesome matches and drove us in the semifinals. We were sentenced, but came back and we can use it for something. The disappointment is there right now, but we recognize the defeat so the disappointment is to bear and we quickly get over it, and we would not have won DM, acknowledging Villadsen, who could see and hear the support of the club with his team.
"We would like to say thank you for the fact that so many fans from Holstebro had met. We could clearly hear them out there, thanks to the man behind what, after all, looks like a success season for Holstebro.
And in that way, an amazing speedway evening ended with four winners, although only two teams went to the finals

Line-ups for tomorrow`s final

SLANGERUP SPEEDWAY KLUB:

Mikkel Michelsen

Andreas Lyager

Michael Jepsen Jensen

Kenneth Kruse Hansen

Kenni Nissen

Holdleder: Lars Munkedal

REGION VARDE ELITESPORT:

Hans Andersen

Mikkel Bech Jensen

Mads Korneliussen