British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spiegal

Danish League 2017

was planning to go to Hastlebro the day before the GP (23/06) but that fixture has now disappeared so I can only assume it was due to be against Munkebo yet the website is still showing some of their fixtures

Yeah, the meeting on the Friday in Holstebro was supposed to be against Munkebo.

was planning to go to Hastlebro the day before the GP (23/06) but that fixture has now disappeared so I can only assume it was due to be against Munkebo yet the website is still showing some of their fixtures

As I understand they are looking into the possibility of a track share before they pull the plug completely on this season.

As I understand they are looking into the possibility of a track share before they pull the plug completely on this season.

Would that be at Fjelsted? - hard to see any other track close enough to work.

Would that be at Fjelsted? - hard to see any other track close enough to work.

Google translate isn't that good, so don't quote me on that, but I also got the impression they were also considering still trying to run some of their away meetings.

That is correct. https://www.munkebo-scorpions.dk/nyheder/info-omkring-koerselforbud/

DMU and Munkebo are looking into the possibilities for Munkebo to have their home meetings on another track and they will know by the end of this week if that will be possible or not.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Taking a long time getting something arranged then as this is quite old news.I have been in England almost a week and I read the news before leaving Germany!!!

So it turns out they officially informed the DMU they had withdrawn from the league 4 days ago.

Bizarrely there is no report of it on their website.

Edited by June01

Yes if you live in Denmark and have a subscription.

and when first TV meeting?

and when first TV meeting?

I don't know. I have looked at TV2 sport website but no mention of speedway.

1st TV match of the Danish league season is on Friday 9th June Region Varde v Slangerup start time 5.30pm UK time- 1st heat 6pm

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

Yesterday evening's meeting between Holsted and Esbjerg was aborted after 8 heats due to an unrideable track despite great weather.

Leaving 3200 in the attendance with only half a meeting on a poor track.

Holsted released a press release today where they announced that their meeting against Fjelsted on August 2nd will have free entrance.

Holsted claims that the track shale didn't behave as expected, that this was due to heavy raining the the two previous meetings and

that they should have added new shale to the track surface to prevent the track from being unrideable.

http://holsted-speedway.dk/nyheder/pressemeddelelse+_817/

Edited by Ghostwalker

Yesterday evening's meeting between Holsted and Esbjerg was aborted after 8 heats due to an unrideable track despite great weather.

Leaving 3200 in the attendance with only half a meeting on a poor track.

Holsted released a press release today where they announced that their meeting against Fjelsted on August 2nd will have free entrance.

Holsted claims that the track shale didn't behave as expected, that this was due to heavy raining the the two previous meetings and

that they should have added new shale to the track surface to prevent the track from being unrideable.

http://holsted-speedway.dk/nyheder/pressemeddelelse+_817/

Did the track cause Iversen to crash ? Nicki Pedersen will have an insurance claim.

Did the track cause Iversen to crash ? Nicki Pedersen will have an insurance claim.

Judge for yourself...A couple of the races can be seen here along with the crash.